St. Patrick's Day jerseys

Luigi

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In fact I like that idea for NBA. The regular season lasts 82 games so it's kind of boring seeing teams using 2 (ok, nowadays rather 3) sets of uniforms. They have to sell the merchandize somehow and I prefer this to the approach of association football teams that release 2 or 3 new kits every season (especially if you keep in mind that they play only 34-38 games in their leagues).

What's amazing to me is how leagues fail to capitalize on how popular a color green really is. I think of baseball, and really 1 team sports green full-time. You want to stretch and say the Marlins / Padres use green or teal, fine, but really one team uses it. And it's more of a darker hunter / forest green.

Green could be the new black if people had the will to run with it. The color is always used in a fun sense on St. Pat's, but people eat it up. That Hawks jersey is friggin' sweet. It's also one of the most recognizable colors in sports. Probably even people who barely know what the NBA is can tell you that the green and white team is the Celtics...

Amazing to me how hockey has so little of it as well. Also fascinating that no one in the NHL is doing the simple (and classy) green-and-white monochrome. It's like there came a point in time in which blue and red were deemed "normal" and "safe," black was seen as "dangerous and street," and colors like green, yellow and purple etc. made you "weird" or "clown-like" or "looking like an expansion team." If someone could document this, I'd appreciate it...

To me, the Red Sox should use a green alt full-time because of the Irish community. It would make a ton of sense and would sell amazingly well. I'm a Yankee fan, so I can't tell you if this would cause an uprising, but a green alt. could certainly replace that navy smock. That's nothing to write home about.

and of course, tonight, people will marvel at how nice the Devils look in the original green-and-reds. Again, such a nice color combo, and in a state that has a great Italian population, why not run with it full-time? Their jerseys are classy, but there's tons of red/ white/ black going on in the league. I think we can do with one less team in that color pattern. Let Ottawa, Carolina, Chicago run with that....

Snap-backs are in again, thanks to bros.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

It's a shame that the Blackhawks did not wear their St-Patty's special uniforms for last night's game.

Well, at least the ice girls had the spirit.

8bce8b7ec8ba481de533baef357cdb7f-getty-102998853jd023_san_jose_sha.jpg

The Blackhawks don't have St. Patrick's Day uniforms, and I don't think they were ever even made as fashion jerseys (except maybe in the Starter years). Many people wear them around Chicago, but they are all fakes.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

It's a shame that the Blackhawks did not wear their St-Patty's special uniforms for last night's game.

The Blackhawks don't have St. Patrick's Day uniforms, and I don't think they were ever even made as fashion jerseys (except maybe in the Starter years). Many people wear them around Chicago, but they are all fakes.

I saw one yesterday that looked like it was real. I didn't get a great look at it so it might have still been fake, but it didn't have the wrong color crest and skinny shoulder patches that most of the fakes did.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I saw one yesterday that looked like it was real. I didn't get a great look at it so it might have still been fake, but it didn't have the wrong color crest and skinny shoulder patches that most of the fakes did.

Actually you can go to just about any sports store in the chicagoland area and buy a green blackhawks jerseys. They are not fake either. They are a fashion jersey

Actually you can go to just about any sports store in the chicagoland area and buy a green blackhawks jerseys. They are not fake either. They are a fashion jersey

I stand corrected about the replicas. Every green Hawks jersey I ever saw was a fake. Then again, seemingly 9/10 Hawks jerseys I see are fakes in general, so I guess it isn't surprising. I still believe that the Hawks have never worn green, though.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I'm a Celtics fan and I love the look of the gold-trimmed C's jerseys -- as long as they keep to using it just a couple times a year. Even the fact that they now where them for the entire week of St. Patrick's Day is a stretch. But either way, it's miles better than the jerseys with the awful black numbers and triangle things on the shorts.

I think the green jerseys that the Red Sox and Phillies donned, though, are atrocious. Partially because of the ugly batting practice template, and partially because I find THAT shade of green really ugly.

Now these were good green Red Sox jerseys...

green.jpg

81415687.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA5480450CEDC6E1046533EC1C39B7BD3051F3E6FA5F0EA6A8404

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

and of course, tonight, people will marvel at how nice the Devils look in the original green-and-reds. Again, such a nice color combo, and in a state that has a great Italian population, why not run with it full-time? Their jerseys are classy, but there's tons of red/ white/ black going on in the league. I think we can do with one less team in that color pattern. Let Ottawa, Carolina, Chicago run with that....

Couldn't agree more though the striping pattern of the original green and reds looks really dated. What I'd like to see is the all black being replaced by green on the current jerseys... and the shoulder yolk outlined in white on the Homes.

I'm a Celtics fan and I love the look of the gold-trimmed C's jerseys -- as long as they keep to using it just a couple times a year. Even the fact that they now where them for the entire week of St. Patrick's Day is a stretch. But either way, it's miles better than the jerseys with the awful black numbers and triangle things on the shorts.

I think the green jerseys that the Red Sox and Phillies donned, though, are atrocious. Partially because of the ugly batting practice template, and partially because I find THAT shade of green really ugly.

Now these were good green Red Sox jerseys...

green.jpg

81415687.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA5480450CEDC6E1046533EC1C39B7BD3051F3E6FA5F0EA6A8404

Actually those are the Red Sox jeresys from '07. You can tell because the last photo is from a real game in April of '07 against the Yanks this was the game where a-rod hit the HR that knocked coco crisp over the bullpen wall. I believe this was the only time the Red Sox have worn these jerseys for a real game. I actually really like that look on the sox.

Here's this years (atrocious) take on it

610x.jpg

I wish some team would pick up the red-green-white color scheme full time, it can really work well. I was hoping the Nats would try it, but no luck....

Anubis.png

Archived