PTI

Luigi

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never have understood the format for Around the Horn. How do the guys score points?

Basically, Tony Reali (the host, and who is also the "statboy" on PTI) is sort of like a judge. If you say something he finds is a good point or interesting, you get points. It's not so much whether he agrees with it or not, it's more of a "who is defending thier side of the argument best" sort of thing, at least that's what I get from it.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Beadle makes up for Cowherd.

Until she actually opens up her mouth, laughs before completing her sentence or says dunkface or Akron Hammer.

While I will give you the latter two, speak for yourself when it comes to the former two.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Wow... I didn't even realize that PTI was still on. Personally, I preferred it over ATH, because I was never a fan of subjective scoring, since Tony Reali would slaughter anyone who mentioned hockey, soccer, or even Nascar. I'm only a fan of hockey out of those three, but it reinforced ESPN being the Worldwide Leader in Douchebags.

Speaking of douches, Colin Cowherd is a douche, an unapologetic Patriots sycophant, and a borderline racist. He's put me off SportsNation entirely.

Also, Skip Bayless definitely qualifies, too. Total :censored:, going back to his columnist days, when he would make up rumors about athletes being gay and the like.

Sound the alarms. We agree on something again. I think you went too easy on Cowherd and Bayless but you've got the right idea.

BB52Big.jpg

Speaking of douches, Colin Cowherd is a douche, an unapologetic Patriots sycophant, and a borderline racist. He's put me off SportsNation entirely.

Also, Skip Bayless definitely qualifies, too. Total :censored:, going back to his columnist days, when he would make up rumors about athletes being gay and the like.

Sound the alarms. We agree on something again. I think you went too easy on Cowherd and Bayless but you've got the right idea.

I'm surprised that people gave Colin Cowherd that much of a chance. The first time I ever stumbled into him on ESPN Radio, we told a caller to "go shoot himself... go blow your brains out with a shotgun." Someone actually had the gall to call in and talk about the Kansas City Royals on his show, and to this day I have no idea how ESPN kept him after that.

I'm surprised that people gave Colin Cowherd that much of a chance. The first time I ever stumbled into him on ESPN Radio, we told a caller to "go shoot himself... go blow your brains out with a shotgun." Someone actually had the gall to call in and talk about the Kansas City Royals on his show, and to this day I have no idea how ESPN kept him after that.

They think he's their version of Jim Rome. ESPN Radio is "successful?" because it's decent quality (Cowherd aside) 24/7 radio that stations essentially get for free. In other words, you can brand your small AM station as "ESPN 1340" for nothing but an agreement to air the commercials that come with the feed. So, you can pay local hack talk show host to be...well...bad, or you can run ESPN Radio all day for free.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying ESPN Radio is terrible or anything, I actually like a lot of it. I'm just trying to explain why Cowherd is on so many stations. He's free brand name programming. And he's in a throw away day part. AM stations don't make their money from 10am-1pm. In a big market the guy wouldn't last a ratings book in morning or afternoon drive. Which is precisely why he's on from 10-1.

BB52Big.jpg

They think he's their version of Jim Rome. ESPN Radio is "successful?" because it's decent quality (Cowherd aside) 24/7 radio that stations essentially get for free. In other words, you can brand your small AM station as "ESPN 1340" for nothing but an agreement to air the commercials that come with the feed. So, you can pay local hack talk show host to be...well...bad, or you can run ESPN Radio all day for free.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying ESPN Radio is terrible or anything, I actually like a lot of it. I'm just trying to explain why Cowherd is on so many stations. He's free brand name programming. And he's in a throw away day part. AM stations don't make their money from 10am-1pm. In a big market the guy wouldn't last a ratings book in morning or afternoon drive. Which is precisely why he's on from 10-1.

I know what you're saying. Most of ESPN Radio is good too, but I'm just surprised they even kept him on after that stunt, since I've never heard Jim Rome interact with a caller like that. Sure, he's blasted a couple of them, but telling someone to kill themselves is another thing. Then again, ESPN had problems with Harold Reynolds, and others harassing women, so perhaps most of their "employees" act like that to begin with.

Wow... I didn't even realize that PTI was still on. Personally, I preferred it over ATH, because I was never a fan of subjective scoring, since Tony Reali would slaughter anyone who mentioned hockey, soccer, or even Nascar. I'm only a fan of hockey out of those three, but it reinforced ESPN being the Worldwide Leader in Douchebags.

What are you talking about? Reali goes out of his way to mention hockey and soccer topics.

Nascar he seems to do only because it's an ESPN thing. But he sounds professional when he has to talk about it though.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I really like PTI because it's probably the best show we get on ESPN Australia, they have an australian version which is alright but not as good. Whenever ATH is on I make sure I watch it but it's ver rarely on over here, they're to busy showing sportcenter australia (crap!) and Spanish soccer.

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

That was my favorite show back when I still watched ESPN, but I honestly wasn't even sure if it was still on. It was something cool and different when it first started, but I'm sure that if I watched it now I'd find it annoying seeing as how 90% of everything that comes on ESPN nowadays is an imitation of it in some form or another.

ATH just makes me laugh!! I mean I have no problem with Cowherd. I love the guys on ESPN Radio in D.C. The Sports Reporters are great!! And hey I like Tony K!!! In December, I was invited to go to the press box with Dan Steinberg, and I sat next to him and Tom Boswell, which was sweet, but Mike Wise KEPT YELLING jokes and nobody laughed... I felt bad haha

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

ATH and PTI used to be part of my routine when I got home from school. Come home and have intermittent catnaps while watching those 2 shows. It was one of my favorite parts of the day.

The quality of the shows has gone down a little, but I still find them entertaining.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I was wrong. I also will watch the "Sports Reporters" on Sunday. So that, "PTI" and live games. Used to watch "Baseball Tonight" but it got a full ESPN-izing lately and isn't what it used to be.

EDIT: Keep forgetting to post that I can't stand ATH, but Reali seems likeable enough.

I can't stand ATH. I think Woody Paige might be mentally handicapped.

30 Rock nailed them when Tracy Jordan appeared on "Sports Shouting"

sports+shouting.jpg

If he is mentally handicapped (and I think he might be, too)...then Bill Plaschke is verbally handicapped.

Seriously...how the hell do you stay on TV when you can't even get through ONE sentence without stammering over your own words? Oh--and how 'bout you keeps your hands down while you're spitting the stammer there, guy?

Oh--and just to piggyback off some previously mentioned viewpoints: Cowherd's a jagoff, and someone needs to do to Bayless's face with a fist what he always does to that damn desk. I suddenly feel a the urge for broad-fisted impact to the grill coming on right now...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

What are you talking about? Reali goes out of his way to mention hockey and soccer topics.

Nascar he seems to do only because it's an ESPN thing. But he sounds professional when he has to talk about it though.

I don't watch ATH a lot, but when I have and someone mentions it, whether their making an analogy, or perhaps using their 30 seconds of air-time after the show to promote the sport, he usually comes back with a snide remark about its low ratings.

I realized a while ago that there's no point to watch PTI, so I only download the podcast. It's not a visual show. I don't even like Kornheiser as much as I used to, and Wilbon is close to intolerable sometimes (with his catch phrase, "JUNK! Cause the BCS is just JUNK! Get that JUNK outta here!"), but ATH just became unbearable for me a while back.

Due to time zone differences, he's not on at 10 everywhere. He's on in the morning here.

And yes, he is terrible, and Sportsnation is one of the worst shows ESPN has ever done. And not just because of Cowherd.

Archived