Bills confirm new uniform for 2011

Nick in England

Put this logo on the helmet and it would be sweet

Why must the Browns put a logo on their helmet? Besides a few eras where they've had numbers on the helmet, the Browns have never had a logo and that makes them unique. Why ruin tradition without a worthy cause?

BTW, that "B" logo is currently for their women's clothing line only.

I have been a Browns fan for 25 years and the tradition ended in 1995 when the team moved to Baltimore. Sure they are still called the Browns, but IMO this team is no where close to that tradition. I thought when they came back in 1999 they should have updated their logo then.

Shouldn't your avatar read "I hate the Steelers" or something? Can't believe no one's written that book yet.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Seahawks are a good shout for a contender actually.

Notice how many of these contenders are from the modern look school of NFL uniforms!

The Seahawks have great uni's and possibly one of the best when worn with the right combination.

genuinely, I respectfully disagree. Just a bad set IMO. And too often a monochrome mess.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

3ae6b87b-e977-455d-9c96-1b63fa5f9273.jpg

This is the best the Browns have ever looked, IMO.

It's cute how you keep trying this, even though anyone who's spent any decent chunk of time on the boards knows better. You're like an aesthetic willmorris.

Nah, Lights Out has bad taste, but he's genuine about it.

nuordr is closer to an aesthetic willmorris. He's Lights Out without the tact.

Why must the Browns put a logo on their helmet? Besides a few eras where they've had numbers on the helmet, the Browns have never had a logo and that makes them unique. Why ruin tradition without a worthy cause?

I have been a Browns fan for 25 years and the tradition ended in 1995 when the team moved to Baltimore. Sure they are still called the Browns, but IMO this team is no where close to that tradition. I thought when they came back in 1999 they should have updated their logo then.

Shouldn't your avatar read "I hate the Steelers" or something? Can't believe no one's written that book yet.

Actually when the Browns left for Baltimore, I actually pulled for the Steelers. Art Rooney was the only owner having a Cleveland Brown day when their were no Browns. For that, I will always love the Steelers!

spacer.png

It's doesn't work for the Browns but it's not bad work.

Huh? It's a generic TeamBuilder template (an ugly one at that) that he filled in with the Browns' logo and colors.

So if I come up with a good idea but the only way I know how to show it is through teambuilder, that means it automatically sucks?

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

No offense, but thankfully you only represent less than 1% of how Browns fans feel. As a Browns Backer, I can speak for the rest of my fanbase and say you are way out there with your thinking. ONLY the Browns 1995 roster left Cleveland. ALL of their history, tradition, colors, logos, championships, and etc stayed in Cleveland and the 1999 Browns are a part of this too. This is a fact and cannot be debated.

Now back to the Bills..........

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

@Infrared: No, but his idea sucks because he used an awful template for it. Generally, though, TeamBuilder isn't the best way to showcase your ideas because you're locked into a few select generic templates. If none of them work for whatever team you're making, you're SOL.

@JohnnySeoul: That's only inarguable if you're delusional. No matter how hard the NFL tries to retcon the embarrassing Browns saga out of its history, the fact remains that the old Browns are now the Ravens, and the new Browns are an expansion team.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

The Seahawks are a good shout for a contender actually.

Notice how many of these contenders are from the modern look school of NFL uniforms!

The Seahawks have great uni's and possibly one of the best when worn with the right combination.

genuinely, I respectfully disagree. Just a bad set IMO. And too often a monochrome mess.

Which is why I mentioned the right combination.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

@Infrared: No, but his idea sucks because he used an awful template for it. Generally, though, TeamBuilder isn't the best way to showcase your ideas because you're locked into a few select generic templates. If none of them work for whatever team you're making, you're SOL.

@JohnnySeoul: That's only inarguable if you're delusional. No matter how hard the NFL tries to retcon the embarrassing Browns saga out of its history, the fact remains that the old Browns are now the Ravens, and the new Browns are an expansion team.

I agree that these Browns are an expansion team. My Browns won a Superbowl as the Ravens in 2000.

spacer.png

That's only inarguable if you're delusional. No matter how hard the NFL tries to retcon the embarrassing Browns saga out of its history, the fact remains that the old Browns are now the Ravens, and the new Browns are an expansion team.

