Old logos that are better than their current

JohnnySeoul

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nfl_logos.png

There we go!

Wait... did you X out the ones that ARE better than the currents or not better?

NOT better. Well, I don't like the current Browns logo either. I prefer Brownie the Elf, but that wasn't one of his original picks for me to edit.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

NFLRetro.jpg

Nice...the NFL circa 1988-1992. I love all of those logos, but not sure if a couple of them are technically "better" than current logos. I'd probably put the old Ditka bear up there instead of Chicago's C.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Why did the Penguins go back to their old logo? As someone who has never followed NHL and doesn't have any emotional ties to the old logo, I think that the 90's logo was a hundred times better and bolder.

Two reasons - first, because Penguin merchandise sales dropped in comparison to the rest of the NHL shortly after the new design was unveiled, but more impactful was the fact that Mario Lemeiux himself disliked the design, and when he took over the team he opted to return to the old design.

I see.

671.gif > c0whfsa9j0vbs079opk2s05lx.gif

The one with the team name on it IS a primary logo. The other is just a secondary/shoulder/arm patch.

1638.gif > husspcg6yw1e0we4wm7yyq754.gif

This one really gets to me because it's my fave OHL team. The previous one was dynamic and aggressive. It looked like a Knight's head. The new one looks like an empty helmet. Although they are both superior to Spiderman, I was very upset about this change.

sig.png

1638.gif > husspcg6yw1e0we4wm7yyq754.gif

This one really gets to me because it's my fave OHL team. The previous one was dynamic and aggressive. It looked like a Knight's head. The new one looks like an empty helmet. Although they are both superior to Spiderman, I was very upset about this change.

You got this one right. It looks like London went Retro For Retro Sake. The Pittsburgh Penguins went the same route. Just because something is old and familiar, doesn't mean it's better....

tigercatssignature-1.png

Alright, I'll bite.

NFL, first.

30cb4f54ns3sg4ufjgwlqthkj.gif > 318.gif

(So what it was a copyright issue, it was STILL better)

377.gif > 403.gif

hinooehlb07wrotq26b2pvpey.gif > 8e1jhgblydtow4m3okwzxh67k.gif

581.gif > 1053.gif

There are alot of current logos in the NFL I like better than the older ones. The rest are just updated versions of the original, so to me, they're the same damn logo.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

2m7tz2iv8wjusqs6ob11nznri.gif>>> khmovcnezy06c3nm05ccn0oj2.gif

Ummm...this one shouldn't count. The team moved and changed name/logo/colors. They left the Sonics in Seattle. This would be like comparing the Browns to the Ravens (kinda).

I know, but that logo is just so damn ugly, I felt the need to put it up anyway.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Archived