2011 NFL Season

TBGKon

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, I thought we were going to win that game against the Jets tonight. We had them right where we wanted them, and we let it slip from our grasp. We just had really awful, awful timing with our turnovers. But, I gotta give it up to the Jets. They are one helluva a football team. So, I'm not going to hang my head over a loss tonight because we played better than I expected, to be honest, and we lost to a really good football team. I can guarantee that Garrett won't let the Cowboys fall apart like we did tonight again.

Things the Cowboys need to address: We need more cornerbacks. We didn't have Newman to begin with, then we lost Scandrick and Jenkins was in and out of the game. You cannot expect to win when your three best DB's aren't playing, especially against a team like the Jets.

Bottom Line: Cowboys, to me, showed that they are for real. Barring some key mistakes on our part, we win this game easily. But, again, you gotta give credit for the Jets. They made key plays, and took advantage of Cowboys mistakes when they needed it most. Great game to start out the year.

Bring on the 49ers!

EDIT: Also, Dez getting hurt really changed the game for us.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Man, I thought we were going to win that game against the Jets tonight. We had them right where we wanted them, and we let it slip from our grasp. We just had really awful, awful timing with our turnovers. But, I gotta give it up to the Jets. They are one helluva a football team. So, I'm not going to hang my head over a loss tonight because we played better than I expected, to be honest, and we lost to a really good football team. I can guarantee that Garrett

won't let the Cowboys fall apart like we did tonight again.

Things the Cowboys need to address: We need more cornerbacks. We didn't have Newman to begin with, then we lost Scandrick and Jenkins was in and out of the game. You cannot expect to win when your three best DB's aren't

playing, especially against a team like the Jets.

Bottom Line: Cowboys, to me, showed that they are for real. Barring some key mistakes on our part, we win this game easily. But, again, you gotta give credit for the Jets. They made key plays, and took advantage of Cowboys mistakes when they needed it most. Great game to start

out the year.

Bring on the 49ers!

Jenkins performance was solid, especially after he stood up Plaxico on that one catch. Gutty effort by him.

I don't know what to expect against you guys next week. The Niners need to boost their running game. (I'm a little worried about Gore. He looked average today against an average defense.) If we can stop Ware, etc from getting in Smiths' grill then I like our chances more.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

- Browns fans will point to all of their penalties as giving away the game, but from my eye, the Bengals belonged on the field with them. They were the better team and didn't make the litany of mistakes the Browns made. From what I could tell, the Browns were heavily overrated by their own fans, and the Bengals were heavily underrated by the Browns fans. Watching them trying to come up with excuses is hilarious.

- Lastly, aghahahahahahahahahahahaha. I had no expectations coming into this game and figured that best case scenario would be not getting blown out with our rookie quarterback. I'm so pleasantly surprised. As the kids say, we "trolled" Cleveland. U mad?

Does "the Browns really suck" count as an excuse? If so, then put that one down as mine. So here's what coach Shurmur had to say about the "we had our heads up our asses so the Bengals took advantage of our stupidity" touchdown pass to A.J. Green: "My understanding is when the offense changes personnel, the defense is allowed to do so as well and have time to do it." Oh, well that's different. It's OK to get smoked for a TD due to stupidity as long as you go to the "they cheated" defense. :rolleyes:

On your interactions with my fellow Browns fans; you have to respect their consistency. They never disappoint. Nothing like belonging to a fan base that, among other things, has managed to annoy so many people that there's now a term for it; "Cleve-jacked." Nice work on that one gang. Long story short, enjoy yourself McCarthy. We got exactly what we deserved today.

On the bright side, I did manage to come up with a new slogan for the Browns: "Relentless ineptitude."

BB52Big.jpg

What a win!

The Jets played with a lot of rust and not much passion, but the defense and special teams stepped up HUGE when needed. As usual, the Jets are a "second half team", therefore I can honestly say, not once was I worried. Had a good feeling Romo would do his part, and as expected, he did. B)

6uXNWAo.png

WHAT A GAME! That 4th quarter was the most fun I've ever had at a Jet game. (I left the Monday Night Miracle down30-7 at the end of the 3rd).

On edit: Maybe that's hyperbole...I was at a 41-0 trouncing of the Colts in the '02 Wild Card game...but this was AWESOME.

Still have no pass rush though, that worries me. Romo had enough time to make a pot of coffee almost every time he dropped back.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Man, I thought we were going to win that game against the Jets tonight. We had them right where we wanted them, and we let it slip from our grasp. We just had really awful, awful timing with our turnovers. But, I gotta give it up to the Jets. They are one helluva a football team. So, I'm not going to hang my head over a loss tonight because we played better than I expected, to be honest, and we lost to a really good football team. I can guarantee that Garrett

won't let the Cowboys fall apart like we did tonight again.

Things the Cowboys need to address: We need more cornerbacks. We didn't have Newman to begin with, then we lost Scandrick and Jenkins was in and out of the game. You cannot expect to win when your three best DB's aren't

playing, especially against a team like the Jets.

Bottom Line: Cowboys, to me, showed that they are for real. Barring some key mistakes on our part, we win this game easily. But, again, you gotta give credit for the Jets. They made key plays, and took advantage of Cowboys mistakes when they needed it most. Great game to start

out the year.

Bring on the 49ers!

Jenkins performance was solid, especially after he stood up Plaxico on that one catch. Gutty effort by him.

I don't know what to expect against you guys next week. The Niners need to boost their running game. (I'm a little worried about Gore. He looked average today against an average defense.) If we can stop Ware, etc from getting in Smiths' grill then I like our chances more.

Definitely, Jenkins played great. But when he wasn't on the field, that's when Plaxico took over.

Frank is definitely a good back. Cowboys need to game plan for him, and your WR's. Crabtree and Braylon are pretty good receivers.

Ware is a beast. He'll be hard to stop/contain. I just wish I could go to the game next sunday. I live in LA and SF is my favorite city, plus it isn't that far away. It'll be a fun game either way.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Does "the Browns really suck" count as an excuse? If so, then put that one down as mine. So here's what coach Shurmur had to say about the "we had our heads up our asses so the Bengals took advantage of our stupidity" touchdown pass to A.J. Green: "My understanding is when the offense changes personnel, the defense is allowed to do so as well and have time to do it." Oh, well that's different. It's OK to get smoked for a TD due to stupidity as long as you go to the "they cheated" defense. :rolleyes:

*Maniacal Laughter*

I'm so glad he isn't in St. Louis anymore.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Great play by McKnight and the special teams, he was untouched. Always happy to see the Cowboys lose.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Worried about the Jets running game.

The Jets run game was off -- the pass rush wasn't all there tonight -- and Mark Sanchez played a pretty sub-par game. Not sure how he was able to rack up 335 yards passing, especially considering how stale the offense seemed. He also air-mailed his receivers on several "could've been big-play" passes. But I guess that's Mark Sanchez for you. Some of it could also be rust though. It's only Week 1, and the Jets are 1-0, so I'm not even gonna think about any 'panic button' yet.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived