2011 NFL Season

TBGKon

Marshall collapses on the field, not sure if it's cramps or what.

His wife put money on the Fins, and he just realized what's going to be waiting for him when he gets home.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This broncos/raiders game needs more flags. Sloppy stupid football so far.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Raiders take the lead, Campbell to M. Reese for a score, started with a blocked punt.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

haha, I KNEW I heard jaws drop the S bomb, but I would too if I had to watch the phins suck at life.

edit: rain is POURING in denver, lots of fights on the field, this game is gonna be interesting.

twitter

Tom Brady is amazing. That was probably the best performance in the modern era, only All Day's 296 as a rookie against the Chargers rivals tonight.

Well, I guess it depends on how far your definition of "the modern era" stretches, but what about when Marino threw for 521 yards in a game against the Jets?

Probably within the last 20 years. I don't know era names. Matt Dunigan's 714 comes to mind, and that was in 1994.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

There really hasn't been much defense this week. Packers, Steelers, Jets, New England... all gave up a ton of yardage this week.

Agreed. This week's games look more like someone playing Madden than they do NFL football. Don't get me wrong, I like seeing offense but this is just a bit much. Maybe it's just me, but these shootouts are a little boring.

BB52Big.jpg

Tom Brady is amazing. That was probably the best performance in the modern era, only All Day's 296 as a rookie against the Chargers rivals tonight.

Well, I guess it depends on how far your definition of "the modern era" stretches, but what about when Marino threw for 521 yards in a game against the Jets?

We all know that the NFL didn't really exist before Super Bowl I. So let's figure it out from there. We'll call 1966-1979 the deadball era. For 1980-1990 let's go with the golden age. 1990-2000 is the decade of the pitcher. 2001-2006 can be the age of Aquarius. By my count, that makes 2007-present day as the modern era.

Does that work for everyone?

Anyway... Am I the only one who not only wasn't surprised, but was actually expecting the 99 and a half yard TD pass? God's honest truth; after the Dolphins blew it on fourth and goal and the Patriots lined up, my first thought was we're about to see another *99 yards and a half play on MNF.

* For the young folk, "99 yards and a half" is what one of the MNF announcers said when Tony Dorsett broke off a 99 yd TD run against the Vikings on MNF in 1983.

BB52Big.jpg

Ron Jawarski was doing Eagles pre-game radio during pre-season of 1992 (or 1993, can't remember.) I went up to the table during a ommercial to get his autograph on a football card, and he was so drunk he signed it upside down and couldn't stop swearing (in a funny way, not mean) and was barely able to keep his eyes open and sit up straight. I can't imagine that person being a legit candidate for Eagles GM in the late '90s and the MNF color guy now (not that MNF color guy is a really prestigious title.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived