2011 NHL Playoffs

NEW.ERA

From another friend downtown

Jared Swant: RIOTING is crazy BMO is gettin looted AND Blenz coffee is on fire jesuz christ tear gas shooting over my head while cop cars are on fire my gawd this is awsome but embarassing at the same time

English teacher's worst nightmare.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't get this. Vancouver is by all accounts an otherwise progressive, cosmopolitan, well-off, all-around cool city. Why do they lose their crap and turn into trogs over hockey? It is tragic.

Apparently, it's mainly kids under 20 that started this. A couple of guys on the radio just tweeted about how a pack of kids just ravaged and set fire to a VPD cruiser.

Two of my daughters' friends went downtown tonight, as well as a handful of coworkers. This isn't fun for anybody. They've closed the bridges in and out of downtown, as well as cancelled inbound transit. Fifty police from Abbotsford were called in to assist. All over a :censored:ing hockey game.

In all honesty, I'm quite ashamed at my town right now.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Didn't that get replaced by the Emergencies Act?

Yup!

I don't think it will reach that point. I don't think was used in 1994 or the G20 last year in Toronto.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Didn't that get replaced by the Emergencies Act?

So it has. Eh, same basic thing, really.

Last time the government invoked the War Measures Act it was to stop French Canadien terrorists who were planting mailbox bombs and killing government officials. If the Emergency Act is called to quash a riot over a G-ddman hockey game then it'll be a sad, sad day.

However they get this situation under control I want to see mass arrests. This simply isn't acceptable.

Coming from the guy who now has Dirk Nowitzki as his avatar after he won a championship, I'll consider that a compliment.

God forbid I celebrate a little bit when one of my favorite non-Clipper basketball players finally wins a title. It's not like I'm calling myself a Mavericks fan.

And God forbid you actually know anything about the fans and the city of Boston.

And God forbid you're able to take a joke.

It went beyond a "joke" after the ninth time you preached it.

In any regard, I feel pretty blessed to have seen each of my four sports franchises win their respective championships. This is on par with the Red Sox in 2004 and I'm really happy I got to see it. I was heavily contemplating going into the city tonight to watch and enjoy the after game festivities (if the Bruins had won, which they obviously did) but watching any championship with your family is better.

I decided against venturing into the city and stayed close to my apartment (Davis Square, if you're familiar) and it was beyond ridiculous. Near insanity, most of the police in the area rather watched and seemed to be enjoying the jubilance. I can only imagine how it was closer to the Garden. Regardless, great to see Daniel eat his words. Honestly never thought I'd be able to celebrate a Cup win in this city, but I'd venture to say it's more vindicating than the Sox in '04. I know that's almost sacrilegious but it is what it is.

Wow that's gotten insanely out of hand. It was funny a bit ago, but now it's getting scary. Really sad day for Vancouver, in terms of the riots.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Just heard from my friend saying that he witnessed a bruins fan literally getting thrown off the overpass that leads to the section 300 level of rogers arena. Lee will know what I'm talking about. A solid 50+ foot drop.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

Just heard from my friend saying that he witnessed a bruins fan literally getting thrown off the overpass that leads to the section 300 level of rogers arena. Lee will know what I'm talking about. A solid 50+ foot drop.

Vancouver has a lot of scumbags.

:censored: that. I seriously hope that's not true.

6uXNWAo.png

I guess some little kid is in the hospital. At least that's what I've heard from Vancouver friends on Facebook.

Mayor called it "Downright despicable and disgraceful"

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

The Hudson's Bay building is now on fire. They're looting everywhere.

Reports are that it's worse than 94.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived