College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

I know it's kinda old but here's a good look at the back of Cal's white helmet

All_white_everything_Oregon_2.jpg

Didn't know it said California on the back

i didnt realize that is what it said for a while and that is my favorite team; i like the look of the white helmet, and i wish we would have a gold helmet as well to pair with the blue jersey/gold pants look

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why in the world is Virginia Tech wearing those ugly white pants without the stripes again? Well, the helmet tonight is maroon and the jersey is orange.

Probably because they're generally pretty anal about matching their stripes...

I just wish VT would be consistent. Either wear pants with stripes or no stripes. Helmets with stripes or no stripes. BTW the white helmet with stripes would have looked alot better with the orange jersey and white pants than the maroon helmet did.

VT has no identity whatsoever...while all of their looks are traditional they all seem to be mixed and matched at random and have no real flow or aesthetic appeal

Normally, I'm quite a bit lax with the whole "identity" thing, but i completely agree. Virginia needs to decide whether their modern or traditional. Having elements of both really doesn't work for them. Also, they need to ditch the orange helmet, and bring back the white non throwback.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Those Cal white helmets are a mess. Waaaaaay too many competing elements on the back, leading to clutter.

And no thanks on the gold helmets. I still think this is Cal's best look:

ncf_a_best1_sq_300.jpg

It's bad enough when they ruin those fantastic yellow jerseys with yellow pants. Full-on banana suits would be a complete aesthetic disaster, and we all know they'd eventually roll out that combo if given the chance.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Those Cal white helmets are a mess. Waaaaaay too many competing elements on the back, leading to clutter.

And no thanks on the gold helmets. I still think this is Cal's best look:

ncf_a_best1_sq_300.jpg

It's bad enough when they ruin those fantastic yellow jerseys with yellow pants. Full-on banana suits would be a complete aesthetic disaster, and we all know they'd eventually roll out that combo if given the chance.

remember the joe roth era throwbacks they wore a couple years back? i was thinking more along the lines of that, not one in the current scheme they have, and i also like the blue-gold-bluelook they wear, as well as the blue-out ones they wear

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

I know it's kinda old but here's a good look at the back of Cal's white helmet

All_white_everything_Oregon_2.jpg

Didn't know it said California on the back

i didnt realize that is what it said for a while and that is my favorite team; i like the look of the white helmet, and i wish we would have a gold helmet as well to pair with the blue jersey/gold pants look

Those white helmets are a great alternate to their blue helmets! I love this look from Cal.

black

2011-H-B-1.png

2011-J-W.png

2011-P-O.png

spacer.png

That longer, skinny, beveled "UH" that's on the banner hanging behind the gameday crew on Houston's campus is the "UH" that Houston is going towards next year for athletics branding.

I've been seeing that logo on billboards around Houston for a couple of months now. I like it way more than the current Kentucky knock off. My understanding is that the school has been using the skinny UH as part of its academic branding and never switched over the the current athletic dept logo back in the 90's. I sure hope the athletic department goes back to the original UH

Illinois is wearing a black circular sticker on the back of the helmets with "TRU" on it for Trulon Henry who was shot last weekend. They're also rotating around his #9 jersey for the rest of the season on the defense. The weird thing about this is that he's had surgery on the hand he was shot in and is going to recover fine i a month or two. Seems a little excessive for what happened.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Eww Kentucky, eww. White-White-Blue. Those blue shoulder panels are A) hideous and B) stupid.

The only thing hideous about this set is the white stripe on the helmet. I love it and I hope they start wearing blue pants on the road from now on. It would be better with the blue helmet though.

Honoring the states heritage by honoring horse racing and the greatest horse ever is never stupid. :D

spacer.png

The broadcast for the Harvard-Yale game is from the Harvard side of the field. This means the Y at midfield is upside down. Seems like a silly mistake that someone, particularly someone at an Ivy League school, should've thought to correct before the game.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived