2011 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Checked the standings earlier and my jaw dropped when I saw this.

piratesstandingjuly4.png

Wow. Keep it up Pirates!

Taking a roadtrip to Pittsburgh this weekend to see Cubs @ Pirates at PNC. We planned it about 3 months ago. Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought the Pirates could be in 1st place when we see them!

I can't think of a better baseball game than the one I saw last night. I about pissed myself when I saw Kearns hit that HR. Happy to see all of the Yankees fans go home sad.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

Baseball Teams as Ice Cream Flavors. I can't say I've ever tried coconut ice cream, but it sounds pretty good.

Houston Astros : Rum Raisin

People like this flavor? What is it - alcohol and raisins and Vanilla? How is that a good combination? And why is Ed Wade still running a team?s payroll?

That had me cracking up for a while. Some of them were pretty good, and it seemed pretty on tact for me.

San Francisco Giants : Mint Chocolate Chip

Okay, I don?t get Mint Chocolate Chip. It?s very popular, but why? Mint shouldn?t be the lead in any food creation - it?s a strong-spiced leaf. Would you want Oregano ice cream? Maybe Parsley ice cream? No. No you wouldn?t. Anyway, again, Mint Chocolate Chip is very popular, and it?s a little left of center. Plus traditionally it?s green (see what I did there)? I think this is a perfect fit.

This can be taken in so many ways.....

:mojoto:

The Cubs are just....just...

It needs to come down. Save a handful of the youth, otherwise just abandon ship. This is awful.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Over/under. 50%

The World Series will be played entirely in the Northeast.

I say over, hard to predict anyone beating the Phillies in the NL or Red Sox/Yankees in the AL.

Way to go out on a limb there buddy. Obviously it's going to be Yankees/Red Sox-Phillies. Usually we can't really tell who will be playing in the World Series in July, but here I think it's pretty clear.

Homeplate ump blows the call to end Jays - Red Sox game... it happens.

notout-1.gif

This kind of crap is ruining baseball. Expanded instant replay or a challenge flag would have been a godsend there.

Sweet gif.

I think every scoring play should be reviewed if it's in question, and the managers should have challenge flags for anything else.

Archived