2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IF we had a line on either side of the ball the score would be much different. Sacks are inexcusable.

This one of the funniest quotes I've ever read on this board. Of course that would make a game different but Georgia doesn't and Boise State's O and D line are teabagging BOTH lines. Is it so hard to let Boise State actually be good?

spacer.png

IF we had a line on either side of the ball the score would be much different. Sacks are inexcusable.

This one of the funniest quotes I've ever read on this board. Of course that would make a game different but Georgia doesn't and Boise State's O and D line are teabagging BOTH lines. Is it so hard to let Boise State actually be good?

In the media's eyes? Yes. My eyes? Give them credit and stop hating. They got swag, style, and determination. Touchdown Dawgs.

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

In the media's eyes? Yes. My eyes? Give them credit and stop hating. They got swag, style, and determination. Touchdown Dawgs.

Give them credit for what? Last time I checked Boise is stomping all over your "Dawgs".

Furthermore, if Cedric Febis was eligible tonight, BSU might be pitching a shutout right now.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Give them credit for what? Last time I checked Boise is stomping all over your "Dawgs".

I was talking about Boise. That entire previous post was about Boise.

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

I was talking about Boise. That entire previous post was about Boise.

Oh, sorry about that then. I'll go back to my silent hatred for all teams good now.

Pretty hard to screw up a playoff system, in contrast.

Sure you can screw up a playoff system....by including a 4-loss MAC team and a 5-loss Sun Belt team over 1- and 2-loss teams from the SEC, Pac-12, and Big Ten.

Backing up a bit.

If you're not the best in your conference, you have no claim to be best in the country.

That is all.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Pretty hard to screw up a playoff system, in contrast.

Sure you can screw up a playoff system....by including a 4-loss MAC team and a 5-loss Sun Belt team over 1- and 2-loss teams from the SEC, Pac-12, and Big Ten.

Then let's get rid of all of the at-large bids in the basketball tournament.

A "good" win for Boise. Too bad it isn't going to mean a damn thing. The naysayers are still going to point to the fact that Georgia was mediocre last year (and will likely be only a 6 or 7 win team this year). Even if they give credit to the Broncos (which they won't), they'll say something like, "well, that's just one game...Boise couldn't do that every week in the SEC!" A loss would have been an absolute disaster for Boise, but what should be considered a "big" when won't even matter as much as beating Virginia Tech did last year when it's all said and done.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

A "good" win for Boise. Too bad it isn't going to mean a damn thing. The naysayers are still going to point to the fact that Georgia was mediocre last year (and will likely be only a 6 or 7 win team this year). Even if they give credit to the Broncos (which they won't), they'll say something like, "well, that's just one game...Boise couldn't do that every week in the SEC!" A loss would have been an absolute disaster for Boise, but what should be considered

a "big" when won't even matter as much as beating Virginia Tech did last year when it's all said and done.

The sad thing is that after the win over Va Tech, the Hokies lost to James Madison of all teams, which caused their win to immediately lose a lot of luster.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Archived