Oh, good Lord, here we go again...

Agreed....enough already. The current Browns ARE the Cleveland Browns. They have the city's history, traditions, colors, name, logos, championships, and etc. This is a fact and non-debatable. Lights Out and this nuordr dude need to put down the crack pipes.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

So here's a qusetion. I think its safe to say that for the past decade or so, the Bills were the unrivaled answer for 99% of the CCSLC community to the "worst uniform in the NFL" question. Like it or hate it, I believe this update at least takes them out of the running.

So... who is it now?

1. Jaguars - just a lifeless uniform set

2. Vikings - helmet = good, uniforms = awful

3. Bengals - way too much going on

4. Seahawks - close, but not quite there just yet

5. Raiders/Browns - a lot of potential for minor tweaks that could be awesome, but unis are 'untouchables'

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

3) The 1994 set is 100000 times better than the two sets you posted

I agree with you that the 1994 Patriots uniform was the best they've ever had:

Benbb.jpg

As far as worst in the NFL right now, I don't see how any team comes close to the Bengals. Sure, the Jaguars and Patriots might be bland and unnecessarily piped, but the Bengals' is legitimately offensive. Crappy font, unnecessary drop shadow, mismatched side panels, and even an issue where the top sleeve stripe is made of a different material than the rest. Just a terrible uniform all around.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Have y'all forgotten that the Tennessee Titans exist?

Before they made the luv-ya blue jersey their primary homes, I would have argued a case for them having one of the better sets in the league. Their road sets still are, but their home sets are schizophrenic. White helmet, luv-ya blue jersey with navy shoulder yoke, navy pants and socks. I'd like to think that issue could be fixed by simply pairing white pants with that home jersey...but I don't even think that'd help. My own personal..they should just re-appoint the navy tops as their primary...or find a way to redesign the luv-ya blue tops to fit within the rest of that aesthetic. (Oh and let's not forget about the flaming thumbtack logo that includes red...which is nowhere else to be seen on the uniform...but that's splitting hairs, I suppose.)

That said, since so many people seem to have forgotten, my vote for the NFL's most irrelevant franchise (currently) is the Tennessee Titans.

Now back to the Bills...my primary critique & opinion has already been covered 20 different ways to Sunday by several posters, but I'll point out my main beef: the navy. With the way they used it...its completely unnecessary. Seems as if it was shoehorned in just for the sake of it being shoehorned in (NFNS??). To add to that...why is the navy the outermost outline on the numbers and helmet stripe...but then the innermost outline on the sleeve stripes? I can't even tell if the pants stripes have navy trim...but the navy isn't even needed. Brings the whole thing down for me. Other than that, upgrade from what they had.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I would have to say, for worst current uniforms:

#3 Jets: I just ticked off every jet fan over 50 years old, I know. Here are my problems:

a. for a team with a great nickname, the logo is incredibly boring. Where is the "jet" in

this identity. It might as well be the logo for an insurance company.

b. The new cut of uniforms makes the shoulder stripe look ridiculous. Without sleeves it

just doesn't work. See the Colts too on this. Not good.

c. It is a classic case of revering something just because it is "classic" which means

old. I hate Penn State and Alabama for the same reason. BORING!!!!!!!

#2 Vikings: Those stripes are a mess. I don't think they need to go old-school on this, but they need

to make some changes. The pant stripes are pointless and the shoulders need to be adjusted

so that they only come around the front, looking like horns, instead of the odd mishmash they

have now. So, new is not always good either.

#1 Jaguars: Boring, boring, boring. What is the point of those ridiculously thin stripes? Where did the

gold go. You have a good color set (for Florida) and a natural option with jaguar print in

small quantities, how do you come up with something so horrible?

At least my beloved Bills are no longer the obvious choice. I am not a fan of the grey facemask, the socks or how they botched the order of stripes and number piping between red/navy and either white or royal, but compared to the trainwreck outfits they wore before, this is a huge upgrade.

Archived