PTI

Luigi

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like PTI, but I'm more partial to Around the Horn.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I watch PTI every other day (I have classes during thier air time on Tuesdays and Thursdays), as well as Around The Horn. I have to be honest, watching those two back to back is my favorite hour of television unless there's a game or back-to-back Seinfeld on somewhere. I don't know what it is, but I just love shows like Around the Horn and PTI. PTI is especially great when Steve Young is on the "Five Good Minutes" segment, any conversation that he, Kornheiser, and Wilbon have turns out to be very entertaining.

As far as other ESPN shows, I'll watch SportsNation every now and then, but I can't watch a minute of Rome is Burning. I can't stand Jim Rome.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I hate Kornheiser and Wilbon with a passion. Worst WaPo writers EVER (and yes, that includes Mike Wise), glad they both dont work there anymore and I cant get the radio station that Kornheiser is on.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I definitely can't stand Rome, especially because he's such a douche about soccer.

I do love SportsNation. Michelle Beadle = :wub: :wub:

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I definitely can't stand Rome, especially because he's such a douche about soccer everything.

I do love SportsNation. Michelle Beadle = :wub: :wub:

Fixed that for ya :P

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Speaking of douches, Colin Cowherd is a douche, an unapologetic Patriots sycophant, and a borderline racist. He's put me off SportsNation entirely.

Me, as well.

Plus I find it really irritating that he keeps talking about Vegas and what they think about various sporting events, apparently unaware of what the line really means. Hint, Colin, it's not their objective analysis of the two teams.

Speaking of douches, Colin Cowherd is a douche, an unapologetic Patriots sycophant, and a borderline racist. He's put me off SportsNation entirely.

Me, as well.

Plus I find it really irritating that he keeps talking about Vegas and what they think about various sporting events, apparently unaware of what the line really means. Hint, Colin, it's not their objective analysis of the two teams.

I know! The other thing that irritates the crap out of me about him is he makes the false assumption, and he does it all the time, that high ratings for a show or a movie means that it's a quality show or movie. He then uses the ratings of his own show as evidence that he has a good show. He doesn't have a good show. He somehow slimed into a prime slot and is ranting on the controversial issues to get numbers. All you need to know about Cowherd in that regard, he thinks Two and a Half Men is a good show.

Also, he openly roots for the Yankees, Patriots, Lakers, Steelers, and USC. He's every annoying kid on the playground that only likes the good teams.

I haven't disliked a media personality more than Cowherd ever. His act is transparent. He says shocking things to get publicity and incite emotions from people. To me, that's the sign of a host that isn't talented enough to carry the show on his own merit. The thing is, talented on air personalities don't need to be controversial to have solid and interesting shows. Dan Patrick and Scott Van Pelt are examples of that. They may not get Coward's ratings, but they're far more respected in the game.

One more, the other week he was talking about how unlikeable Jay Cutler is. The irony of Colin Cowherd calling someone unlikeable is palpable (to plagiarize myself from another thread). If I was given the choice between having a beer with Jay Cutler or Colin Cowherd, I'd take Jay Cutler every time.

It's a shame that babe cohost of his is stuck working with him. Sometimes on Sportsnation you can almost tell that Michelle Beadle doesn't like him.

end Cowherd rant

Yes, I watch PTI from time to time, but I like Kornheiser less and less all the time. He's a doofus.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Beadle makes up for Cowherd.

I never have understood the format for Around the Horn. How do the guys score points?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived