Michigan Throwback Jerseys Leaked

tron1013

These would be great if it wasn't for the tech-fit template. It doesn't make much of a difference on Michigan imo because the sleeve stripes are a unique design on their own like that, but the super truncated stripes on the Notre Dame jerseys look horrible. If you guys wanna see more pics you can go to the Adidas football facebook page and they have promo photos there.

Edit: posted photos below.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Michigan's look good. but they should have removed the shoulder stripes on the Notre Dame helmet.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Lord, I hate the cut of the jerseys from addias.

I'm on the other side. I love the streamlined simplicity of the TechFit jersey. The only thing I really wish they would do to improve it is modify the path of the shoulder seam so it allows more of the shoulder loop to show. I think it would behoove them to have one cut for sleeve stripes and yoke designs (this one, because it works well enough for designs like Michigan's) and another cut for shoulder loop designs (like Notre Dame's).

Side note: is this the first time we've seen the adidas trefoil logo on a college football uniform? Makes me really wish they'd go back to that as the only logo.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Lord, I hate the cut of the jerseys from addias.

I'm on the other side. I love the streamlined simplicity of the TechFit jersey. The only thing I really wish they would do to improve it is modify the path of the shoulder seam so it allows more of the shoulder loop to show. I think it would behoove them to have one cut for sleeve stripes and yoke designs (this one, because it works well enough for designs like Michigan's) and another cut for shoulder loop designs (like Notre Dame's).

Side note: is this the first time we've seen the adidas trefoil logo on a college football uniform? Makes me really wish they'd go back to that as the only logo.

Sleeve stripes look pretty terrible on the current template though. Also pretty terrible is the way in which design elements are distorted and skewed due the the stretchiness of the fabric.

brandon-jacobs.jpg

c84903_Miller_02272011.jpg

adidas needs to come up with a modified template for teams that use shoulder stripes. This something Nike needs to address too depending on how they plan to outfit Indy, San Diego or any other teams that use some form of shoulder striping. I'm pretty sure UCLA will look like crap again as will any names on the back of the jerseys. They really should just apply Lextra style names or adjust the nameplate so it doesn't look like a 5 year old hyped up on soda cut out the letters and stuck them on the nameplate

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

As an (ever-decreasing) Ohio State fan I grew up hating Michigan, but they look fantastic in those uniforms.

And I've said it a million times, Notre Dame should've never taken the shamrock off of their helmets. It would be iconic by now. It's simple and descriptive and unique. I love it.

PvO6ZWJ.png

This something Nike needs to address too depending on how they plan to outfit Indy, San Diego or any other teams that use some form of shoulder striping.

Nike's likely to outfit the teams in some variation of the Pro Combat template and said template doesn't have that problem.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

This something Nike needs to address too depending on how they plan to outfit Indy, San Diego or any other teams that use some form of shoulder striping.

Nike's likely to outfit the teams in some variation of the Pro Combat template and said template doesn't have that problem.

Nike is moving away from Pro Combat to Speed Machine. That is what the NFL will likely be in.

Without further adieu, allow me to introduce the perfect solution to the sleeve stripe problem. (Drum roll please.) Bring back actual sleeves. :P

On topic: Michigan looks pretty cool. Despite the fact that they're "Irish", I've never much cared for Notre Dame in green. I like the looks of the uniform but I'm not crazy about the green. It's just a personal preference.

BB52Big.jpg

Nike is moving away from Pro Combat to Speed Machine. That is what the NFL will likely be in.

Isn't Speed Machine just a variant on the Pro Combat template? I thought it was mostly the same just a different collar design.

Isn't Speed Machine just a variant on the Pro Combat template? I thought it was mostly the same just a different collar design.

Yeah, Speed Machine is what they used in the bowls and what Wazzu and ASU have unveiled. It's very similar, but there are clear differences, so I just call them all Pro Combat. It's semantics, really.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Notre Dame's uniform is just beautiful.

The model for Michigan's uniform appears to be wearing blue gloves. I thought there was a rule against colored gloves other than gray?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Actually, it does have that problem. The stripes can come down farther in the front on the Pro Combat jersey, but they stop above the nameplate on the back just like on the TechFit jersey.

There's an alternate cut for the Reebok version of the TechFit jersey (the one the Giants wear) that has set-in sleeves and allows for truer stripes to be applied to the jersey. Eli Manning and some of the other skill-position players have worn it in the past. That solves the problem, but the linemen still like the 'sleeveless' cut.

The one thing that people are forgetting, though, is that each team has an on-field style guide that shows how each jersey is constructed. Nike might not even be putting teams in one of its proprietary Pro Combat or Speed Machine templates. As a licensee, they're obligated to produce the garments to the teams' specifications. They have the option to go to each team, of course, and make a pitch saying this is how we want to construct the jersey and this is how your teams aesthetic will fit in, but the team doesn't have to accept that proposal as presented, at which point Nike would have to produce, for example, the Chargers jersey exactly as it's specified in the style guide. I think we'll be seeing many teams in their own unique templates, just as we do now with the current suppliers.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I just hate these teams going to "retro" uniforms for rivalry games... at least when the teams have fairly classic, clean looking uniforms as is, i.e. Notre Dame, Ohio State, Michigan (kinda).

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Archived