Your first jersey

nash61

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a red Tamarick Vanover (kick returner) replica jersey. The numbers peeled after a year or two, and I think Vanover was arrested for stealing cars or something. He was a one-year wonder, I think. After that, I had an Elvis Grbac jersey. My taste in players improved after that.

img10254301.jpg

IMG00062-20110630-2018.jpg

Yeah. The Wildwing 3rd. Big whoop. Wanna fight about it? :D

Doesn't fit anymore, but damn anyone that thinks I'll ever get rid of that thing :lol:

My whale has been searching for one that fits now. I would wear that thing to shreads.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Doesn't fit anymore, but damn anyone that thinks I'll ever get rid of that thing :lol:

My whale has been searching for one that fits now. I would wear that thing to shreads.

I've been looking for one of these for years and can't find one. My friend has a blank one and recently got a Kariya one, too. I'm pissed cuz he won't sell me the blank one.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

My first jersey was a 80s Brewers home pullover, no name or number, though.

I also had one of those Hutch sets, Packers #5. I believe it was supposed to be a replica of Don Majkowski from his rookie year, but everyone took it as Paul Hornung(sp?).

I seem to recall having some kiddy blue gretzky oilers jersey in the 80s....

Around 1994 or so I found a rack full of hockey jerseys at the local kmart or zellers or whatever, for like 30 or 40 bucks --- they didn't have my team (leafs) but my dad offered to buy me one anyways. I had to choose between a black tampa bay, red montreal, eggplant anaheim, and white florida. I picked the panthers for some reason....shoulda went habs, but I imagine it was too soon after their cup victory so I probably didn't want to seem bandwagon-y. I probably have about 15 hockey jerseys now, but strangely, only miro satan's #81 sabres red alternate with name/numbers on it.

I've been looking for one of these for years and can't find one. My friend has a blank one and recently got a Kariya one, too. I'm pissed cuz he won't sell me the blank one.

I've been trying to find one for years as well winger. It's so bad it's good and I need it to round out my might ducks jersey collection.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Can't remember which was first, but these 2 were my first jerseys (both of which were Champion screen-printed replicas):

fxch3excetuv92c3a4w1y1rtb.gif

Had the same jersey, except it was Scottie Pippen. I wanted Rodman but my Mom wasn't the biggest fan of a tattoed, hair-dyed basketball-playing malcontent. :lol:

Also, good grief, what kid WASN'T a Bulls fan on some level back in the 90s? :P

a Sonics fan :(

my first jersey: Gary Payton Reversible Sonics Jersey Circa 1996.

I almost always wore the white side though. The green side was itchy. Ha

gary-payton-no-20-nba-seattle-supersonics-residence-basketball-jersey-premium-edition-_1.jpg

Rich Karlis! My Dad surprised me before Super Bowl XXI. I was 6 years old!....

a20792b129edd9a752e7e4_m.jpg

Cleveland fans are known for their bitching and misery, but I've never heard them blame that loss on that field goal being WIDE LEFT -- cause it really was. The refs fvcked that one up.

/hijack

Been saying that since he kicked it. If I recall, Karliss drops his head as it passes the posts, cus he knew he missed it.

sig-1.png

Ironically enough, my first real piece of logo'd apparel was this "gag" gift my mothers side of the family (from Pittsburgh) got me for Christmas. Not a jersey but it's an interesting thing. They got it just to screw with my Dad who's still a huge Browns fan.

jersey.png

But my first real jersey was a Browns jersey. I don't even remember if it had a name on it, but also got a Jim Thome helmet and jersey for my birthday around age 7 or 8.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

1988.xx.xx%20Sears%20Christmas%20Catalog%20P574.jpg

Had the 49ers uniform, #16. :D

Note to the youngins: This is why, as a Packers fan growing up in Chicago in the '80s, I didn't have any Packers stuff to wear. Those teams you see pictured in the Sears catalog were the only ones you could get.

Yes, and I'm shocked the see the Saints in there (with that realistic tan helmet). I was usually hosed if they didn't have the little "All teams available" banner on a certain item. Nice pic in the catalog, just the kind of violent helmet-to-helmet collision the NFL is worried out these days. :D

My first jersey was around age 9 or so, a heavy polyester replica of Archie Manning's white #8. No NOB, but oddly, it looked better than the real ones because my replica had gold outlines on the numbers, which the Saints had dropped by then. B)

ArchieManning.jpg

I have a Polaroid somewhere of me in the jersey. If I can dig it out I'll post it.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived