Bills confirm new uniform for 2011

Nick in England

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Horrible. Simply horrible.

They took 18 months to come up with a grey (in my view ugly) facemask, two thin stripes and the old logo? What is this, 1973?

Needs:

Blue facemask

Wider stripes

Wrap-around charging buffalo (similar to the wrap-around Seahawks jersey of the 80's)

blue pants

Jeeze, how about some innovation for once?

Because all we do is compain when sportswear companies try to innovate.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

newuniform-group-story.jpg

Okay, take a deep look at this photo ... it sure appears to me that Steve Tasker 89, Booker Edgerson 24, and Jim Kelly 12 ... are wearing REPLICA jerseys.

All the others in # 11 are wearing AUTHENTIC jerseys.

Look how the numbers are a bit smaller in the front on all the 11's which are authentics, yet they have a fatter navy blue outline on the replica jerseys.

When REEBOK makes replica jerseys, the jersey numbers are the same size on both the front and back, but authentic ones that the players wear, the front jersey numbers are always somewhat smaller than the jersey numbers on the back.

As Johnny pointed out, there are blue pants in the new set which surprised me when they didn't appear today.

One tweak I can see is an easy no-brainer, and that is that the sleeve stripes need to be lowered, and in doing so the 'Reebok' logo should be moved above the sleeve stripes. An easy reversal.

Only in 1964 I believe it was, were the stripes that far up ... like the COLTS have. I don't care for that 1964 look, it needs a reversal.

Why the jersey striping doesn't match the helmet and pants striping is beyond me.

A. Because matching every set of stripes on the uniform is beyond boring, and B. Because the helmet and pants would look terrible if each one had not one but two 3-color stripes on it. No one in the NFL has helmet or pant striping like that!

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Okay, take a deep look at this photo ... it sure appears to me that Steve Tasker 89, Booker Edgerson 24, and Jim Kelly 12 ... are wearing REPLICA jerseys.

Nope. Tasker, Edgerson, and Kelly are wearing the authentics that are available to purchase.

The #11's are the on-field uni's that are not for retail sale.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

So, someone please tell me... are the Sleeve stripes supposed to be diagonal BY DESIGN (kinda like the Chargers' halfway stripes)? Or is it simply a function of the modren jersey cut? Because the Reebok logo appearing below the stripe makes me think it's the former. But I'm not sure.

Oh, and for the record... upgrade. Because, really, what wouldn't be?

Nope. Tasker, Edgerson, and Kelly are wearing the authentics that are available to purchase.

The Giants had that same dilemma where a Manning on field jersey looks like crap and is without that red triangle around the NFL shield and an authentic jersey on sale looks normal and has that triangle but isn't worn on field.

It's because they're the goddamn :censored:ing Super Stretchies. The Giants had that same dilemma where a Manning on field jersey looks like crap and is without that red triangle around the NFL shield and an authentic jersey on sale looks normal and has that triangle but isn't worn on field. Super stretchies adsfjh;ldsjfanh;bgj.

Why are you yelling?

Please stop.

So, someone please tell me... are the Sleeve stripes supposed to be diagonal BY DESIGN (kinda like the Chargers' halfway stripes)? Or is it simply a function of the modren jersey cut? Because the Reebok logo appearing below the stripe makes me think it's the former. But I'm not sure.

It's a little of both. The retail authentics are more slanted than normal and the on-field uni's are tight-stretched and cause the stripes to be even more slanted. I have a bad feeling all striped teams are going to look like this on the field in 2011 (i.e. Packers, Browns, Steelers, and etc.).

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

It's because they're the goddamn :censored:ing Super Stretchies. The Giants had that same dilemma where a Manning on field jersey looks like crap and is without that red triangle around the NFL shield and an authentic jersey on sale looks normal and has that triangle but isn't worn on field. Super stretchies adsfjh;ldsjfanh;bgj.

What are you so pissed off about? Jeezus.

When REEBOK makes replica jerseys, the jersey numbers are the same size on both the front and back

Not true. Numbers on the replicas are different sizes. Front numbers are smaller.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Why the jersey striping doesn't match the helmet and pants striping is beyond me.

A. Because matching every set of stripes on the uniform is beyond boring, and B. Because the helmet and pants would look terrible if each one had not one but two 3-color stripes on it. No one in the NFL has helmet or pant striping like that!

You misunderstood. I don't want two three-color stripes on all parts of the uniform. I want the color pattern to be the same.

And no, matching every set of stripes isn't boring. It's a clean look that shows organization.

Archived