St. Patrick's Day jerseys

Luigi

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7U2Y0021-31_slide.jpg

I guess I'll be the mean one...

If you're going to play in front of minor league crowds might as well look like a minor league team

that was uncalled for. We dont have 'minor league crowds'. ITs a pretty good crowd usually, just not like it is in stronger markets.... and its not about the jerseys, its about the money raised for charity

Thrashers_Philips_Arena.jpg

7U2Y0021-31_slide.jpg

If you're going to play in front of minor league crowds might as well look like a minor league team

that was uncalled for. We dont have 'minor league crowds'. ITs a pretty good crowd usually, just not like it is in stronger markets.... and its not about the jerseys, its about the money raised for charity

For those who can't read the "Puck Warning" on the Jumbotron, it says:

"The puck may leave the playing area during the game, and may enter a section of the stands that actually has fans. If you're the only person within 3 sections, you're pretty much safe because our players don't have that good aim. Keep your head up anyway, though."
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

7U2Y0021-31_slide.jpg

You should report his post.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

7U2Y0021-31_slide.jpg

i do believe that is during warmups my friend...nice try..

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

We should really spin off Thrasher-bashing into a separate thread and keep this focused on silly Irish stuff. I want to do it, just not here.

I suggest the title "what the hell is Blueland?"

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

This one's from during a game:

thrashers.jpg

Look at all those faithful Thrashers fans!

lol nice try, it says 1st period, we all know Thrasher fans wait till midway through the second period to arrive. With the Thrashers, I don't think it matters that it's hockey they play, they have been bad for so long. The (Atlanta)Hawks struggle when they have a bad team as well.

ok wow, see i didnt even say a single flame remark and yet everyone jumps down my throat.. thats class. <_< .

and seriously, why do u jack as$es want to 'thrasher bash'? I really dont feel its right for mods to allow crap like that.

This one's from during a game:

thrashers.jpg

Look at all those faithful Thrashers fans!

lol nice try, it says 1st period, we all know Thrasher fans wait till midway through the second period to arrive. With the Thrashers, I don't think it matters that it's hockey they play, they have been bad for so long. The (Atlanta)Hawks struggle when they have a bad team as well.

Wow, you people just dont get it do you? Most people down here dont shell out all that money for a middle of the week game. Why dont you people ever talk about something else like the struggle of the panthers and coyotes? Islanders? They are far worse off than us. Our problem is simply the owners (and Don Waddell). Once we get new owners and a President with a brain, we will be ok.

Braves.jpg

7U2Y0021-31_slide.jpg

*shrugs*

Well I guess I'll take this one. Auctioning off holiday-themed jerseys for charity is also classic minor league team behavior.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

7U2Y0021-31_slide.jpg

*shrugs*

Well I guess I'll take this one. Auctioning off holiday-themed jerseys for charity is also classic minor league team behavior.

dude, we werent the only team that did this......stop making crap up. And it doesnt matter who does it, the fact that its done to help charity is awesome.

Braves.jpg

ok wow, see i didnt even say a single flame remark and yet everyone jumps down my throat.. thats class. <_< .

and seriously, why do u jack as$es want to 'thrasher bash'? I really dont feel its right for mods to allow crap like that.

Nobody's accusing you of flaming, but when you try to pretend that the Thrashers actually have a substantial fanbase, you're going to get called on your willful ignorance.

Why dont you people ever talk about something else like the struggle of the panthers and coyotes? Islanders? They are far worse off than us.

We have a whole thread going about the Coyotes possibly moving back to Winnipeg. We've had another whole thread in which the Panthers were unanimously declared the most irrelevant team in sports. And I've read plenty of criticism about how Charles Wang is running the Islanders into the ground on here. So no, we don't only talk about the Thrashers.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Plus the Panthers are ahead of the Thrashers in the attendance race. Granted, they're selling blocks of tickets with vacation packages to fans from northern teams at dirt cheap rates, but they get people in the building. Sometimes.

Hi! I'm a thread about jerseys. I'd appreciate it if y'all didn't come into my house and start throwing your toys all around. Do I do that in your house? Seriously.

[For those not in tune with my terrible sense of humor, this means get back on topic and stop the team bashing. Thanks.]

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Celtics in their gold trimmed jerseys. I didn't notice it was color vs. color. Looks great with those Indy golds.

ap-4029e954574d4ef79beb7422beb2ce85.jpg

These should be the Celtics' full time alternates.

Also, I find the concept of St. Patrick's Day uniforms in the NBA off putting. The Celtics already have the Irish pride identity, year round. When other teams dress up in green on St. Patrick's Day it comes off as infringing on the Celtics' identity. To me anyway. Your mileage may very.

7U2Y0021-31_slide.jpg

The Bulls do actually wear a green jersey during games, even though there is no green whatsoever in the color scheme. How is that any better? Because it doesn't have a St. Patrick's Day clover on it?

Manchester-City-icon.png

Celtics in their gold trimmed jerseys. I didn't notice it was color vs. color. Looks great with those Indy golds.

ap-4029e954574d4ef79beb7422beb2ce85.jpg

These should be the Celtics' full time alternates.

Also, I find the concept of St. Patrick's Day uniforms in the NBA off putting. The Celtics already have the Irish pride identity, year round. When other teams dress up in green on St. Patrick's Day it comes off as infringing on the Celtics' identity. To me anyway. Your mileage may very.

It would be even better if they put the Boston script on the road and this script on the St. Patty's:nzluyptlwczf3ks24chjx3fnr.gif

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Archived