2011 NFL Season

TBGKon

Tom Brady, when asked if he had a message for Pats fans before their home opener against the Chargers, responded by saying "start drinking early....get rowdy". A Patriots spokesman subsequently released a statement saying "stay hydrated, drink lot's of water, and drink responsibly." He is currently getting some laughs and a free pass from Trey Wingo and the other NFL Live analysts.

If Rex Ryan or Mark Sanchez had said that, they'd get roasted by the media. Just sayin'.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty bad for Url and his family, sucks to lose your mom at any age. I'm not sure if he's going to want to play Sunday, but hopefully football can take his mind off of his loss. I don't think anyone would think less of him if he didn't want to be in the Superdome on Sunday.

I bet he'll play. I remember when Frank Gore's mom died in 07, he didn't practice at all, but put the team on his back with 2 TDs in a 1 point win in St. Louis. Hopefully for you guys he does.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Tedy-Bruschi-is-mad-at-Ochocinco-for-appreciatin?urn=nfl-wp7080

I don't understand why Bruschi is so mad at Ochocinco here. I think it is perfectly fine for anyone, including a Patriot to be impressed by a 517 yard performance by a QB. Bruschi just needs to take a deep breath and realize it really is not that big of a deal. It seems like he is just looking for a reason to get mad at someone.

RS-1.png?t=1312302854Bruins.png?t=1312302924Pats3.png?t=1312302963Cel.png?t=1312303005

Bruschi just needs to take a deep breath and realize his opinion really is not that big of a deal.

There we go.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Every time I have to hear the sappy, glossed-over "Patriot Way" garbage from the media, I have to stop from puking in my mouth. It's outrageous how ESPN expects us to believe that the culture of the Patriots is anything other than (formerly) cheating, oversecrecy (it's just a damn game, Belichick, it's not nuclear warfare), and an unnecessarily confrontational and haughty attitude towards the local media. Bruschi's sanctimonious ranting on ESPN is just an extension of that charade (and an excuse for them to shove Boston sports down the rest of the country's throats once again).

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I read the tweet Ochocinco tweeted and I have no idea what Bruschi's problem is. He said he was in awe of what Brady was doing on Monday. He's been catching passes from John Kitna and Carson Palmer for the last 8 years, you'd be in awe too.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The situation is very delicate, obviously, but I am told Brian Urlacher plans on playing for #Bears Sunday at #Saints per brad biggs twitter.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I read the tweet Ochocinco tweeted and I have no idea what Bruschi's problem is. He said he was in awe of what Brady was doing on Monday. He's been catching passes from John Kitna and Carson Palmer for the last 8 years, you'd be in awe too.

I have a feeling Bruschi's real problem is that Ochocinco is tweeting at all, in a 'what goes on inside the clubhouse, stays in the clubhouse' kind of way. The Pats were always good at keeping the attention of themselves in Bruschi's day, and he is just taking the standard sports pundit position of 'things were better in my day'.

One day the media will figure that sports guys tweeting doesn't have to be a bad thing!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

For all the hate on Ocho the guy is a damn good role model for a lot of pro athletes, at least in terms of his lifestyle of no drugs/alcohol and his transparency to the fans via social media (despite it's drawbacks).

twitter

Every time I have to hear the sappy, glossed-over "Patriot Way" garbage from the media, I have to stop from puking in my mouth. It's outrageous how ESPN expects us to believe that the culture of the Patriots is anything other than (formerly) cheating, oversecrecy (it's just a damn game, Belichick, it's not nuclear warfare), and an unnecessarily confrontational and haughty attitude towards the local media. Bruschi's sanctimonious ranting on ESPN is just an extension of that charade (and an excuse for them to shove Boston sports down the rest of the country's throats once again).

The first of your 6,799 posts I agree with. I can't stand watching ESPN when Bruschi is on it

Tom Brady, when asked if he had a message for Pats fans before their home opener against the Chargers, responded by saying "start drinking early....get rowdy". A Patriots spokesman subsequently released a statement saying "stay hydrated, drink lot's of water, and drink responsibly." He is currently getting some laughs and a free pass from Trey Wingo and the other NFL Live analysts.

If Rex Ryan or Mark Sanchez had said that, they'd get roasted by the media. Just sayin'.

Drink water responsibly? I suppose that's good advice for people in Texas these days, at least...

CCSLC signature.png

Urlacher will play, Barber's out again (cowboys fans - should I get used to saying that?), Chris Harris & Roy Williams are game time decision, Lance Louis is out.

A lot of the "experts" are saying the Falcons are a better team than New Orleans, yet the Saints are favored to win at home by a touchdown. I'm wondering if the "playing angry" holds water, since the Saints were robbed of their great triumph over Green Bay.

twitter

Worth considering is that Martzball is better suited to the Superdome than it is to Soldier Field, and the Bears have to practice with crowd noise for home games. Also, Sean Payton's Saints have never beaten Lovie Smith's Bears. Saints will probably win because they're God's Team but it might not necessarily be easy.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The first of your 6,799 posts I agree with. I can't stand watching ESPN when Bruschi is on it

So now you resort to personal attacks? That's great.

6fQjS3M.png

Archived