College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

University of Georgia sports information department has confirmed the Dawgs will be in red jerseys and "silver" britches against LSU, despite the fact the seniors asked earlier in the year to wear the Pro Combat uniforms again if they made it to the dome. Can't argue. I think Georgia vs. LSU makes for one of the more beautiful games in CFB.

slideshow_901354_gafoot.1026-bs14.jpg

=) That's beautiful

I mentioned in a thread a while back that this was probably my favorite uniform matchup in college football. I'd call it a tie with the LSU-Ole Miss matchup when the Rebels wear their red jerseys. I'm just a sucker for the yellow-red matchups. That said, it'll be played under the lights at the Georgia Dome which is a far cry from the natural settings at the different schools.

LSU's yellow doesn't work for every matchup, though. I'm pretty sure the ugliest uniform game I ever watched was the LSU-Tennessee SEC title game a few years back. LSU's yellow with Tennessee's faded orange is just tough on the eyes. Tennesse was in all orange, too, which didn't help:

2007_SEC_championship_game.jpg

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
and of course any SEC win is impressive when compared to the quality of the high-school teams in the so-called "mountain west" conference.
Yes... when I think of Vandy, Ole Miss, Kentucky, and Tennessee, "impressive" is the word that comes to mind. :rolleyes:

Even the mediocre SEC teams would beat all but 2 teams in the Mountain West, it's all relative. Don't think for a second that the dawgs aren't good enough to give the #1 team in the country a run for their money, even though we were given an easy schedule this year.

He also hasn't done well as a coach in regular uniforms too....maybe they should dump those too
He's won 10 straight. I'd say that's pretty good.
Of course none of those 10 wins was against a team currently ranked in the top 25.
Auburn and Tech were both ranked at the time, and of course any SEC win is impressive when compared to the quality of the high-school teams in the so-called "mountain west" conference.
So no wins over any team currently ranked? Got it. And 0-1 vs. the "high-school teams in the so-called "mountain west" conference?" Ouch. That's not very good. I guess you are easily impressed.

So you guys have one BCS buster school year after year, congrats on that one. I'm easily impressed? I don't see how you can't be impressed when you see 10 straight wins, 3 of them being in intense rivalry games, and 2 of those rivalry wins being completely dominant. I'm sensing some non-SEC angst here, but you know what, I expect that from conferences with 1 or 2 good teams and the rest being complete amateurs. And put TCU in the SEC--- I'm thinking 7-5. I'll admit boise is good, but UGA has gotten better each game, and I guarantee we'd win in a rematch at this point in the season. Don't be surprised if the bulldogs are seriously contending for the national championship next year.

I think there is also a distinct difference between a Boise win in their out of conference schedule, vs. say if Boise were an SEC school and had to REGULARLY play SEC games. If they played SEC week in, week out, I think they would be a good team, but they would probably be an 8-4, 9-3 squad, or something more along those lines. It's a different story when you have to do it on the regular. I know that doesn't discount the opener since both schools had all offseason to prep for it, but Boise wouldn't go their usual 12-0, 11-1, or 10-2 in the SEC.

I think there is also a distinct difference between a Boise win in their out of conference schedule, vs. say if Boise were an SEC school and had to REGULARLY play SEC games. If they played SEC week in, week out, I think they would be a good team, but they would probably be an 8-4, 9-3 squad, or something more along those lines. It's a different story when you have to do it on the regular. I know that doesn't discount the opener since both schools had all offseason to prep for it, but Boise wouldn't go their usual 12-0, 11-1, or 10-2 in the SEC.

Wyoming would go 7-5 in the SEC this year. If they played the type of OOC that SEC teams play, Depending on who they played in conference, they could go 3-5 or 4-4 in conference. Boise would go 11-1. The SEC is bad this year.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Who cares? "Well, shoot, y'all team wouldn't win so much in the ESS EEE SEE, PAWWWWLLL" is the biggest copout argument. You play the teams that you're obligated to play in your conference schedule, period. Sorry the Mountain West schedule isn't SEC-approved.

I'm just saying it goes both ways. People are discounting Georgia and writing them off saying the schedule wasn't hard enough. You specifically noted some opponents and said "Yes... when I think of Vandy, Ole Miss, Kentucky, and Tennessee, "impressive" is the word that comes to mind. ". Like you said it's just the obligatory conference schedule. Your Boise team has the same situation with their required conference slate, and there's nothing wrong with that. It's simply the way it is. But that's certainly not anything "Impressive", either. It goes both ways. We're 10-2, I'm damn happy where we are right now. And that's good enough for me.

Wyoming would go 7-5 in the SEC this year. If they played the type of OOC that SEC teams play, Depending on who they played in conference, they could go 3-5 or 4-4 in conference. Boise would go 11-1. The SEC is bad this year.

I can see Boise going 10-2 in the SEC. They'd go 4-0 in OOC games. Losses to Alabama and LSU but wins over Arkansas and Florida. They'd be around #9 in the nation around this time. It's entirely possible.

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

No, the SEC is not "bad" by any means this year. The top three of the SEC West comprise 3 top ten teams, 2 of which will most likely compete for the title. The East, while weaker than the West, has two teams 10-2. Not that I'm a conference homer who always pulls for SEC, but it looks like a good conference year to me...especially when the SEC might sneak through a loophole to get 3 teams into the BCS this year.

and of course any SEC win is impressive when compared to the quality of the high-school teams in the so-called "mountain west" conference.
Yes... when I think of Vandy, Ole Miss, Kentucky, and Tennessee, "impressive" is the word that comes to mind. :rolleyes:

Even the mediocre SEC teams would beat all but 2 teams in the Mountain West, it's all relative. Don't think for a second that the dawgs aren't good enough to give the #1 team in the country a run for their money, even though we were given an easy schedule this year.

He also hasn't done well as a coach in regular uniforms too....maybe they should dump those too
He's won 10 straight. I'd say that's pretty good.
Of course none of those 10 wins was against a team currently ranked in the top 25.
Auburn and Tech were both ranked at the time, and of course any SEC win is impressive when compared to the quality of the high-school teams in the so-called "mountain west" conference.
So no wins over any team currently ranked? Got it. And 0-1 vs. the "high-school teams in the so-called "mountain west" conference?" Ouch. That's not very good. I guess you are easily impressed.

So you guys have one BCS buster school year after year, congrats on that one. I'm easily impressed? I don't see how you can't be impressed when you see 10 straight wins, 3 of them being in intense rivalry games, and 2 of those rivalry wins being completely dominant. I'm sensing some non-SEC angst here, but you know what, I expect that from conferences with 1 or 2 good teams and the rest being complete amateurs. And put TCU in the SEC--- I'm thinking 7-5. I'll admit boise is good, but UGA has gotten better each game, and I guarantee we'd win in a rematch at this point in the season. Don't be surprised if the bulldogs are seriously contending for the national championship next year.

I guess I don't understand your point. I never said New Mexico, Colorado State and UNLV were good. Georgia couldn't beat Boise in the closest thing to a home game possible and doesn't have a single win over a team currently ranked, but I'm supposed to be impressed?

Well, you're somewhat right. Except Wyoming already plays that cupcake out of conference schedule: Weber State, Texas State-San Marcos... Throw in conference games against UNLV and New Mexico. Yep, they are playing an SEC schedule, and they are 7-4 with an easy win to come! Sign Wyoming up for the SEC East. *sarcasm in that last sentence.*

Well, you're somewhat right. Except Wyoming already plays that cupcake out of conference schedule: Weber State, Texas State-San Marcos... Throw in conference games against UNLV and New Mexico. Yep, they are playing an SEC schedule, and they are 7-4 with an easy win to come! Sign Wyoming up for the SEC East. *sarcasm in that last sentence.*

They have the same record against teams currently ranked that Georgia does (0-2).

Hey let's leave Wyoming out this <_< I've been to damn near every one of their games this year and I will say that their record is a bit misleading. We are good but not great. Next year however I think a challenge for the conference title might happen. Hopefully. As for competing in the SEC I don't think that's even a question. Coaching can only take you so far and I'm not so sure that they even have that. Athletically Wyo will never compare to SEC schools. [/soapbox]. I am a big SEC fan and what they've been able to do. Why can't we all just get along haha. I didn't mean to start an argument about CFB in general earlier. I just meant to say that Georgia doesn't do good in alts.

It's a uniform thread, kids. Let's get back on the topic of, you know, uniforms.

Thanks.

- MGT

Good call. Any other alts in store for this weekend?

Wyoming will be wearing something special this weekend for the border war with CSU, I'm just not allowed to post a pic of it quite yet...

What's Oregon wearing in the Pac 12 title game?

If Boise regularly played SEC games they would get top flight recruits and big name coaches like all the BCS veteran SEC schools do, and they would contend. You send the kids on your team out to play whomever is on the schedule, and if they're good enough to win all their games, they should get a chance to go against the best. So far, it's largely worked out for the small conferences. Boise State's beaten Oklahoma, Utah has beaten Alabama and Pittsburgh, TCU has beaten Wisconsin, and Boise State beat TCU in a matchup of two of the best non-AQ teams of all time. Hawaii is the only one that hasn't lived up to the hype. Heck, Georgia lost a BCS bowl to a Big East team if we're going to start getting all SEC superiority complex on everyone.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

It's a uniform thread, kids. Let's get back on the topic of, you know, uniforms.

Thanks.

- MGT

Wyoming will be wearing something special this weekend for the border war with CSU, I'm just not allowed to post a pic of it quite yet...

According to the ESPN comments section, pink undies.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

If Boise regularly played SEC games they would get top flight recruits and big name coaches like all the BCS veteran SEC schools do, and they would contend. You send the kids on your team out to play whomever is on the schedule, and if they're good enough to win all their games, they should get a chance to go against the best. So far, it's largely worked out for the small conferences. Boise State's beaten Oklahoma, Utah has beaten Alabama and Pittsburgh, TCU has beaten Wisconsin, and Boise State beat TCU in a matchup of two of the best non-AQ teams of all time. Hawaii is the only one that hasn't lived up to the hype. Heck, Georgia lost a BCS bowl to a Big East team if we're going to start getting all SEC superiority complex on everyone.

agreed...other then the top 3 sec schools the rest pretty much fall in line with the rest of the nation...I also think being in a power conference could boost their standing even more.

the one thing to be said about the sec though is the d-line and db's that come out of that conference are consistently outclassing the rest of the country except for the times when miami and usc are hot.

Thanks.

- MGT

Their Facebook page posted the Pro Combat uniforms. I could see them wearing those in front of their home crowd. But then again it could be anything.

Edit: Also fans were told to wear green. Much speculation about new uniforms using green and yellow.

Thanks.

- MGT

Their Facebook page posted the Pro Combat uniforms. I could see them wearing those in front of their home crowd. But then again it could be anything.

Edit: Also fans were told to wear green. Much speculation about new uniforms using green and yellow.

Yellow out uniforms would be awesome.

Archived