Seahawks talking to Nike about 2012 changes

jfurdell

What about this?

NFLConcept-SeattleSeahawks2012.png

I like the idea of an even lighter primary Blue. However, I do have a bit of an issue with the color library you used (big surprise - I'm anal retentive that way!)...those Pantone Process colors are CMYK only, aren't used very often, and have even been discontinued by Pantone (they were replaced by the new CMYK colors in the PANTONE PLUS system).

I took DS 224-5 C, matched it to a Pantone spot color and combined it with the Sounders' Shale and Green:

SeattleSeahawks_PF3_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

The Blue is a shade lighter than the one I previously submitted.

Oh - and as far as the Cowboys go, I proposed these colors a while back:

DallasCowboys_PF3_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

This takes the current Navy and combines it with one of the new PANTONE Premium Metallic colors...the Premium Metallics are a new set of metallic colors that combine PANTONE Silver (also a new color) with one or more of the new PANTONE Goe base inks.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like the idea of an even lighter primary Blue. However, I do have a bit of an

issue with the color library you used (big surprise - I'm anal retentive that

way!)...those Pantone Process colors are CMYK only, aren't used very often, and

have even been discontinued by Pantone (they were replaced by the new CMYK

colors in the PANTONE PLUS system).

I took DS 224-5 C, matched it to a

Pantone spot color and combined it with the Sounders' Shale and

Green:

The

Blue is a shade lighter than the one I previously submitted.

Well I'm still using just Illustrator CS..haven't gotten to the CS4 or whatever number they're on! I'm guessing the swapping of palletes were done in the later AI version so I'll deal with that when I update. As far as the colors I chose, I just picked ones similar to those they use now except in the shades I was trying to go for. I like your choice of colors so if you want to email me the cmyk values I can put them into my design and see what it looks like!

I like the idea of an even lighter primary Blue. However, I do have a bit of an

issue with the color library you used (big surprise - I'm anal retentive that

way!)...those Pantone Process colors are CMYK only, aren't used very often, and

have even been discontinued by Pantone (they were replaced by the new CMYK

colors in the PANTONE PLUS system).

I took DS 224-5 C, matched it to a

Pantone spot color and combined it with the Sounders' Shale and

Green:

The

Blue is a shade lighter than the one I previously submitted.

Well I'm still using just Illustrator CS..haven't gotten to the CS4 or whatever number they're on! I'm guessing the swapping of palletes were done in the later AI version so I'll deal with that when I update. As far as the colors I chose, I just picked ones similar to those they use now except in the shades I was trying to go for. I like your choice of colors so if you want to email me the cmyk values I can put them into my design and see what it looks like!

Save the image and open it in illustrator and then eyedrop the colors. You want to be working in RGB when you're making graphics for screen.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

My solution would've been to standardize navy blue and silver-green as the Cowboys' only colors. Navy blue version of the whites, use the old super-serifed numbers on both jerseys.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I still don't understand why the Cowboys refuse to finally resolve their myriad uniform issues.

1995-Deion-Sanders.jpgMan_0971-575x416.jpg

Boom. Problem solved.

The helmets and pants still don't match.

I still don't understand why the Cowboys refuse to finally resolve their myriad uniform issues.

Boom. Problem solved.

Slight mismatching silvers aside, I agree 10000% the Cowboys should really get back to this and keep it permanently. (I also still maintain a slightly greenish silver is the way to go, but I digress.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Boom. Problem solved.

And the giant shoulder stars look silly.

Yeah, those uniforms are hideous as well. And by the way, I'm someone who LOVES the color of their regular pants. So they don't match the helmet? Who cares? By far the biggest problem with their set is that the white tops suck. They have an awesome navy set that we almost never see, but the white jerseys blow. It's just royal blue numbers with a couple of stripes, and they're not even attractive ones. The Colts make it look good. The Cowboys just suck on that front.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Boom. Problem solved.

Agreed. The shoulder stars only work with the early 60s throwbacks.

And the giant shoulder stars look silly.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Here is the update with the color values provided by ColorWerx. Thanks by the way! IMO, this is the best update of their current set that can be made without a full compromise. Bringing back the original style sleeve stripes that add's the green back into the scheme on a larger scale, eliminates the need for both sleeve cuff and collar stripes of green. A lighter shade of the primary slate blue paired with a deeper navy and white pants for home and blue for the road adds better balance to the look. Re-fashioned numbers slightly based off of the originals adds a touch of nostalgia and sock stripes matching the helmet, sleeves and pants tie it all together.

NFLConcept-SeattleSeahawks2012Sounders.png

I love everything about the Cowboys' uniforms. They are the only football team I can think of that can pull off 2 different templates for home and away uniforms. Paul Lukas did a nice break down of all the differences for those who aren't as obsessed as I am.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=lukas/071025&sportCat=nfl

The more I think about the lightblue/silver metallic idea seems like a perfect use for the old Cowboys blue/silver pants that never matched the rest of their uniform.

cowboysblue.jpg

Now I hate the Cowboys too but I don't see these seafoam green-metallic blue-NOTsilver pants as a problem... they're AN ASSET!!! These pants ROCK!!!

My solution would've been to standardize navy blue and silver-green as the Cowboys' only colors. Navy blue version of the whites, use the old super-serifed numbers on both jerseys.

I thought you hated the silver-green? I suggested matching the helmet to the pants a few months ago, but since then I have turned around. Ditch the navy completely. Go back to the Staubach era jersey with dark royal blue and bluish silver and you have a great jersey.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived