College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

So I haven't seen this mentioned, but the Chick-fil-A Bowl between Auburn and Virgina is apparently going to be a colored-vs-colored jersey event. It should be an interesting look for the Georgia Dome since the schools share color schemes.

I can't wait to see this in person. I suspect it's going to look like a spring scrimmage (jerseys, and maybe the actual game as well....).

http://www.virginiasports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=17800&ATCLID=205345976

http://www.warblogle.com/2011/12/09/football/auburn-wearing-blue-virginia-wearing-orange/

AU-USU-Scoreboard.gif

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I haven't seen this mentioned, but the Chick-fil-A Bowl between Auburn and Virgina is apparently going to be a colored-vs-colored jersey event. It should be an interesting look for the Georgia Dome since the schools share color schemes.

I can't wait to see this in person. I suspect it's going to look like a spring scrimmage (jerseys, and maybe the actual game as well....).

http://www.virginiasports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=17800&ATCLID=205345976

http://www.warblogle.com/2011/12/09/football/auburn-wearing-blue-virginia-wearing-orange/

That's going to be great, I can't wait to go to that game.

Fun "fact"- it's said that auburn got it's color scheme from UVA.

camnewton2.jpg

Auburn University Alum

Uh oh, are they getting the ASU/OkSt treatment?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Considering that the white helmets they wore a couple of seasons ago went over like a wet fart in church, I'm betting they'll only have the one helmet. At least, I hope that's the case.

What I'm hoping for Minnesota:

Maroon helmet

Maroon, Gold/yellow, white jerseys

Maroon, Gold/yellow, white pants

I liked the white helmet though, but they probabley won't bring it back after the lack of success with it.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I love White Water's uniforms in the D3 championship.

I hate them. Way more black than I care to see on a uniform on which the main colors of the school are purple and silver. The numbers were almost difficult to see (it seemed the lights actually helped) and the collar didn't go with the black. Mount Union does the same thing when they are the home team in the D3 championship. Sorry, but it is like watching Northwestern U. play in mostly black uniforms. I just don't like it. I taught at UWW for three years, not that adds anything to conversation other than the fact that I am interested the school's success.

Not necessarily... For many years, the Purple Raiders have worn monochrome purple, purple on white, and black on purple as the home team in the championship. I have been to every Stagg Bowl for the last 16 years, and the only time I can recall Mt. Union wearing the Black on black was last year. I think last nights game was incredible because the lights caused the silver to "pop" in person. Plus monochrome black vs monochrome white is always a great matchup

Thanks for the correction regarding the Purple Raiders. I've watched the last 5 championships on TV, but was too lazy to look for images of the games.

I agree the hawk head was too large on their sleeves.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

I love White Water's uniforms in the D3 championship.

I hate them. Way more black than I care to see on a uniform on which the main colors of the school are purple and silver. The numbers were almost difficult to see (it seemed the lights actually helped) and the collar didn't go with the black. Mount Union does the same thing when they are the home team in the D3 championship. Sorry, but it is like watching Northwestern U. play in mostly black uniforms. I just don't like it. I taught at UWW for three years, not that adds anything to conversation other than the fact that I am interested the school's success.

Not necessarily... For many years, the Purple Raiders have worn monochrome purple, purple on white, and black on purple as the home team in the championship. I have been to every Stagg Bowl for the last 16 years, and the only time I can recall Mt. Union wearing the Black on black was last year. I think last nights game was incredible because the lights caused the silver to "pop" in person. Plus monochrome black vs monochrome white is always a great matchup

Thanks for the correction regarding the Purple Raiders. I've watched the last 5 championships on TV, but was too lazy to look for images of the games.

I agree the hawk head was too large on their sleeves.

Not a problem. Mt. Union apparently got new purple home jerseys this year, pro combat cut, and very similar to Arkansas

Well, Minnesota has released their new helmets. I could have done without the black facemask and whatnot. I don't mind Minnesota jumping on the matte bandwagon, it was only a matter of time before the B1G got involved. I really like the SKI-U-MAH on the neck bumper. Hopefully the black doesn't overpower the uniforms.

Photo Gallery Here

Brett Bielema said Wisconsin would be wearing modified uniforms for the Rose Bowl, and he said they wouldnt be wearing red pants as they did last year and have in past Rose Bowls. Whether modified actually means anything other than a Rose Bowl patch we will see. Possible he was just poking fun at Oregon with all their uniform nonsense.

Well, Minnesota has released their new helmets. I could have done without the black facemask and whatnot. I don't mind Minnesota jumping on the matte bandwagon, it was only a matter of time before the B1G got involved. I really like the SKI-U-MAH on the neck bumper. Hopefully the black doesn't overpower the uniforms.

Photo Gallery Here

Here's a picture (albeit a small one)

7274056.jpeg

I really like them. Is this the only change Minnesota is doing, or will the uniforms stay the same?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Photo Gallery Here

the black accents do the matte maroon no favors and makes the shell look more brown than anything else...blah

Photo Gallery Here

I don't think the facemask is black. Just maroon but darker because of the material

Archived