St. Patrick's Day jerseys

Luigi

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the green of Fenway truly makes it an unofficial color of the Red Sox. I agree about other posters' feelings on the current jerseys. The 2003-2007 model was nice, but the new ones are pretty darn ugly. They did wear green jerseys in 2008 to celebrate the Celtics' NBA title (a loss to St. Louis), and they wore white and green jerseys in 2009 for Earth Day. What pisses me off, though, is New Era actually produced an authentic green Sox cap a few years ago, but they wear one with the NE flag on the side and no MLB silohouette on the back. Oh well!

I'm a Celtics fan and I love the look of the gold-trimmed C's jerseys -- as long as they keep to using it just a couple times a year. Even the fact that they now where them for the entire week of St. Patrick's Day is a stretch. But either way, it's miles better than the jerseys with the awful black numbers and triangle things on the shorts.

I think the green jerseys that the Red Sox and Phillies donned, though, are atrocious. Partially because of the ugly batting practice template, and partially because I find THAT shade of green really ugly.

Now these were good green Red Sox jerseys...

green.jpg

81415687.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA5480450CEDC6E1046533EC1C39B7BD3051F3E6FA5F0EA6A8404

These worked because the Red Sox kept the RED and replaced the navy with green. It was a consistent look all the way around. The only thing bad about these is the incorrect lettering on the front...the fat replica lettering was used instead of the true thinner lettering.

Since then, the jerseys have replaced the RED with green, and it looks wrong, because the Red Sox should always have some red in their uniforms, especially since the socks are hidden by the long pants.

As far as Lights Out's comment about the Red Sox giving up navy because it's the Yankees color, well, that's just dumb. The Yankees don't own any color. They wear the pinstripes, and that should be enough to differentiate the teams from a distance.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I don't know if the Devils broke out their "X-Mas" throwbacks because of St. Patrick's Day, but I figured that I'd post these anyways:

88477e75348044cd0d43ee499e6d38ac-getty-102832409bb021_washington_c.jpg

01a7a720c41e5526b612109e73b44e18-getty-102832409bb019_washington_c.jpg

If there's ever a throwback/retro jersey set that needs to simply return (with only minor changes), this is one of them.

I actually agree to some extent ? I also hate it when the Red Sox go too navy. The away uniforms with all-navy letters/numbers are terrible. Don't care if they're traditional, we won two World Series with red letters/numbers. And the away alternate is just straight up hideous (not to mention kinda Yankees). Navy caps and trim I'm fine with, but navy uniforms? No thanks.

I'm with slapshot re: the green uniforms. A Red Sox uniform with no trace of red just doesn't seem right. BTW, I know they wore the green uniforms in regular season in 2007, but they wore the same model (I think?) for every St. Paddy's Day game dating back before that ? hence the pic of Nomar wearing one when he was traded in 04.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Except for the fact that the black is better than the green.

Actually, in the Devils' case, it's a wash.

I'm not sure which I prefer. The striping pattern and colour scheme of the red and green both looks good and is unique. The red and black look, while shared by three other teams, is associated with the organization's best years. Plus I love the number font they use with the red and black look. Either way, the Devils look great.

I'm not sure which I prefer. The striping pattern and colour scheme of the red and green look both looks good and is unique. The red and black look, while shared by three other teams, is associated with the organization's best years. Plus I love the number font they use with the red and black look. Either way, the Devils look great.

Agreed. With just about any other team, this wouldn't be the case, but with the Devils it is. The current uniforms win though, because the red helmets on the throwback are awful.

7U2Y0021-31_slide.jpg

Oh sweet baby jesus, expect dark green to be added to their color palette next year, then a powder green jersey with white version will become their standard uniform.

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

7U2Y0021-31_slide.jpg

I guess I'll be the mean one...

If you're going to play in front of minor league crowds might as well look like a minor league team

that was uncalled for. We dont have 'minor league crowds'. ITs a pretty good crowd usually, just not like it is in stronger markets.... and its not about the jerseys, its about the money raised for charity

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

I'm with slapshot re: the green uniforms. A Red Sox uniform with no trace of red just doesn't seem right. BTW, I know they wore the green uniforms in regular season in 2007, but they wore the same model (I think?) for every St. Paddy's Day game dating back before that ? hence the pic of Nomar wearing one when he was traded in 04.

They wore them against the Yankees on Friday April 20, 2007. I was there. Sox beat the Yankees 7-6.

patriotssignature.png

I have to say, the Red Sox look damn good in green, especially with the red undershirts and socks. It's a whole lot more unique than the navy they use, but it still looks classy, it ties into the Green Monster and into their Irish community. I have to say, if they made the switch, it would definitely make them harder to hate.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I'm not sure which I prefer. The striping pattern and colour scheme of the red and green look both looks good and is unique. The red and black look, while shared by three other teams, is associated with the organization's best years. Plus I love the number font they use with the red and black look. Either way, the Devils look great.

Not quite a wash. The Devils current jerseys look great. But the Red and Green Throwbacks look absolutely spectacular! I don't know if the materials have changed or if its just HD TV but I don't ever remember those jerseys looking as good as they did last night. Switch back to those the Devils have arguable one of the best looks in the league! Cup history or not.

They wore them against the Yankees on Friday April 20, 2007. I was there. Sox beat the Yankees 7-6.

If any team should be wearing green on April 20th, its the Giants

and its a mandatory Tim Lincecum start :mojoto:

that was uncalled for. We dont have 'minor league crowds'. ITs a pretty good crowd usually, just not like it is in stronger markets.... and its not about the jerseys, its about the money raised for charity

So these are the new jerseys right?

If they're doing it to get attention, they gotta try playing better.

bufg.png

Snap-backs are in again, thanks to bros.

Yeah, frat. Nothing better than a solid snapback, sperries and a frocket, straight up.

Those Thrashers jerseys are hard to look at, they might as well have worn them against the sabres tonight, speaking of hard to look at. We made the sabres look like a damn all-star team, pathetic.

Archived