Seahawks talking to Nike about 2012 changes

jfurdell

can most people agree that the nfl is in better hands with the nfl than reebok?

I think what we can all REALLY agree on is that, with Seattle's colors and helmet..... Nike will have much, much, MUCH, much fun with the Seahawks unis.

I know this has been discussed a few times in a few different threads, but I think the idea that Nike is gonna come in and start changing things everywhere is really unlikely. The NFL is way to tightly controlled for that. I think for 95% of the league, Nike will just produce the team design exactly as the team specifies. I'm sure when a team want to rebrand they will probably get input from Nike, but most, if not all, NFL redesigns come through NFL Properties which I expect to continue.

Don't expect a Nike-fied NFL anytime soon, if ever.

(thank God)

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know this has been discussed a few times in a few different threads, but I think the idea that Nike is gonna come in and start changing things everywhere is really unlikely. The NFL is way to tightly controlled for that. I think for 95% of the league, Nike will just produce the team design exactly as the team specifies. I'm sure when a team want to rebrand they will probably get input from Nike, but most, if not all, NFL redesigns come through NFL Properties which I expect to continue.

Don't expect a Nike-fied NFL anytime soon, if ever.

(thank God)

As I said in another thread, I expect Nike to push the NFL to change their rules on alternate jerseys. Nike will want to make Pro Combat type alternates for certain teams on a whim to hype up whatever product it is pushing. Other than special occasions like the AFL anniversary, teams are only allowed one alt jersey, and it can be the ONLY alternate worn for something like a three year period. You have to expect Nike will want to change that, and if they did, teams with no history or identity would jump at it (hello, Seattle). I hope the NFL denies Nike, but there is far more money on the table than with Reebok, as Reebok isn't close to Nike in the level of marketing. So while I don't expect the NFL to change their rules and let Nike run roughshot, I wouldn't be surprised if they gave teams a pass to look like clowns once per year.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

See, I just don't like that concept, nothing personal. To use the lime green, you need colors around it to really make it pop, and the royal blue just doesn't do that. The silver just washes the green out, and vice versa.

Again, that's me. I think the Seahawks' current set is fine as is, YMMV.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

See, I just don't like that concept, nothing personal. To use the lime green, you need colors around it to really make it pop, and the royal blue just doesn't do that. The silver just washes the green out, and vice versa.

Again, that's me. I think the Seahawks' current set is fine as is, YMMV.

I do see and agree with the "pop" thing, but darker shades of grey/silver look great combined with bright/lime green.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

I just don't think the current Seahawks identity will ever be perfect. I don't mind it to be honest. I don't think that it'll ever be a 9 out of 10...its a 6 out of 10 at best but still better than most of the crap out there.

Anytime you tweak one thing it totally makes the other elements weaker. Its almost as if the current incarnation is as good as its gonna get. Maybe they should just start from scratch.

Not....happening.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I like their current uniforms. The blue is very drab yes but it's pretty original. Not many teams have that shade. I also like the very subtle neon green. It accents the blue. I do not like it however as a main color as in those awful alternates they used to wear a few times the last couple years.

I really like when they wear the white pants with the blue jerseys, or the all white look is very clean as well. I'm all for a modern take on the gray pants from their 80s and 90s uniforms, I think that would look pretty sharp with their blue jerseys. Also a return to the silver helmet would be cool as well to go with the silver pants.

Their old was so downright hideous. The only reason people are so attracted to it is because that is what they grew up with.

I find the CURRENT to be downright hideous. If they had gone with an update to their originals that was proposed when they went monochrome, it would have been perfect.

%2702+seahawks+prototype.jpga_newhelmet2_i.jpg

87Redskins.png

I also like the very subtle neon green. It accents the blue. I do not like it however as a main color as in those awful alternates they used to wear a few times the last couple years.

I thought the neon green jersey was good but not paired correctly. White pants, for me, makes the set work.

seahawkgreenwhite.jpg

How about the blues reversed?

Just so you know...the darker color is what the Sounders call "Cascade Shale"...it's a VERY Dark Gray...almost an Off-Black. It's not a Blue.

SeattleSeahawks_PropJER2_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

I thought the neon green jersey was good but not paired correctly. White pants, for me, makes the set work.

seahawkgreenwhite.jpg

Nothing would make those atrocious jerseys "work"...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived