Too Old to Wear a Jersey?

hjwii

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

while wearing jerseys is usually for the low class and people with bad taste, it doesn't mean they should be physically attacked.

Wow, you should apply for the soon to be open position at that newspaper... so you can then be fired from it. Low class? Like rich people don't wear jerseys too?

while wearing jerseys is usually for the low class and people with bad taste, it doesn't mean they should be physically attacked.

^ Now that's def a nominee for @sshole of the Year Comment. Exactly who do you think you are and why do you think you are "above" other people?

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

^ Now that's def a nominee for @sshole of the Year Comment. Exactly who do you think you are and why do you think you are "above" other people?

Joker_popcorn.gif

This thread has taken a turn for the interesting!

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

And yes, I wear my team's colors regardless of if I'm sitting in the other team's section. Usually the fans there will give you crap but they do it in good fun.

Someone's never been to Columbus...

Actually I have, but I'm a Buckeye fan! LOL!

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I tend to avoid wearing my dress suit. Too many rowdy fans who might spill beer and nachos on me!

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Odd post for a CCSLCer.

I'd guess that he has TONS of jerseys.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Wow, you should apply for the soon to be open position at that newspaper... so you can then be fired from it. Low class? Like rich people don't wear jerseys too?

rich people can have bad taste. i just think they're tacky. however, i don't think people who wear jerseys should be beaten like the guy at dodger stadium.

it's just my opinion. multiple opinions have been posted in this thread.

I skipped this thread for a while thinking it was the same ol' argument we've had dozens of times here. But when discussing this article, I don't even want to answer the question. As someone pointed out, whenever a woman gets raped, this author is probably one of those guys saying "well what was she doing wearing that?" when the real question should be "what is he doing raping her?"

The question isn't "what was he doing wearing a jersey?" It's "what are they doing beating the guy up."

I know a lot of people here think adults should not wear jerseys, even to games. And that's fine and we'll have that discussion. But no reasonable person should pose the question in the context of this poor guy that got beaten up. The author is a :censored:ing clown.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

At a game, I'd be fine with a jersey. As far as wearing it in public, not as much. I don't think it's a big deal though in the grand scheme of things.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

Wearing a jersey is part of the tribal aspect of sport.

Everyone wants to belong to something, and sports offers that to everyone.

That seems to elude the writer of this very poorly produced article.

Wearing the team colours, be it a replica jersey, hoodie, cap or whatever identifies one as being part of the team.

And the team is NOT the players who take the field. What crap that is.

A team is the players, the management, the fans in the outer, the fans who can't get to games, but get merchandise at birthdays and Christmas because everyone knows what a fan they are. The club is the equipment guy, the ball boy, the stranger you meet who you can have a 20 minute conversation with about the teams prospects for the coming season.

The ones with the least loyalty to a team are often the players, who will leave for an extra 1% on their contract.

How does one become a writer with such an obviously poor understanding of what they are covering?

That said, I'm 44. I haven't worn a team jersey to a game for at least 15 years.

But if I wanted to (which I don't) I wouldn't expect to get put into hospital for it.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

I could see where some sports jerseys would look pretty ridiculous on a massively overweight elderly person.

