College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

To me, orange and black sucks anyway for school colors. Adding gray, especially a dingy gray like Oklahoma State has, just makes it look like a mess.

I will give OSU credit, though, for the stripes. Those stripes look sharp. But the overall color combination ... yuck.

I find this funny, since the only thing I dislike about that set are the incomplete stripes down the pants.

I think black and orange is a combo that can function well enough without a third "color", if you will, but OSU pulls it off pretty well. Probably because they use gray in lieu of using white anywhere on their ensemble.

spacer.png

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me, orange and black sucks anyway for school colors. Adding gray, especially a dingy gray like Oklahoma State has, just makes it look like a mess.

I will give OSU credit, though, for the stripes. Those stripes look sharp. But the overall color combination ... yuck.

I find this funny, since the only thing I dislike about that set are the incomplete stripes down the pants.

I think black and orange is a combo that can function well enough without a third "color", if you will, but OSU pulls it off pretty well. Probably because they use gray in lieu of using white anywhere on their ensemble.

I agree...with winghaz.

My one complaint with OSU's new look is that it doesn't use this number font:

51692131_display_image.jpg

See, I think that number font is hideous. Looks bush league. Or Russell-esque. Either way, it's pretty bad.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

See, I think that number font is hideous. Looks bush league. Or Russell-esque. Either way, it's pretty bad.

Russell wishes they had that font. Of course half of their teams would wear it before their defacto "sci-fi/ sporty" font they use now.

Notre Dames helmets for this weekend against maryland pulling the picture from their facebook page

384386_10150378030034705_112669694704_8408055_232379342_n.jpg

I love the logo and the green facemask, but is that a diamond-plate gold design? This would have looked better with their normal Gold Domes, however, I give Notre Dame props for stepping outside their box again this season and coming up with a new modern design.

Nevermind the shamrock... Why not green facemasks on a more permanent basis?

/ducks

Amen! Those facemasks are a MAJOR improvement over grey anyday!

spacer.png

didn't sports belle do those...either way those numbers always reminded me of a 1st generation digital alarm clock

Disagree. It matches OSU's logo:

Osu_ath_brand.png

And it goes better with a modern look than plain athletic block.

That font that you are showing Oklahoma State wearing, is just plain crap. All the justification in the world can't change that it's pure crap. Why else do you think they left that font in the past?

Arizona State is asking their fans to wear black on Saturday, does that mean another full blackout?

To clarify, this is for the UofA game on the 19th and not this Saturday's game.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Arizona State is asking their fans to wear black on Saturday, does that mean another full blackout?

I'd hope not. I mean it's the ASU/UA game. Wear traditional uniform combos for a traditional rivalry game. (Although I guess that didn't stop Oregon, but whatever.) I'd hope ASU would have some sense of that and wear the right jersey.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

From what I've heard from my Tech buddies, the Yellow Jackets will wear white lids tonight. Gold "GT" logo, blue-gold-blue helmet stripe, and navy blue facemask.

It's a white-out game, and my friend who works in the athletic facilities says he personally saw the helmets. Should be a sweet look. Aside from the school in Pennsylvania that must not be named, Georgia Tech owns white.

I'm guessing we won't see those black helmets. Must have been a prototype or something. I'm assuming, if they were real, there would be black jerseys and pants to go with it. For a team that uses navy blue and gold, the thought of combining that with black makes me cringe.

Archived