Superbowl XLV

Luigi

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the way, where's Drakonius, Akronite, and the rest of their sanctimonious one-team-only ilk to bitch the rest of us out for rooting for the Pack or Steelers?

To be fair, Drakonius is a "two team" guy. I think he just let things get away from him after the Patriots lost to the Jets. He's still learning his way around here. Go easy on him.

BB52Big.jpg

B-Rich's puriticanical hand-wringing would be hilarious were there not so many others who think like him, which is why we had to watch the corpse of Mick Jagger prance around at halftime five years ago. I mean, haha, you called Kim Kardashian a "trollop." That trollop! That two-bit hussy! That woman of loose morals and ill repute!

You're sitting the kids down to watch drug addicts, rapists, and all-purpose lowlifes engage in a brutally violent activity with lifelong physical and neurological ramifications, and you're worried that someone had and/or mentioned a nice rack?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

B-Rich's puriticanical hand-wringing would be hilarious were there not so many others who think like him, which is why we had to watch the corpse of Mick Jagger prance around at halftime five years ago. I mean, haha, you called Kim Kardashian a "trollop." That trollop! That two-bit hussy! That woman of loose morals and ill repute!

You're sitting the kids down to watch drug addicts, rapists, and all-purpose lowlifes engage in a brutally violent activity with lifelong physical and neurological ramifications, and you're worried that someone had and/or mentioned a nice rack?

Pretty much.

BB52Big.jpg

So I find myself watching all the commercials on FoxSports.com due to the CRTC not showing the commercials here in Canada. All we got was Eminem doing a Brisk Iced Tea spot and a few movies that are coming out.

Favorite so far. E-Trade Bless you Peppers.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Packers 38

Steelers 17

It's close early but Big Ben gets hurt midway through the second quarter and is lost for the rest of the game. (Killing his chance at "redemption" :rolleyes: in the process.) Doesn't matter because he's thrown two INTs at that point, one of which is returned for a TD by Tramon Williams for the first score of the game. Aaron Rodgers will shred the Steelers secondary and the Packers will pull out to a big lead by midway through the third quarter. Starks gets 84 yds rushing. Pittsburgh scores a meaningless TD late. Rodgers is named MVP. The first question he gets asked on the podium will have something to do with Brett Favre.

ESPN asks if the Packers are the greatest team ever within 3 minutes of the end of the game. On Monday's Dan Patrick Show, Dan will open by asking "now that Rodgers has won a Super Bowl, is he one of the greatest QBs ever?" Colin Cowherd will say the officials handed the game to Green Bay. Steelers fans will disappear into the woodwork like they always do when their team loses.

Or not...

Did you read the spoilers or something? Anyways Packers 31-24

The subtitle to the thread says "post your prediction" so I posted my prediction. :D

By the way, is your sig big enough?

No sir, my sig is not big enough LOL. also a I just realized how close my prediction was sweet!

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

Outside of the game, the commercials were okay for the most part (... and don't get me started on Super 8... Movie about a damn motel chain)

Not sure if you were being facetious or not, but "Super 8" refers to a old home-movie format-- the film apparently is set in 1979 and deals with kids who accidentally filming some aliens.... ^_^

I for one did not think the commercials were "okay" for the most part. Maybe I'm getting older, but the level of tawdriness and raciness in the commercials is getting to be out of hand. I know many of you guys are younger, watch the games with your buds or girlfriends and may think nothing of seeing the ubiquitous, more-than-suggestive "Go Daddy.com" spots, but I've grown up with the Super Bowl since the early 70s. I remember watching with my family and folks as a kid, at parties they used to host. Nowadays I often have people over and we try to watch it with the kids. But it's getting to be that we cannot do so. I mean, really-- spots like these:

Mini Cooper - Cram it in the Boot. "Sir, have you ever crammed it in the boot?" The contestant's facial reaction says it all. And the suggestive positioning of the 6 foot long sub as the contestant slid it into the hatchback? Come on.

Pepsi Max - Inside thoughts of two people on a first/blind date. Woman has her own thoughts; man's thoughts are "I want to sleep with her, I want to sleep with her,..." This is not appropriate for a Super Bowl being watched by 10 year old boys (and girls).

Teleflora - Faith Hill tries to help someone put together card sentiments to go along with flowers; his idea is to tell his girlfriend about her "rack". Again, not appropriate.

Sealy - Absolutely ridiculous spot showing couples in an obvious post-coital bed, under covers. The taglines: "It's better on springs", and "Whatever you do in bed, Sealy supports it.". Too blatant to be considered a double entendre. Whatever happened to saying a bed is good for sleeping? And already, folks on the net are complaining and/or lamenting that they didn't show any same-sex or interracial lovers. Sheesh.

Shape-ups - Kim Kardashian expands her trollop image with a thinly veiled racy spot in which she's cutting loose her trainer in favor of Skechers shape ups, but with the focus on half-dressed sweaty bodies and lines like "You're amazing.. the best I've ever had" it's being a little more than titillating.

Pepsi Max (early) Black couple on park bench, husband leers at cute half-dressed blond jogger. Wife throws a can at him; he ducks, it hits and knocks out the jogger, then they run away? The leering is bad enough, but I agree with several others-- Pepsi Max sets race relations back a decade or two with this ad. Did this really trouble no one at PepsiCo?

At least Eminem's Iced Tea ad had him appropriately "beeped out", which was part of the schtick and the fun.

Other than that, I loved the VW Darth Vader spot, the Ozzy/Bieber spot, and of course the movie trailers. Got our first real look at "Captain America".

See, that format was before my time so whenever I hear 'Super 8' I assume they are talking about the motel chain.

I understand your issue with the ads being more racy and tawdry. Here's the thing though... If you're going shell out $3 Million for a 30 second ad on Super Bowl Sunday, you better make an ad that will have people talking the next day. All of these ads have something that people are talking about the next day. It also helps now that people can watch these ads the next day on YouTube so that if they missed the game, they can still watch the ads.

Speaking of which, there was an trailer for Transformers: Dark of the Moon on last night... I think. I missed it. Can anyone vouch this and if so, was there anything involved in it... and please tell me there are Dinobots, Galvatron and/or Unicron involved!

My throat is swolen, my voice has been running at half-speed, I was hung over for most of the day, some big, hairy shirtless dude tried to hug me in the Lambeau parking lot (I talked him into a Charles Woodson handshake instead :D), I almost got green & gold pyro shot up my a** in front of the Vince Lombardi statue... and it was ALL worth it! I definitely enjoyed this Super Bowl win more than XXXI... not only am I of legal drinking age now and therefore was able to actually go out and party, but the 2010 Packers felt much more like "my" team without His Favreness alienating us fans who don't fit the small-town Wisconsin phenotype.

What else to say that hasn't already been said? Obviously I couldn't be more proud or happier not only for Aaron Rodgers (for reasons I and everyone else has gone into dozens of times by now), but especially for guys like Donald Driver and Charles Woodson. It's a damn shame that both of them had to leave the game the way they did because they've both been around for a long time and have been completely unselfish about passing the torch to guys like Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, Nick Collins and Clay Matthews. Their (Driver & Woodson's) selflessness during the season has everything to do with why and how such a young and relatively inexperienced team was able to pull it together in the 4th quarter despite the physical absence of their on-field leaders and this fact should not be lost on anyone.

Drakonius... 'preciate the shoutout!

Buc... I know I have to go home one of these weekends, but I haven't decided on which one. Hit me up at moxonmxancxomexth@lixve.cxom (just remove the x's... spambots, y'know) and let's see what we can work out!

Capn89... do I smell butthurt? :P

THIRTEEN!!!!!!

One last bit of ball-busting for Drakonius - how did I miss this?

Plus, it reaffirms Tom Brady's greatness, with his 3 Super Bowl victories in 4 tries.

No. Just no. A game played between the Packers and Steelers could not and did not "reaffirm" the greatness of a player who didn't play for either team in the game.

I can't stand it when Patriots fans - and yes, it only ever seems to be your fanbase that does this - compare every single recent Super Bowl win by another team to their own wins and then say that "Brady's still the best because x, y, and z." It just comes across as sour grapes every year.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Plus, it reaffirms Tom Brady's greatness, with his 3 Super Bowl victories in 4 tries.

No. Just no. A game played between the Packers and Steelers could not and did not "reaffirm" the greatness of a player who didn't play for either team in the game.

I can't stand it when Patriots fans - and yes, it only ever seems to be your fanbase that does this - compare every single recent Super Bowl win by another team to their own wins and then say that "Brady's still the best because x, y, and z." It just comes across as sour grapes every year.

Good find sir out, good find. And yeah that game had no effect on any qb except for Rodgers and Big Ben.

I'm all up for some Pats bashing, but he does have a point. Had the Big Ben-led Steelers won last night then they would have won three Super Bowls in three trips and in a lot of ways could be considered to be on the same level as the Brady-led Pats. The Steelers lost, however. So the Brady-led Pats can still hold onto the claim of being the winningest team in the Super Bowl in the past decade. Which, like him or not, says a lot about Brady in regards to his greatness.

SpyGate, however, does taint that. Still, he has the rings. Hard to argue with that.

He's no Joe Montana, however.

In an ideal world, we'd also be saying that Brady is no Marino or Fouts either. :(

But yeah, I'm still not buying the argument. The Pats do have the winningest Super Bowl record this decade, but Spygate - as well as the fact that the Pats have choked in embarrassing fashion every year since Spygate was revealed - casts that whole period into unremovable doubt. Sorry Pats fans, but to quote Tupac, "that's just the way it is."

xLmjWVv.png

I'm suprised I haven't noticed this before, but every Black-Eyed-Peas song is basically the same. They all have these elements in it.

1. Beat sampling from other songs (I know this is a common occurrence in music these days, but that's a different topic for a different day)

2. Will.I.Am singing the chorus and the other three people either repeating what he says or singing ooh, ahh, or yeah.

3. Auto-toning the crap out of everyone's voice

4. Fergie attempting to sound like Mariah Carey

5. Shouting at the top of their lungs either "Put Your Hands Up" or "Get Up"

If it doesn't have those 5 elements then it is not a Black-Eyed-Peas song.

Now it is. Before they sold out and let Fergie into the group, the Black Eyed Peas were actually decent.

Rather ironic that the Peas have become exactly the kind of artists they made fun of in this song.

xLmjWVv.png

Now now...it's not like Trent Dilfer is the only crap quarterback to get credit for a ring. We don't mock Mark Rypien nearly enough for demonstrating the utter meaninglessness of being a Super Bowl MVP in terms of career evaluation.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived