Seahawks talking to Nike about 2012 changes

jfurdell

No, I love the silver-green. Everyone else who wants to standardize wants the silver-green out. I think that's a defining color of theirs in a lot of ways.

Whipped this up with the cool pro combat template a while ago:

cowboysn.jpg

The silver-green isn't AS silver-green, I guess, but it's the only one now. No more black, either. Never got that.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, I love the silver-green. Everyone else who wants to standardize wants the silver-green out. I think that's a defining color of theirs in a lot of ways.

Whipped this up with the cool pro combat template a while ago:

cowboysn.jpg

The silver-green isn't AS silver-green, I guess, but it's the only one now. No more black, either. Never got that.

Do not want. And whoever made the template should get rid of the red glove trim, the U logo on the white shoes and the TCU logo on the black shoes.

We're taking this thread away from the Seahawks (and I'm obviously to blame as well), but here's a Cowboys concept I put together a while back, using Navy and that Pantone Premium Metallic Silver-Blue I proposed:

DallasCowboys_PropUN_05_SOL.png

I see I'm not alone in disliking the Cowboys mismatching uniforms.

I like their road uniform colors, but I dislike the road uniform's design. I would like to see a unified Cowboys uniform style that matches their Home white jerseys, but with the colors from road blue jerseys.

We're taking this thread away from the Seahawks (and I'm obviously to blame as well), but here's a Cowboys concept I put together a while back, using Navy and that Pantone Premium Metallic Silver-Blue I proposed:

DallasCowboys_PropUN_05_SOL.png

Hate to further add to the derail, but...

I'd rather see royal blue over navy. There's just SO much navy being used across all sports right now. Dark royal and blue-silver (70's era Cowboys) was a nice, and unique, look.

Here is the update with the color values provided by ColorWerx. Thanks by the way! IMO, this is the best update of their current set that can be made without a full compromise. Bringing back the original style sleeve stripes that add's the green back into the scheme on a larger scale, eliminates the need for both sleeve cuff and collar stripes of green. A lighter shade of the primary slate blue paired with a deeper navy and white pants for home and blue for the road adds better balance to the look. Re-fashioned numbers slightly based off of the originals adds a touch of nostalgia and sock stripes matching the helmet, sleeves and pants tie it all together.

NFLConcept-SeattleSeahawks2012Sounders.png

I like the Seahawks current look a lot, but these are awesome! Great work.

By the way, do any of you color guru's have the color swatches of the Seahawks and Sounders? Would be interesting to see how they compare. Seems to my mind's eye that the Sounder green is slightly more neon with a yellowish tint while the Sounder blue is more blue and less muted than the Seahawk blue.

C'mon...you know I've got everything...! :P

SeattleSeahawks_FRC_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

SeattleSoundersFC_FRC_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

Perfect. Thanks. Like others have said, it's amazing how much better the Sounders very similar pallet is. Guess that's the advantage of the same group (Seahawks/Sounders) creating them, my guess is they refined the Seahawk colors given lessons learned working with them.

Weighing in as a Seattle resident, I hope any updating done to the Seahawk uniforms is able to more closesly align what I consider the city's official color palette. All three major sports teams (Mariners, Seahawks, and Sounders, as well as the Seattle Thunderbirds hockey team) use a green and blue palette. It would be nice as a homer if all the teams could get on board with the same palette. I love the Seahawks' slate blue color, the Mariners' teal is the color of the city flag, but I actually would prefer everyone to sync up to the Sounders' colors. Seattle's maritime heritage and "Emerald City" title scream for green and blue, it would just be nice if they could find the same shade.

I'm recognizing this post rambled. I apologize. :)

Go Cougs.

I have a question. Its been mentioned a few times in this thread and others that a full wrap around helmet logo is impossible due to the changes in helmet sizes. If this is so, how did they pull it off in the USFL? Both the Jacksonville Bulls and the Boston/New Orleans/Portland Breakers had full wrap around logos (and looked awesome, by the way).

I'm not actually advocating that Seattle do this... I like the stripe-wide split... just wondering way some think it can't be done.

I have a question. Its been mentioned a few times in this thread and others that a full wrap around helmet logo is impossible due to the changes in helmet sizes. If this is so, how did they pull it off in the USFL? Both the Jacksonville Bulls and the Boston/New Orleans/Portland Breakers had full wrap around logos (and looked awesome, by the way).

I'm not actually advocating that Seattle do this... I like the stripe-wide split... just wondering way some think it can't be done.

I'd imagine they'd simply have a different helmet decal size for each helmet size. My guess is there are what, 4-5 helmet sizes tops?

It looks terrible (logo looks like a monster)

34y7eo5.jpg

You know what they say, "Traditionalist's can go die in a hole if they don't like it."

Well here's my shot at a Cowboys design!

NFLConcept-2012DallasCowboys.png

Very nice; thanks for bringing back (as well as ColorWerx) the classic silver blue and dumping this kind of seasick silver green the Cowboys have used for the past 20 or so years. I don't have the illustration skills, but this is pretty much what I envisioned as a Cowboys update except in my mind's eye I used white numbers and stripes on the blue jerseys. I like your number/stripe borders though.

What about this?

NFLConcept-SeattleSeahawks2012.png

Actually I think I like this one better than the second one with the lighter blue and the white beak on the Seahawk. Great concepts!

bigdub81's concepts make me wonder... where will the NIKE logo be seen on the uniforms next season? On the sleeves like bigdub has them and like they were when NIKE used to make NFL uniforms. OR on the front, on the chest as we see them do with I'm assuming all of their NCAA jerseys.

The Nike logo won't be seen anywhere on the jerseys next season.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

bigdub81's concepts make me wonder... where will the NIKE logo be seen on the uniforms next season? On the sleeves like bigdub has them and like they were when NIKE used to make NFL uniforms. OR on the front, on the chest as we see them do with I'm assuming all of their NCAA jerseys.

The Nike logo won't be seen anywhere on the jerseys next season.

I refer to the 2011 season as this season, I meant 2012 when saying next. I know, I know that's pretty confusing. My apologies.

90758391980.gif

Archived