Seahawks talking to Nike about 2012 changes

jfurdell

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2011/5/20/2182011/throwbacks-uniform-design-changes-in-the-works-for-the-seahawks

Throwbacks in the mix for 2012, plus other possible changes.

(I'm hoping for something different on the sleeves, either a bigger team logo or some old school stripes.)

nfl_u_cortezkennedy_es_200_large.jpg

Thank you Nike. I hate their current look.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

As a Hawks fan anything involving Nike worries me. I've grown to love the jerseys they have, but certainly improvements could be made. I would like to see the neon used more predominately, and the wraparound logo return to the sleeve, or at least increase the size of the logo.

I have visions of Orlando Thunder Neon. And little speed arrows to make the players go faster.

Oh, and a black alternate, just for the hell of it.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I used to hatehatehate the Seahawks' blue-grey monochrome, but I gradually learned to love it and embraced the idea of a Pacific Northwestern team clad in gloomy blue-grey from head to toe. Conceptually, it's a neat touch. My problems with the uniform are now that they went with a fairly progressive concept yet stuck to athletic block, and don't use enough neon green accenting. I envision old-style Charger outlines with neon green in place of the yellow.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The only thing the Seahawks need to change is their pants. Wear the white pants at home. Do that and they have one of the better looks in the NFL. That blue monochrome is just awful.

im with you there. love their colors

im predicting a slight increase in the use of neon green

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I love their colors and it has never bothered me when a team wears matching jersey/pants. Some teams can pull it off, while others (Bills, Cardinals) can't and shouldn't. But I'd like Nike to mix the current look with the Steve Largent era look and add a little more lime green into the mix as well. When Nike is done, they may have one of the best uni's in the NFL. There's so much you can do with those colors and great logo.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Their old was so downright hideous. The only reason people are so attracted to it is because that is what they grew up with.

No, it's not, although thank you for telling me why I like something.

It's more that two-tone blue absolutely sucks in almost all of it's incarnations, and by comparison, kelly green and royal blue is a beautiful and completely underused combination. The new logo is an upgrade, but the actual look it's based around :censored:ing sucks.

Their old was so downright hideous. The only reason people are so attracted to it is because that is what they grew up with.

No, and no.

I don't mind the new colors, but without contrasting pants they're terribly drab. I've seen the Seahawks twice in Seatle and once on the road in Green Bay, and they've blended in with the field every time.

They desperately need a contrasting color to brighten it up. Wish they had introduced silver pants so the silver helmet might have won the fan vote.

In that regard, the old look was far superior. Has nothing to do with anything else.

No, it's not, although thank you for telling me why I like something.

No kidding. I'm wondering if he also thinks he's the first person to come up with "people are attracted to it because they grew up with it."

BB52Big.jpg

The new look is just perfect for a team in Seattle. I wish they'd lighten it up a tad by using more neon green, but I think it's a great look. I wouldn't want every team in the league to be a dreary monochrome, but it's their identity and I think it works. I think you lose all of that with silver or white pants, and might as well redesign the whole thing if that's what is desired. The only thing that bothers me about the current set is the white pants on the road. They only need blue pants. That's it.

The old look wasn't anything special IMO. The colors were fine, but the design was just so plain and '80s. That's not always bad, but I just don't think that it's good for a team like Seattle that has so much to draw a visual identity from. I liked the old (can't think of the name for the type of design, but totem-pole-ish) bird head (though I like the new one better) but the jerseys would simply be royal blue with a cheap-looking sort-of-block number font today (they'd look like the Giants, since their bird-sleeve wouldn't work on the current cuts) and there's nothing really unique anywhere else. They could certainly redesign with the old colors and come up with something that works well, but I don't think that simply "going back" (as so many have suggested) would be an improvement in any way.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

They definitely shouldn't go back to the old stuff, but finding a way to work the head stripe with the new logo, new template and new colors would be awesome. The only thing I've hated about the new jerseys is how small the logo is on the sleeve.

Ooookay...that really doesn't explain your dislike for them. If you're going to come on to a uniform specific forum, please bring more to the table and give details to support your opinion.

I liked their previous version because I always thought the Seahawks did an amazing job of fusing their logo into the sleeve stripes...perfectly blended. To me, that was brilliant. Their current look just has an odd "wet" look to them. I suppose that's cool from the point of view that the "wet" look represents Seattle's climate, but the dark gloomy wet look is also depressing. This is why I would like to see Nike merge the 2 era's together to liven up their look. That, and bring out the lime green some more.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Archived