2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

So Utah has a shot to stay alive in the Pac-12 South race...and they crap the freakin' bed. Against Colo-freakin'-rado. On a missed field goal.

Excuse me while I punch a wall out.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Utah has a shot to stay alive in the Pac-12 South race...and they crap the freakin' bed. Against Colo-freakin'-rado. On 3 missed field goals.

Excuse me while I punch a wall out.

Fixed.

Just need to add a few more goalposts to the endzone.

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

No kidding, Foxx. Man, that was rough. After Coleman missed his second FG, I really didn't feel comfy with him trying again. Sure enough, a third try is what it came down to. Flat out rough giving Colo-freaking-rado thier first road win in four years. Inexcusable.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Hope for Iron Bowl hell tomorrow. It's the only chance LSU-Alabama Part Deux does not occur.

No, Oklahoma State beating Oklahoma should solidify their computer numbers enough that it wouldn't take that many "dear God no rematch please" votes to put them in.

But yeah, let's have Auburn beat Alabama anyway just to be safe.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Well I hope the Sooners pound the crap out of the Pokes. Then if Bama takes care of Auburn, then rematch part deaux! Roll Tide!

Teams whose third most difficult opponent almost lost to Furman shouldn't play for a national title if there are conference champions sitting around with the same number of losses.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Utah just got ColoradOWNED!

UCLA, you're welcome. ;)

Yes, because losing by three after missing three field goals, as we all know, is getting ColoradOWNED...

Oh, and nice changing your post three times. "Buffs win!" just couldn't suffice for you the first or second time around, could it? :rolleyes:

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The Pac 12 South is like the 1994 Southwest Conference.

Today, we are all otaku.

Hope for Iron Bowl hell tomorrow. It's the only chance LSU-Alabama Part Deux does not occur.

No, Oklahoma State beating Oklahoma should solidify their computer numbers enough that it wouldn't take that many "dear God no rematch please" votes to put them in.

Alabama's "quality of loss" is much, much stronger than Oklahoma State's.

I can't fathom Alabama dropping a spot if they beat a ranked team tomorrow. So, hopefully, Auburn allays those problems.

spacer.png

Utah just got ColoradOWNED!

UCLA, you're welcome. ;)

I would like to welcome the Bruins to an ass kicking courtesy of the Oregon Ducks

God, there's nothing I'd love more than for Chip Kelly to come out and overthink his way to a loss to UCLA. That'd be hilarious.

A 7-6 UCLA team getting slaughtered in the Rose Bowl by Wisconsin is must see tv. B)

I can't fathom Alabama dropping a spot if they beat a ranked team tomorrow. So, hopefully, Auburn allays those problems.

:censored: your quality of loss. Play a real schedule some time and not the dregs of the SEC East, a toothless Penn State team that is only not hovering around .500 because the rest of Big Ten is a crapfest, and 3 tomato soup cans. 'Bama had their shot at home and they kicked it wide right. And left. And short. And anyplace besides through the uprights.

Today, we are all otaku.

:censored: your quality of loss. Play a real schedule some time and not the dregs of the SEC East, a toothless Penn State team that is only not hovering around .500 because the rest of Big Ten is a crapfest, and 3 tomato soup cans. 'Bama had their shot at home and they kicked it wide right. And left. And short. And anyplace besides through the uprights.

I agree. Hope it works out that way.

I hate basically every team in the SEC - Alabama is the very tops at that. Even more than Georgia, LSU, or even Tennessee.

spacer.png

Who has Oklahoma State beaten? Kansas State, Baylor, a crappy Texas and less than worthy Missouri, barely beat Texas A&M and lost to Iowa State. If they beat OU, sure they should at least get a shot.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Who has Oklahoma State beaten? Kansas State, Baylor, a crappy Texas and less than worthy Missouri, barely beat Texas A&M and lost to Iowa State. If they beat OU, sure they should at least get a shot.

PROTIP: The Big XII is actually stronger than the SEC this season by actual objective measures. And Oklahoma State will have played a full round robin against them.

Additionally they have a non-Conference slate of Louisiana-Lafayette, Tulsa, and Arizona-with Arizona likely being the worst opponent of the 3. There's a chance that by the end of the season Oklahoma State will have played 10 Bowl teams.

Today, we are all otaku.

Pac-12 must be thinking how to get USC off probation in time for next Friday's Pac-12 Championship Game ^_^

If USC would have self-sanctioned themselves three years ago, rather than wait for the NCAA's COI to give a verdict, then they could be bowl eligible today.

As for UCLA, they are bowl eligible today, but they may be SOL if they lose to both USC and the Pac-12 North champ.

ASU must not hate Utah for losing, especially since Cal has only won one conference road win in the last two seasons.

Archived