Red Sox and Cubs to Wear 1918 Throwbacks This Saturday

Audiodrama

it's really too bad these teams suck... 1918 cubs threw WS, 2004 sox steroids, 2007 sox steroids

cubs suck. boston blows, especially their fans. cubs fans are puzzies

I agree on the Cubs part completely, but you are still an ass every single time you post.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
garble garble boilerplate sox fan peanut crap

If Wrigley is where people go to be seen, nobody's being seen. Cubs fans must be DEMANDING A WINNER like they do at the park where people go only to watch baseball when not tailgating or leaving their kids at the FUNdamentals deck or going to the best food court in sports history and on and on and on.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

garble garble boilerplate sox fan peanut crap

If Wrigley is where people go to be seen, nobody's being seen. Cubs fans must be DEMANDING A WINNER like they do at the park where people go only to watch baseball when not tailgating or leaving their kids at the FUNdamentals deck or going to the best food court in sports history and on and on and on.

Meh. The guy you are responding to isn't even a Sox fan.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I've seen the John Goodman movie 'The Babe' several times, so I remember those throwback uniforms they'll be wearing. The CUBS version should be quite interesting.

The RED SOX should go all out have have the throwback version of the 'Royal Rooters' there, just as in Ken Burns 'Baseball'

2349867505_81791583b8.jpg

My favorite baseball throwback still remains the 1906 Chisox uniforms that they wore in 2006. Superb!!

j41nk8zxe9c0gs2lghmcrr044.gif

it's really too bad these teams suck... 1918 cubs threw WS, 2004 sox steroids, 2007 sox steroids

Your comments are always oozing with ignorance. I think you just hate the world. And if anything, Cubs fans have one of the largest fanbases out there, even if they do choke on the field. I don't see why with every story about the Cubs there always has to be an ignorant super-fan to bash on their fans. Show some class, kid.

I think if you go to Wrigley and ask someone what the score is, or who is pitching, and they'll give you this look like "what?" Wrigley is simply Illinois' largest restaurant. Any White Sox fan would agree, people go to the Cell to watch baseball. People go to Wrigley to be seen, or party, or twitter on their phone. Definitely not about the game as much as it is on the south side.

I don't hate the world, just the Cubs. And Boston. Sorry... wrong thread for me?

Have you been to Boston?

I don't think they will wear the home version. I can see a fauxback hybrid of the two- white with red sox font and red pinstripes. Reason being? They won't be able to sell a completely blank uniform and caps to fans.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

I've seen the John Goodman movie 'The Babe' several times,

I've seen the movie "Major League" several times, so I feel I Know the full history of the Indians almost moving to Tampa.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I've seen the John Goodman movie 'The Babe' several times,

I've seen the movie "Major League" several times, so I feel I Know the full history of the Indians almost moving to Tampa.

Miami...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Your comments are always oozing with ignorance. I think you just hate the world. And if anything, Cubs fans have one of the largest fanbases out there, even if they do choke on the field. I don't see why with every story about the Cubs there always has to be an ignorant super-fan to bash on their fans. Show some class, kid.

I think if you go to Wrigley and ask someone what the score is, or who is pitching, and they'll give you this look like "what?" Wrigley is simply Illinois' largest restaurant. Any White Sox fan would agree, people go to the Cell to watch baseball. People go to Wrigley to be seen, or party, or twitter on their phone. Definitely not about the game as much as it is on the south side.

I don't hate the world, just the Cubs. And Boston. Sorry... wrong thread for me?

I go to the Cell to party and Wrigley to watch baseball. But I'm also a Cubs fan.

It should be interesting how the Cubs uniforms turn out. From the pictures, it doesn't look like a very good jersey.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I don't think they will wear the home version. I can see a fauxback hybrid of the two- white with red sox font and red pinstripes. Reason being? They won't be able to sell a completely blank uniform and caps to fans.

From the press release:

The Red Sox home uniform will be a blank button-up with no lettering and a slight off-white or ivory color. The hat will also have a blank off-white tint, and the socks will be a three-part white/red/white composition. The Red Sox used this uniform and hat combination as their primary home look for most of the 1910s, and did not have any lettering on the front of their uniform for the bulk of that decade and the entire 1920s. The team did not wear the familiar blue cap with a red “B” until the early 1930s.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

How come every mock up of a jersey has #97 on it?

Taken from Chris' website. Default numbering.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived