2011 NHL Playoffs

NEW.ERA

Hard to believe its been 18 years since a Canadian team last won the Cup. Between 1984 and 1993 Canadian teams won 8 of 10 Cups. Now its been almost two decades!!!

Another interesting note: The Maple Laughs are the only Original Six team not to win a Cup in the last twenty years.

Play for The Cup, maybe?

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard to believe its been 18 years since a Canadian team last won the Cup. Between 1984 and 1993 Canadian teams won 8 of 10 Cups. Now its been almost two decades!!!

Another interesting note: The Maple Laughs are the only Original Six team not to win a Cup in the last twenty years.

Play for The Cup, maybe?

That is correct. The Leafs are the only original six team not to win, let alone play for the cup, in the last 20 years.

I saw, I came, I left.

Any push to put Marc Savard's name on the cup?

I'm a big Savard fan, and I've been wondering this since the Bruins made the finals. He has been the club's leading scorer for the past three seasons, and is out due to a severe injury. it will be a big slap in the face if Boston doesn't apply for an exemption for him to get his name on it, considering how much he has contributed to the team in the past four seasons. It was good to see him at the Finals game in Boston, it would have been great if he could have made the flight to Vancouver.

What would he have given to have been on the ice last night...

Any push to put Marc Savard's name on the cup?

I'm a big Savard fan, and I've been wondering this since the Bruins made the finals. He has been the club's leading scorer for the past three seasons, and is out due to a severe injury. it will be a big slap in the face if Boston doesn't apply for an exemption for him to get his name on it, considering how much he has contributed to the team in the past four seasons. It was good to see him at the Finals game in Boston, it would have been great if he could have made the flight to Vancouver.

What would he have given to have been on the ice last night...

Matt Cooke's brain?

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'm so disgusted by the riots. I honestly felt that after the Olympics, the city was able to handle this kind of crowd, but it seems like the Vancouver Police can only handle a large event with thousands of extra personal brought in from the rest of the country as there were for the 2010 games.

I felt sick when I looked across the water from False Creek and saw the smoke coming out of downtown. If it wasn't bad enough watching my team choke away 2-0 and 3-2 game leads in the SCF, then my city doesn't have its act together enough in order to control these idiots in the crowds.

I wish there had been cops out with water cannons to keep these :censored:s in line.

Play for The Cup, maybe?

That is correct. The Leafs are the only original six team not to win, let alone play for the cup, in the last 20 years Since expansion in 1967.

FYP

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Play for The Cup, maybe?

That is correct. The Leafs are the only original six team not to win, let alone play for the cup, in the last 20 years Since expansion in 1967.

FYP

I was referring to the past 20 years that GMW79 pointed out.

I saw, I came, I left.

I'm so disgusted by the riots. I honestly felt that after the Olympics, the city was able to handle this kind of crowd, but it seems like the Vancouver Police can only handle a large event with thousands of extra personal brought in from the rest of the country as there were for the 2010 games.

I felt sick when I looked across the water from False Creek and saw the smoke coming out of downtown. If it wasn't bad enough watching my team choke away 2-0 and 3-2 game leads in the SCF, then my city doesn't have its act together enough in order to control these idiots in the crowds.

I wish there had been cops out with water cannons to keep these :censored:s in line.

Talk about it here

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

Peverley, i feel, is a true embodiment of what hard work and determination can get you. He was not drafted and didnt let that discourage him. Worked his butt off in the ECHL up to the AHL Milwaukee Admirals. After some good play there, the Preds officially signed him after which ATL picked him up off of waivers. Played 2 or 3 seasons here. Traded to Boston. Wins the Stanley Cup. Wow.

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

254874_10150287302085412_669570411_9461799_4032435_n.jpg
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Well Seguin didn't have exactly the greatest regular season, but had a pretty good playoffs when he played. So yeah it's not looking that great.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

at first i said it was another black eye in the history of this city but really, it's the biggest :censored: stain in this city's history.

Anyway, This was my Facebook status from yesterday

A great playoff run has been tainted today. So dissapointing. We finally beat the hawks, finally make past the second round hump, beat the next best team in the west, make it to the finals, take it to 7 games. We lost in the end but it was one helluva ride, all that was ruined by a bunch of drunk idiots trying to look cool. I hope they all get arrested for what they caused.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

And now the Patriot's own Boston's longest championship drought, at six years!!! Time to fire Belichick, LOL.

Yup, multiple whines on the WEEI whiner line on that topic:

"Hey Belichick, what have you done for me lately?!"

"Brady, pick up the slack, ya bum"

etc.

sig-1.png

And now the Patriot's own Boston's longest championship drought, at six years!!! Time to fire Belichick, LOL.

Yup, multiple whines on the WEEI whiner line on that topic:

"Hey Belichick, what have you done for me lately?!"

"Brady, pick up the slack, ya bum"

etc.

Before the inevitable "spoiled brats" comment, the whiner line is a satirical portion of a radio show. :P

Anyway, I am still on cloud nine. Last night was just surreal and when Marchand scored the empty netter to cement it, that distinct euphoria kicked in, that transcendent feeling you can usually just hope to have as a fan of any team. They did it, they really did it. Claude Julien, Chara, and that whole team fought through their shortcomings and mistakes every single time it mattered.

The Boston Bruins are Stanley Cup Champions. How awesome does that sound?

Parade is Saturday.

...on my 18th birthday. Can life get any better?

Are you going? That would be one hell of a birthday.

I'm still in shock about the whole victory, as it reminds me of the 2001 Patriots who nobody picked and they made an incredible run to the championship and managed to out-gut and out-play a more talented team to take the title.

Archived