105122081_crop_340x234.jpg

HEY LISTEN UP, LIMPDICK. IT'S EITHER THIS OR A F***IN' MUUMUU, AND F***IN' I'LL BE DAMNED IF YOU EVER GET ME IN SOME GAY FLOWER DRESS, AWRIGHT? WHY DON'T YOU GO PUT ON YOUR GIRL JEANS AND TELL ME MORE ABOUT YOUR SENSIBLE STYLE, 'KAY? I DRESS FOR COMFORT, WHICH IS IMPORTANT IN MY GODDAMN LINE OF WORK, AS YOU KNOW. I FIND NECKTIES RESTRICTIVE. THEY CHOKE YOUR NECK, AND YOU GOTTA F***IN' DRY-CLEAN 'EM WHEN YOU GET AU JUS ON 'EM. YOU KNOW WHAT'D LOOK F***IN' RIDICULOUS? F***IN' I'LL TELL YOU WHAT WOULD LOOK RIDICULOUS, TRYING TO DRESS LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE WHEN I'M EMINENTLY A SMALL HOUSE, AND DWELLINGS ARE NOT WIDELY KNOWN TO DON DRESS CLOTHING WITHOUT EXTENSIVE TAILORING. NOW IF YOU'LL EXCUSE ME, I'M GOING TO CALL FRANCESA AS "RYAN THE FATASS IN THE ISLES SWEATER FROM HEMPSTEAD" AND DEMAND THAT THEY FIRE EVERY COACH FOR ALL NINE TEAMS, PLUS NOTRE DAME FOR F***IN' KICKS, INCLUDING MYSELF. IT'S A LITTLE PRANK I LIKE TO PLAY.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I could see where some sports jerseys would look pretty ridiculous on a massively overweight elderly person.

HEY LISTEN UP, LIMPDICK. IT'S EITHER THIS OR A F***IN' MUUMUU, AND F***IN' I'LL BE DAMNED IF YOU EVER GET ME IN SOME GAY FLOWER DRESS, AWRIGHT? WHY DON'T YOU GO PUT ON YOUR GIRL JEANS AND TELL ME MORE ABOUT YOUR SENSIBLE STYLE, 'KAY? I DRESS FOR COMFORT, WHICH IS IMPORTANT IN MY GODDAMN LINE OF WORK, AS YOU KNOW. I FIND NECKTIES RESTRICTIVE. THEY CHOKE YOUR NECK, AND YOU GOTTA F***IN' DRY-CLEAN 'EM WHEN YOU GET AU JUS ON 'EM. YOU KNOW WHAT'D LOOK F***IN' RIDICULOUS? F***IN' I'LL TELL YOU WHAT WOULD LOOK RIDICULOUS, TRYING TO DRESS LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE WHEN I'M EMINENTLY A SMALL HOUSE, AND DWELLINGS ARE NOT WIDELY KNOWN TO DON DRESS CLOTHING WITHOUT EXTENSIVE TAILORING. NOW IF YOU'LL EXCUSE ME, I'M GOING TO CALL FRANCESA AS "RYAN THE FATASS IN THE ISLES SWEATER FROM HEMPSTEAD" AND DEMAND THAT THEY FIRE EVERY COACH FOR ALL NINE TEAMS, PLUS NOTRE DAME FOR F***IN' KICKS, INCLUDING MYSELF. IT'S A LITTLE PRANK I LIKE TO PLAY.

Crap, too big to fit in a sig... :cry:

tigercatssignature-1.png

rich people can have bad taste. i just think they're tacky. however, i don't think people who wear jerseys should be beaten like the guy at dodger stadium.

it's just my opinion. multiple opinions have been posted in this thread.

So let me get this straight. Wearing the colors of your team, to THEIR game, to show support for them is tacky... Ok so what would you prefer fans do? Dress like it's a funeral?

You really need to start an "Ask Rex" thread.

Apparently this has become a big news...

Column sparks reader firestorm

As of noon Wednesday, the column on www.observer-reporter.com had received more than 145,000 hits - about eight times more than any other item in the history of our website. So many comments were posted to the column that they had to be cut off for fear of overloaded servers. Between Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday morning, more that 250 emails landed in the editor's mailbox, every single one of them eviscerating Steigerwald and criticizing the newspaper for publishing his column.

And the letter responses...

Time to outgrow the columnist

Highly offended

Would you blame rape victims, too?

Steigerwald owes family apology

tigercatssignature-1.png

Looks like he wrote a somewhat defensive follow up on his website.

Seems to me he's trying to turn this around and call the public dumb because the readers didn't assume he insinuated that the beating was bad.

I'm not a professional journalist, but aren't you supposed to assume the reader doesn't know what you are talking about? Isn't that like rule number 1?

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Archived