College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I'm surprised that this site isn't exploding over the USF helmet. I guess there's been so many changes that it's not a big deal now.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

This is what happened....Coach Dooley didn't like how the orange looked on our white techfit jerseys so we're getting those redone and in the meantime we have to wear those whites. We will be back in techfit on the road again next year.

Maybe. Many of the players, especially the linemen, prefer this new cut of jersey. It's the same one that Wisconsin is using this year. Adidas, obviously would prefer they use the Techfit as advertising, because they do a better margin on selling those to high school teams. But the situation they're in is that Wisconsin has flat refused to wear them, Michigan has worn them on and off, and because they had an issue with the number color, we had to go to this other set, which players now prefer.

The odd thing about the Techfit is they're super tight, except they're not. When you put one on, even without pads, it's form-fitting but not even as tight as the compression undershirts. Not uncomfortable at all. The issue that they've discovered is, while tight, they're also flexible enough to be grabbed and held, which was exactly what they were developed to try to prevent.

This is what happened....Coach Dooley didn't like how the orange looked on our white techfit jerseys so we're getting those redone and in the meantime we have to wear those whites. We will be back in techfit on the road again next year.

Maybe. Many of the players, especially the linemen, prefer this new cut of jersey. It's the same one that Wisconsin is using this year. Adidas, obviously would prefer they use the Techfit as advertising, because they do a better margin on selling those to high school teams. But the situation they're in is that Wisconsin has flat refused to wear them, Michigan has worn them on and off, and because they had an issue with the number color, we had to go to this other set, which players now prefer.

The odd thing about the Techfit is they're super tight, except they're not. When you put one on, even without pads, it's form-fitting but not even as tight as the compression undershirts. Not uncomfortable at all. The issue that they've discovered is, while tight, they're also flexible enough to be grabbed and held, which was exactly what they were developed to try to prevent.

So it has nothing to do with Coach Dooley liking/not liking the color of the orange numbers?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

So it has nothing to do with Coach Dooley liking/not liking the color of the orange numbers?

That was why the original white Techfits were sent back. See my earlier post in this thread after the Alabama game:

Long story, but here goes:

Our head coach felt that the numbers on the original TechFit white jerseys were not the proper color orange. So he sent them back before the Florida game. Because of the short turnaround time, they removed the sewn numbers and screen printed the numbers and sent them back in time to wear at the swamp. Adidas couldn't get a new set of TechFits made on the timeframe needed, so they had a regular set made and numbered by Ripon to be worn for tonight's game, and I believe for the rest of the year.

In the meantime, some players (definitely not all) have commented about how they prefer the fit of the standard jersey. We'll see what comes back next year. I would imagine TechFits, but we'll see.

Not disagreeing bc I don't know, but I watch ALOT of high school football and I don't think I've ever seen an adidas jersey, let alone a tech-fit one.

That was why the original white Techfits were sent back. See my earlier post in this thread after the Alabama game:

Long story, but here goes:

Our head coach felt that the numbers on the original TechFit white jerseys were not the proper color orange. So he sent them back before the Florida game. Because of the short turnaround time, they removed the sewn numbers and screen printed the numbers and sent them back in time to wear at the swamp. Adidas couldn't get a new set of TechFits made on the timeframe needed, so they had a regular set made and numbered by Ripon to be worn for tonight's game, and I believe for the rest of the year.

In the meantime, some players (definitely not all) have commented about how they prefer the fit of the standard jersey. We'll see what comes back next year. I would imagine TechFits, but we'll see.

Gotcha - I didn't see the earlier post.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Not disagreeing bc I don't know, but I watch ALOT of high school football and I don't think I've ever seen an adidas jersey, let alone a tech-fit one.

I have seen alot of small colleges and high schools around the Knoxville area wearing them but they probably aren't too widespread yet.

Wow, I'm surprised that this site isn't exploding over the USF helmet. I guess there's been so many changes that it's not a big deal now.

Maybe they will now since you started a seperate thread on it.

They look horrible. It's UA, so no one is surprised. We've seen worse this season.

My high school wore/still wears adidas and when we ordered new ones a year ago they sent us a tech-fit sample that our coach let a few of us try on. Not many of us liked it so he ordered the regular fit. Even without the techfit cut the adidas jersey already had extremely form fitting sleeves so it kinda felt superfluous and honestly felt less quality.

ClicktoViewFull-ScreenImage.jpg

(our uniforms for reference)

THIS is what Coastal Carolina wore against VMI

303056_2636635643893_1495536784_32917659_1680598884_n.jpg

I kid you not.

LOL nothing like killing two birds with one stone!

They want to act more like dogs

Do any division 1 football teams wear teal?

Ummmmm... Coastal Carolina? The team in the picture.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I kid you not.

They are 1-AA not 1

I kid you not.

They are 1-AA not 1

I-AA doesn't exist anymore. They're FCS. FBS and FCS are technically both division 1.

Archived