2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

This week in "how pathetic is Indiana's football program?"

I was checking their schedule, and was pleased to see that they did not whore out the home game against Penn State to Washington DC this season. I was less pleased to discover that the reason the didn't do so was that they couldn't, as they were playing at Ball State and North Texas. I was extremely displeased when I realized the North Texas game was not a return game for an earlier home trip to Bloomington.

Indiana football: We play road games against Sun Belt teams without getting them to come to our home stadium first. :rolleyes:

Look at the positives:

1-They are playing the 2nd home game in the new stadium, so they might not have the first loss.

2-A trip to North Texas will give then a change to scout talent in the Metroplex like Southlake Carroll, Euless Trinity, and nearby Denton Ryan.

3-UNT plays @ Alabama the week before so they should be a pretty beat up bunch.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was checking their schedule, and was pleased to see that they did not whore out the home game against Penn State to Washington DC this season. I was less pleased to discover that the reason the didn't do so was that they couldn't, as they were playing at Ball State and North Texas. I was extremely displeased when I realized the North Texas game was not a return game for an earlier home trip to Bloomington.

Indiana football: We play road games against Sun Belt teams without getting them to come to our home stadium first. :rolleyes:

Look at the positives:

1-They are playing the 2nd home game in the new stadium, so they might not have the first loss.

2-A trip to North Texas will give then a change to scout talent in the Metroplex like Southlake Carroll, Euless Trinity, and nearby Denton Ryan.

3-UNT plays @ Alabama the week before so they should be a pretty beat up bunch.

Like Indiana's going to win recruiting battles against all those Texas D-IA programs and the Oklahoma schools. They played the "recruiting" card for the Penn State game too, and that panned out just swell. :rolleyes:

And I don't really care about the timing or the fact IU can possibly give North Texas its first loss in its new home. The point is a Big Ten team has to play on the road against a team that would be "body bag game" fodder for the rest of the Conference. Without them coming to Indiana first. This is really REALLY bad from a prestige standpoint.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Good riddance. He was more trouble than he was worth. "The University of Ohio State?" Don't let the door hit you in the ass Terelle. I've always thought the guy was way overrated anyway.

Michigan even might beat the Buckeyes this year!

Let's not get carried away here. B)

BB52Big.jpg

Here's another link

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2011/06/terrelle-pryor-leaving-ohio-state/1

Wow, Ohio State is screwed. I have a feeling Terrelle Pryor is not going to be the only Buckeye to leave. The players see that the program is going down the tubes. They may meet the same fate that USC did. Forget Big Ten Championship, they might not finish in the upper halve of their division next year.

The Buckeyes are going to be a lot better than people think. They lost a QB who wasn't exactly loved by his teammates. Big deal. And it's not like Ohio State has no depth. Worst case scenario, they go 8-4.

BB52Big.jpg

Beileve it or not, the Ball State game is at Indianapolis' Lucas Oil Stadium, so it's a neutral site game against Ball State.

I don't know about that, 'Red. Firstly, we haven't even found out the punishment yet, but chances are, it will be very severe seeing as how new violations come to light seemingly every day now. Furthermore, spleen may be right about players leaving in droves, provided the punishment is severe enough to prevent them from winning. There's definitely a chance that tOSU could end up like Texas last season, IMO.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I don't know about that, 'Red. Firstly, we haven't even found out the punishment yet, but chances are, it will be very severe seeing as how new violations come to light seemingly every day now. Furthermore, spleen may be right about players leaving in droves, provided the punishment is severe enough to prevent them from winning. There's definitely a chance that tOSU could end up like Texas last season, IMO.

No doubt about it. My thinking is this season may be OK. It's a little late in the game for mass transfers. Next season (and quite a few more after that) will make me want to bury my head in the sand. I could be wrong. In any case, the future ain't looking real bright here in Buckeye Nation. Whether or not that future starts in September or next year really doesn't make much difference I guess. We're in for a long dry spell. I may as well get used to the idea.

That said, we'll still beat Michigan this year. B)

BB52Big.jpg

The two things which may give them a Texas season is the fact that there will be a new QB in place and how well the new coach is. The suspended players are mostly on offense, but the defense is still pretty experienced unlike the Longhorns. I can see tOSU having a season more like UNC did last year with their rash of season-long suspensions, which was 8-5.

Michigan even might beat the Buckeyes this year!

The Buckeyes may be depleted but there's no way they're losing to a 1-AA team this year. :P

I didn't know Ohio State was playing Boise State this year. My how the mighty have fallen.

1zqy8ok.gif

Beileve it or not, the Ball State game is at Indianapolis' Lucas Oil Stadium, so it's a neutral site game against Ball State.

Well, that makes it slightly better. I was beginning to think they were on a "home and home" basis with Letterman U.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I have not read a single posting in this thread so it may have been covered...

I live in Michigan and the U of M fans are celebrating with a hint of sexual delight the downfall of OSU and the departure of Tressel and Pryor.

My question to U of M fans is: How does the debacle at OSU make U of M a better football team (not better than OSU per se but just a better as a whole)

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I live in Michigan and the U of M fans are celebrating with a hint of sexual delight the downfall of OSU and the departure of Tressel and Pryor.

My question to U of M fans is: How does the debacle at OSU make U of M a better football team (not better than OSU per se but just a better as a whole)

It's nothing to do with a team being better or not. It's just rivalry. You can bet UNC would be partying for a week straight if the NCAA slapped Duke with stiff penalties and I've said my schtick before about all the times ASU's gotten in trouble with the NCAA.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

You can bet UNC the world would be partying for a week straight if the NCAA slapped Duke with stiff penalties

FYP.

Touche, sir. Thank you.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

It's nothing to do with a team being better or not. It's just rivalry. You can bet UNC would be partying for a week straight if the NCAA slapped Duke with stiff penalties and I've said my schtick before about all the times ASU's gotten in trouble with the NCAA.

Actually people here in Michigan are saying this virtually guarantees a Big 10 title and Rose Bowl birth for this season.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

Actually people here in Michigan are saying this virtually guarantees a Big 10 title and Rose Bowl birth for this season.

Ok, those people are worse than me in terms of homerism, then.

Yeah they are horrible here. Most U of M fans don't seem to realize that the team has only won 1/2 of a National Title over the last 60 years.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

Yeah they are horrible here. Most U of M fans don't seem to realize that the team has only won 1/2 of a National Title over the last 60 years.

Wait, Syracuse has won more national titles (or as many if we count the 97 championship as exactly one instead of half) in a 60 year span than Michigan?!?

I think that makes me feel better about our football program now. Besides the fact they got G-Rob ruining their program after he ruined ours ^_^

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Archived