London St George RFC

Davidson

Hey guys,

I have been commissioned to create a logo for a rugby club in Ontario. There is a long tradition in rugby (and no doubt other sports) of having a Dragon mascot for teams from St George.

Here is my crack.

StGeorgeDragons.png

Hey guys,

I have been commissioned to create a logo for a rugby club in Ontario. There is a long tradition in rugby (and no doubt other sports) of having a Dragon mascot for teams from St George.

Here is my crack.

StGeorgeDragons.png

As always, this is ridiculously good. Nothing for me to say but WOW.

gYH2mW9.png

1) That dragon be sexy, yo.

2) I'm not liking the maple leaf in the shield. The shield should only be St. George's cross. I would find another way to integrate it.

3) Not liking the way the banner is just under the badge. I think it could be integrated more. I'm thinking along one of the wings might look quite nice.

Fantastic stuff, as usual. Loving the detail in the dragon's face ? intricate, but not too intricate ? and the beveling of the shield. After joshmings mentioned it, I agree that perhaps the banner might look better skewed to look like it's at the same angle/perspective as the shield, but I could live with it the way it is.

Another great logo from you Fraser. I have a few nitpicks though.

1) The wings and the head/tail don't really work well together. The head and tail are very sharp, almost furry and the wings are smooth and curved. I'd like to see the wings done in the same fashion as the head and tail.

2) As said earlier, integrating the banner would be beneficial. Part of doing so would be making it's perspective the same as the shield. They don't fit well with each other as they are now.

3) The maple leaf does look odd there. You've brilliantly hidden things in logos before (the Union Jack in the lion logo from a while back comes to mind) and I think a leaf could be integrated into the wings somehow. The Pearson Pennant leaves might work better for that approach. Or maybe not, I'm not sure. But it is something I think you could pull off.

Classy, classy job.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

Some slight amends here...

StGeorgeDragons2.png

Those changes help the dragon looks less "furry" and more "scaley"... (sorry for using the poor terminology)

I wish you would venture into the minimalistic side more often... I love your less-detailed stuff.

Some slight amends here...

StGeorgeDragons2.png

Only thing I can say other than amazing is that you may want to either make the eye slighlty more defined using just the black and red or add a white highlight to it. The face is kinda hard to read compared to the simplicity of the rest of the mark and at first glance it can be hard to tell what's the eye and what's the nostril.

Other than that outstanding work as always mate.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Fraser I know a lot of people said to eliminate the Maple Leaf, but since this is London, Ontario, I really think it needs to be re-incorporated. I'm not really a fan of the grey on the shield either - I just don't think it's necessary.

I agree, the maple leaf makes the logo 10x better

Woah! You think I'm Cody? My name is Carl Scott Simone and we just happen to share a birthday. BIG DEAL.

It looks great as usual. I like how the shield is tilting away from us just slightly. Im not sure the gray on the shield adds much. I liked the first version without gray better but it really doesnt matter since it's a small change. I thought the red and black shading on the edges of the sheild gave it plenty of depth w/o the gray in the first one. Excellent work.

Fraser I know a lot of people said to eliminate the Maple Leaf, but since this is London, Ontario, I really think it needs to be re-incorporated. I'm not really a fan of the grey on the shield either - I just don't think it's necessary.

I agree with the inclusion of the maple leaf. Without it, I would have no idea that this is a Canadian club.

gYH2mW9.png

Archived