Logolympiad: Event #5

What I should be doing is finishing up some stuff for work so I don't get my ass fired.

What I took a half-hour doing, instead, was making my entry for this, based on a picture out the back door of the office; basically, the view from my cubical.

05%20-%20Springtime%20in%20Minnesota%20album%20cover.png

*cough* Yeah right. That's also the view from the back of my house. *cough*

I saw, I came, I left.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blah blah blah. ;)

I took the picture myself. Here's the original (well, once I resized it for decent use; I still have the raw camera file around here somewhere, but it's BIG):

2004-04-13-d.jpg

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Burnsville, Minnesota, a southern suburb of Minneapolis.

Here's an overhead view of the office and the pond, from Microsoft's TerraServer.

The picture's from April 1991, according to that site, so none of the houses that are on the other end of the lake show up there. The building's older than I thought, if it was there in 1991.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Here's my entry into the mix.Since I split time between Crossett,AR and Monroe,LA

I had 2 different locales to pick from.The first month that came to mind was August,since that is my birth month.I tried to think of things that tie in with August and other than football preseason and back to school,the #1 thought was heat.

Because of the Ouachita(pronounced 'washataw')River,Monroe is MUCH hotter in August than Crossett and so that was my title.Then I needed a subtle way of getting the idea of heat out there,and I thought of a hot August day stuck inside during a blackout with no AC.My girlfriend Rachel volunteered for the pic,and I took a spray bottle and sprayed droplets of water on her to show sweat,and I thought the B&W pic also set off the 'heat' theme.A hidden image in the pic is the clock,which I set the hands to 2 and 1 for 'Robbman21'.Feedback?Thought?Enjoy!

August_In_Monroe.jpg

98Falcons.png

Okay, that's it! Robbman wins the gold medal.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Here's my entry. A bit of a fantasy I guess. Used one of my many pics from this season. I took the liberty to make my own, new Parental Advisory. Maybe somebody will catch it.

The only thing that I don't know about is the font of the title, but at the same time I like it.

Here it goes:

albumcover.jpg

Here's my entry. A bit of a fantasy I guess. Used one of my many pics from this season. I took the liberty to make my own, new Parental Advisory. Maybe somebody will catch it.

The only thing that I don't know about is the font of the title, but at the same time I like it.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

payno_lake.jpg

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

hey pay,

niceeee

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

because nobody actually says "I'm going to go to the Blink one-eighty-two concert on Tuesday."

thats cuz blink182 is garbage

(i'm sorry it had to be said)

Blink 182's garbage? So how do you classify Garbage?

I saw, I came, I left.

don't want to get into a music fight on my 1st and 2nd posts (although i did bring it up) on a very cool thread... i just feel that blink182 sold out their fans years ago and have been makin crap branding it as punk...i would post my own cd cover but my skills aren't good enough yet :wacko:

don't want to get into a music fight on my 1st and 2nd posts (although i did bring it up) on a very cool thread... i just feel that blink182 sold out their fans years ago and have been makin crap branding it as punk...i would post my own cd cover but my skills aren't good enough yet :wacko:

Was it REALLY necessary to say something about Blink 182 in this thread,and on your first post at that?I know I should leave the policing to others and so I will but

please let's keep the thread topics in hand of what they are supposed to be and not spirited thoughts on what band sucks and which ones dont.This is not fanhome's forum.

98Falcons.png

Robbman-

Your girlfriend looks just like Shannon Elizabeth (the actress who I believe played in American Pie)! She's very beautiful (note: I'm saying this in a complimentary, non-sleazy, Christian sort of way) and your CD cover looks great because of her. Well done Robb (and well done, Lord!!).

August_In_Monroe.jpg

Not to be a dick or anything robbman, but your girlfriend's a cutie. Nice catch, and nice cover.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Archived