Your first jersey

nash61

lenny-dykstra-tobacco.jpg

a lenny dykstra batting practice jersey.

Lenny would like you to know that, if you still have that jersey, it's worth $873,000 on the open market.

Lenny would also like to know if you're going to finish that sandwich.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't really remember my first jersey, I think it was an Ozzie Smith Cardinals jersey or maybe even a Jocelyn Lemieux Hawks jersey. However, the first jersey that I specifically asked for and got was for my 12th birthday (1992). I couldn't believe I got it, due to the price...my mom must have stashed back for it for a while. I got an authentic Ed Belfour Hawks jersey (who was, and is, my favorite player of all time in any sport). I still have it, and it has the Chicago Stadium all-star game patch on it. It was pretty big on me back then, but I can still wear it...a size 54 CCM. My mom knows nothing about jerseys, so I think the numbered sizing on authentics threw her off or something.

When I was 9 (2001), I got a John Stockton road jersey (purple with the mountains) for, I think, my birthday. I still have it! He was and still is today my all-time favorite player.

My first football jersey was a red Jeff Garcia 49ers jersey the next year, and I think it was my 12th birthday when I got my first hockey jersey, a black Phoenix Coyotes jersey (blank). I've since lost the Garcia jersey, but the Coyotes jersey is still hanging in my closet.

Aside from youth league and high school jerseys, I don't own any baseball jerseys from any league, unfortunately. LOTS of hats, but no jerseys.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

My first jersey was a Michael Jordan (red) away jersey that I received in Christmas of 1991. I wore that jersey at least once or twice a week until I got it signed by MJ at a Birmingham Barons vs Orlando Cubs game in Orlando back in '94, defintely one of the highlights of my youth. The jersey sits framed in my home office now.

alkaline-trio_logo-with-heart.jpg

mine was a maska air knit of this jersey i got from my grandmother in '93.

emaz7ibs36tg6f7ay2se.gif

it never fit me until a few years ago but i still wore it when i wanted to growing up. my first thrashers jersey was the t-bird/batwing i got back in 2000.

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

Rich Karlis! My Dad surprised me before Super Bowl XXI. I was 6 years old!....

a20792b129edd9a752e7e4_m.jpg

Cleveland fans are known for their bitching and misery, but I've never heard them blame that loss on that field goal being WIDE LEFT -- cause it really was. The refs fvcked that one up.

/hijack

6uXNWAo.png

1988.xx.xx%20Sears%20Christmas%20Catalog%20P574.jpg

Had the 49ers uniform, #16. :D

I had one of those sets, for the Patriots. But in the 70s, the jersey did not have any markings aside from stripes. I ended up drawing my own name and number on it with a marker.

My first replica jersey I remember having was a St Louis Cardinals home jersey. I was 12, wanted an authentic-looking one, and the Cards was the only one that fit.

The next time I got a replica was in college, I got a black Orlando Magic Shaquille O'Neal jersey.

My first game-worn hockey jersey was a blue UMass-Lowell Shawn Storozuk (#22). Always loved that style, based on the NY Rangers blue.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

1988.xx.xx%20Sears%20Christmas%20Catalog%20P574.jpg

Had the 49ers uniform, #16. :D

I forgot about those. I had Bears, Panthers, and Packers sets. I believe the Bears set was first, followed by the Panthers, then Packers. They're all probably still around somewhere.

spacer.png

VerbeekNJ.jpg

Dad went to the local sports store and had them heat-press Verbeek's name and number onto the 1980's super-polyester youth jersey for me.

I was a huge Verbeek fan as a kid.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

First jersey was in 1998 when I got a Keyshawn Johnson Jets jersey. My original intention was to get a Rams Isaac Bruce jersey (blue and yellow), but the jersey store didn't have my size.

To this day my jersey tendenceis have been limited to my Tampa Bay teams. I still dont know why I was interested in so many ones from other teams.

My first jerseys were a Heat #10 Tim Hardaway and a white, blank, Panthers sweater. I don't remember which came first.

Then I got a Dan Marino jersey for my birthday, but it was the wrong size, so my parents took me to the store to return it and I got a Dolphins #33 Karim Abdul-Jabbar jersey instead, this was 1996 right before they changed to the new logo and uniforms. Should've kept the Marino one lol.

Archived