Seahawks talking to Nike about 2012 changes

jfurdell

I thought the neon green jersey was good but not paired correctly. White pants, for me, makes the set work.

seahawkgreenwhite.jpg

Nothing would make those atrocious jerseys "work"...

I also think the green jerseys "could" work if they switched to the silver helmets with the modern logo (like from the shot posted above) along with matching silver pants, like their 80s Largent era uniforms. THAT would look pretty cool. But when you pair the green up with the blue helmet and pants, it has Arena League written all over it.

seahawkgreenwhite.jpg

Crude mockup...I guess it looks okay now that I actually see it haha

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also like the very subtle neon green. It accents the blue. I do not like it however as a main color as in those awful alternates they used to wear a few times the last couple years.

I thought the neon green jersey was good but not paired correctly. White pants, for me, makes the set work.

seahawkgreenwhite.jpg

I always thought this combo made the most sense for these jerseys. I love this look and would be in favor of them making this their primary home uniform.

Just so you know...the darker color is what the Sounders call "Cascade Shale"...it's a VERY Dark Gray...almost an Off-Black. It's not a Blue.

Oh dear sweet little infant Jesus...PLEASE don't get Nike get a hold of that intel...or else the 2012 'Hawks are gonna end up swathed in Puget Slate, anthracite Cascade Shale, and lightning highlighter volt electric green...or yellow...or whatever it is.

(If they were to adapt the Sounders' colors, of course.) :P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Seahawks helmet and home jersey in Sounders' colors:

Here would be the pants for the uniforms:

SeattleSeahawks_PropPAN1_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

Thank you. I think with the original logo, and possibly a silver helmet shell or even the dark grey, this would be great.

The old Seahawks logo is downright primitive compared to the newer one. Either the old or new cours work for me, but the new logo is vastly superior.

The first logo was a classy homage to Pacific Northwest Native American art. The new logo looks like something out of Angry Birds.

The old Seahawks logo is downright primitive

Isn't that the point? It's supposed to be in the style of Pacific Northwest Indian art.

The new logo is perfect. It kept the native elements while making some improvements to give the logo a more modern and sleeker look.

As a logo, the center of the Seahawk brand, the new one is excellent. I can appreciate the older logo, but I'd prefer the current. I think the current Seahawk look, if they ever wore blue pants on the road, would be/is one of the best in the NFL.

On a side note, the full-body Seahawk alternate logo uses a weird, vibrant shade of blue. Anyone (Colorwerx) have the info on that?

34y7eo5.jpg

You know what they say, "Traditionalist's can go die in a hole if they don't like it."

I don't know, guys, the eyes and beak still look like Chinook art to me, just slightly modernized. I think slightly modernized is a fine way to go about a Seattle logo.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

That full body is beautiful.

It's a great logo, but it makes no sense for the Seahawks. It would fit much better if it was an Eagles logo

There's a reason I refer to that particular logo as the "Phileattle Seagle". ^_^

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Isn't that the point? It's supposed to be in the style of Pacific Northwest Indian art.

The new logo is perfect. It kept the native elements while making some improvements to give the logo a more modern and sleeker look.

While I agree that on the surface the new logo looks better, the reality is that the old one is very consistent with the Native American artwork/styles seen in the region. Having lived here for over 20 years and having been exposed to the wonderful art first hand, I prefer that old, more authentic version. It seems more honest, real, less contrived.

While I agree that on the surface the new logo looks better, the reality is that the old one is very consistent with the Native American artwork/styles seen in the region. Having lived here for over 20 years and having been exposed to the wonderful art first hand, I prefer that old, more authentic version. It seems more honest, real, less contrived.

And just looks too overly detailed for a sports logo. The new one is a very nice modernization and simplification of the original that works better for a logo while keeping a close similarity to the original.

... the reality is that the old one is very consistent with the Native American artwork/styles seen in the region.

I've been a fan of the Seahawks since the franchise entered the NFL. My uncle - who I've regularly visited with family and on my own - has lived in Gig Harbor, Washington since 1967, so I'm very familiar with the tribal artwork of Pacific Northwest coastal native peoples.

The notion that the Seahawks' original logo was "very consistent with the Native American artwork/styles seen in the region" is laughable. It was an overly-simplified, bastardized-to-the-point-of-being-insipid version of said Native American/First Nation artwork from the get-go. "[A]uthentic"? Not on your life. "[H]onest, real, less contrived"? No, no and no.

Truth be told, if you're looking for sports logos that more faithfully reflect the tribal artwork of the region, you'd be better-served by turning to certain marks employed by the Seattle Totems, Seattle Thunderbirds and the alternate/secondary logo of the Vancouver Grizzlies. Compared to these logos, the old Seahawks primary mark is watered-down pap.

I simply disagree. Not saying I'm right or you're wrong, just my own opinion.

The new one is a little too slick or stylized where as the old one (although not rendered as well) had a more similar quality to the real thing. Perfect, no. Closer, I think so.

seahawklogos.jpg

Archived