J.C. Penney launches new logo

GottaDeal

Like the incorporation of "jcp" into the full logo...updated but not overdone. I like it.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Don't like the all lowercase. Font is similar but updated, box is kind of random.

I don't hate it, but I don't like it either. Kinda pointless, if you ask me.

Disagree. The website is "jcp.com", so it makes sense for a place that relies so much on website/catalog oders to put the box around those letters.

Probably not necessary, but definitely not pointless.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The off-centered jcp is bothering me, it would've been better centered.

By centering it in the box, it separates the "jcp" from "enney". Bleeding the initials off the side of the box connects all the letters to continue the full thought of "jcpenney" even though the "jcp" is standing out.

These are the subtleties that improve an otherwise obvious solution.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

The off-centered jcp is bothering me, it would've been better centered.

By centering it in the box, it separates the "jcp" from "enney". Bleeding the initials off the side of the box connects all the letters to continue the full thought of "jcpenney" even though the "jcp" is standing out.

These are the subtleties that improve an otherwise obvious solution.

That's a good point, I was just thinking that if they were to use the boxed jcp as a secondary logo it would look better if they centered the jcp.

Tf9TG.jpg

And here I thought the place was going out of business.

Heh, I like it. It's nothing substantially different from what they had, but if "jcp" is going to be such a big part of their marketing, it does make sense to encase the "jcp" in a box so the viewer's eye is immediately drawn to that--only to then see the rest of the name, "penney". And like others have said, I do like bleeding the edge of the "p" out of the box...clever use of positive/negative space. And upon closer look, looks liek whoever did this kept the "rule of thirds" in mind...if one were to split that box into thirds horizontally, the top edge of the j's dot would align with the bottom edge of the top third. (Also looks like the vertical bar of the "p" would probably align with the edge of the right third if that box was cut into thirds vertically.) Very nice.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Considering most people stopped calling the place Penney's in the 90's, the move to a "jcp" focused logo is an okay move. It's not an over the top redesign, just a slight modernized update to their logo.

Uh, they did? What do they call it then? It's always been Penney's in my experience.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived