College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

For one, I take it the "M" will be on each undersleeve? If that be the case, then it'll be overkill with the "M" already on the chest and pants. Second, Michigan with sleeve stripes like that just looks strange to me. If it were something like navy-white-maize-white-navy (which I believe they have worn in their history), that'd be cool, but two solid navy K-State-like stripes is just odd for Michigan. Not necessarily bad, just odd.

And finally, I don't understand why a team like Michigan feels like they need to trot out a special uniform for a bowl in the first place. It just seems like an unnecessary move for a traditional team to make, especially where their normal set is one of the best in sports.

Their home set is, their road set is horrid. And if adidas could figure out how to size the sleeves, should have been replaced this year.

Their road jersey is an inverse of their home jersey, plus maize trim on the numbers. I don't follow. :therock:

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Michigan Sugar Bowl uniforms.

1V7tj.jpg

54e1efeb_howaboutno.jpg

For one, I take it the "M" will be on each undersleeve? If that be the case, then it'll be overkill with the "M" already on the chest and pants. Second, Michigan with sleeve stripes like that just looks strange to me. If it were something like navy-white-maize-white-navy (which I believe they have worn in their history), that'd be cool, but two solid navy K-State-like stripes is just odd for Michigan. Not necessarily bad, just odd.

And finally, I don't understand why a team like Michigan feels like they need to trot out a special uniform for a bowl in the first place. It just seems like an unnecessary move for a traditional team to make, especially where their normal set is one of the best in sports.

I'm pretty sure they let the seniors pick the uniform, but the same holds true. Why? If you're going with a new uniform, do it, but don't wear four different ones in a season.

And I doubt you'll see too many players wearing the undersleeves, especially in an indoor game. I'm also pretty sure this getup includes numerals on the helmet and a grey facemask.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Michigan Sugar Bowl uniforms.

1V7tj.jpg

54e1efeb_howaboutno.jpg

I'm pretty sure they let the seniors pick the uniform, but the same holds true. Why? If you're going with a new uniform, do it, but don't wear four different ones in a season.

And I doubt you'll see too many players wearing the undersleeves, especially in an indoor game. I'm also pretty sure this getup includes numerals on the helmet and a grey facemask.

Honestly, they should just go Under the LIghts uniform for fulltime home, and this uniform for full time away. They're having a bunch of special uniforms that are only making minimal changes the the previous special uniforms. Plus, special uniforms are not special when you wear them all the time.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

The problem with that idea, Spleen, is because the road jerseys would look goofy with the yellow/blue design (like they wore against the Spartans). Plus, it would help if they moved the numbers to the center of the jersey and removed them from the top right chest.

They don't have the numbers there on this jersey. I think we're talking about different uniforms.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

So this isn't for the 2011 season, but it's still 2011 so I'm putting it here anyways.

Minnesota has just announced new uniforms, helmets before christmas and uniforms shortly after. They are releasing a portion from today until this coming Sunday. Here is part 1. Interesting to say the least.

5877692.jpeg

Looks like rust. I like the color very much. I hope they come to their senses and use a single, no-outline gold M on this helmet, and go back to the block numbers and gold pants.

Here is part 2 of the new Minnesota helmet

5879570.jpeg

Surely those have to be rear numbers, judging by the thickness of the decal and the fact that it would look terrible to have shiny rectangular decals on the side of a matte helmet.

I don't like Michigan's recent trend of making slight changes to a bunch of random throwbacks and wearing them in prime time games. IMO, their Under the Lights unis were perfect and they switch to those full time. These aren't doing it for me especially. The numbers remind me of thin baseball numbers and there isn't enough maize.

spacer.png

A better look at Michigan's Sugar Bowl jerseys:

Agverp_CQAAvxNq.jpg

So awesome. Couple that with white pants and high blue socks, and I'm all in. Love that we're finally mixing it up. We used to go blue on blue on Fridays when I was there for the walkthroughs...looked so badass.

What are the difference between these and the ones they work vs Michigan state?

A better look at Michigan's Sugar Bowl jerseys:

Agverp_CQAAvxNq.jpg

So awesome. Couple that with white pants and high blue socks, and I'm all in. Love that we're finally mixing it up. We used to go blue on blue on Fridays when I was there for the walkthroughs...looked so badass.

What are the difference between these and the ones they work vs Michigan state?

There was yellow between the stripes, and there was more stripes. basically the exact same shoulders as the uniform they wore vs notre dame

camnewton2.jpg

Auburn University Alum

Archived