New NCAA Tournament Graphics

dbackdiehard17

I'm surprised no one's started this topic, unless I flat out missed it.

What do you guys think of the new graphics for the NCAA Tournament? And new updated music while we're at it?

I like it, but I don't know if I love it. Then again, I don't have TRUTV in HD. (found a good look of it on MMOD)

TourneyGraphics.jpg?t=1300235900

Is anyone even watching First Four?

Answer away!

High Quality Entertainment for the masses.

DiamondbacksSig.pngsuperbowlxliii-1.png

Graphics look fine. Floor does not. Another year where every floor looks like every other, as if there is no difference between arenas.

The only exception I saw was the logo of the host institution (Dayton in this instance) is out of bounds in the corner instead of along the benches. They should at least colorize each floor depending on the host or (I wish) to go back to the regular floors.

I love the new graphics and the tweaking on the music, also the opening video was awesome.

Really thought Turner joining up with CBS would be terrible... the only thing that is terrible is Sir Charles and Kenny Smith.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Are thes graphics only going to be used on Tru Tv or are they going to be on every channel that plays the tourny games?

Same graphics on every channel:

Studio and game graphics, as well as camera angles, will be the same no matter the network.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/03/11/2718423/fans-can-now-see-every-ncaa-tournament.html#ixzz1GnpzhSqb

First of all, the music is better than the most recent cut that was much more of a remix than the original posted here. It is interesting that this new cut (like ESPN's updated college football theme) is a lot 'smoother.'

As for the graphics, I absolutely love them. I have grown tired of the basic CBS Sports graphics package that debuted during the 2006 NFL season, so this is a very nice refresh. I do have some concern that some of the full screens look a lot like ESPN, but it isn't overt.

The open was great, the best one since the basketball laser shooting a beam inside the arena in the late 90's.

Overall, like the OP, I expected the Turner/CBS joint production to be horrible, but everything went better than expected.

dolphins2.png

First of all, the music is better than the most recent cut that was much more of a remix than the original posted here. It is interesting that this new cut (like ESPN's updated college football theme) is a lot 'smoother.'

As for the graphics, I absolutely love them. I have grown tired of the basic CBS Sports graphics package that debuted during the 2006 NFL season, so this is a very nice refresh. I do have some concern that some of the full screens look a lot like ESPN, but it isn't overt.

The open was great, the best one since the basketball laser shooting a beam inside the arena in the late 90's.

Overall, like the OP, I expected the Turner/CBS joint production to be horrible, but everything went better than expected.

Overall I'm really liking this whole change in the televising of the tournament. Obviously they have gotten rid of the frustration of CBS turning off your school's game in the middle of play, but they also have a lot more analysis it seems, and the motion graphics and intro are great. Like I said, though, I really hope they go back to the original music, who cares if it's from the early 90's.

Tf9TG.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb2DEEUupx8

Yeah I love that intro from the late 90s

I can see the need for balance if you're gonna put the channel logo in the middle.

I'd rather see the channel logo to one side, the region/round info removed and more space devoted to the most important into -- the score.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

Archived