College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, Minnesota has released their new helmets. I could have done without the black facemask and whatnot. I don't mind Minnesota jumping on the matte bandwagon, it was only a matter of time before the B1G got involved. I really like the SKI-U-MAH on the neck bumper. Hopefully the black doesn't overpower the uniforms.

Photo Gallery Here

I don't think the facemask is black. Just maroon but darker because of the material

It's black.

7274482.jpeg

5884250.jpeg

Those Cinci uniforms are horrid up-close. What a horrible look.

Why is that running back making a sparkling palm tree with his hand on your avatar?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Why is that running back making a sparkling palm tree with his hand on your avatar?

That's not what he's doing...

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Considering how sharp maroon, gold, and black look together IMO, I think this Minnesota look could work. The amount of black on the helmets tells me there's going to be some amount of it on the uniforms-- a black alt wouldn't be the end of the world. After all, it's hard to be worse than this:

Minnesota+ugly-unis-minnesota.jpg

That's not what he's doing...

No, REALLY? <_<

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Considering how sharp maroon, gold, and black look together IMO, I think this Minnesota look could work. The amount of black on the helmets tells me there's going to be some amount of it on the uniforms-- a black alt wouldn't be the end of the world. After all, it's hard to be worse than this:

Minnesota+ugly-unis-minnesota.jpg

Maroon, yellow and black look terrible together. Maroon is far too close to black. You either have to go with maroon numbers on a black jersey (which would look really dreary and bad) or the maroon disappears against the black. And if the new Nike jerseys actually are better than the above, it will only be because those Apex ones swapped out the school color yellow for gold while also having black.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Those lids are fantastic. I was afraid the black would ruin it, but it somehow complements it imo... Hoping that there aren't black unis though.

This is Nike we're talking about. When they get ahold of a school (excepting the top 1%... like tOSU or USC) their number one goal is to promote themselves. The school's history is secondary at best.

In other words, the chances that Nike doesn't drag out one of their tired, uninspired black uniforms is close to zero.

Brett Bielema said Wisconsin would be wearing modified uniforms for the Rose Bowl, and he said they wouldnt be wearing red pants as they did last year and have in past Rose Bowls. Whether modified actually means anything other than a Rose Bowl patch we will see. Possible he was just poking fun at Oregon with all their uniform nonsense.

FWIW, UW wide receiver AJ Jordan tweeted some time ago that they were going to wear "new" uniforms for the Rose Bowl. It looks like Adidas might have cooked up something special for their game against Nike.

wisco_adidas-1.jpggbp-2.jpg

Those lids are fantastic. I was afraid the black would ruin it, but it somehow complements it imo... Hoping that there aren't black unis though.

This is Nike we're talking about. When they get ahold of a school (excepting the top 1%... like tOSU or USC) their number one goal is to promote themselves. The school's history is secondary at best.

In other words, the chances that Nike doesn't drag out one of their tired, uninspired black uniforms is close to zero.

Well, to be fair to Nike, not all of the schools that have gotten new uniforms lately have gotten black alts. Baylor, Arizona, Boise State, Washington State, Michigan State, Arkansas, etc. etc.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Cincinnati will go with the white tops for the Liberty Bowl:

AgvBWI-CEAADBZT.jpg

I wonder if they'll go with the white helmets and pants like they did in the 2010 Sugar Bowl. My guess is no considering the beat-down they took to Florida in that bowl. My guess is that they'll go with a black helmet and white pants, and Vandy will go black on black with the gold helmet.

25yzwqg.png

Ummmmmmmm..... what? :blink:

Maroon, yellow and black look terrible together. Maroon is far too close to black. You either have to go with maroon numbers on a black jersey (which would look really dreary and bad) or the maroon disappears against the black. And if the new Nike jerseys actually are better than the above, it will only be because those Apex ones swapped out the school color yellow for gold while also having black.

I think almost any color scheme can be worked into a good design, this one included. In large quantities, yes, the black and maroon blend together and don't look so hot (we saw this effect with the black sleeves on Michigan State's dark green Pro Combat jerseys), but black is a valid trim color when paired with yellow and maroon. Minnesota's old helmet logo, which had a yellow M with a black outline would have been perfect on this helmet (I don't know why they insist on using the double outline version). Pair that with yellow numbers with a black outline, and you have the bones of a great set. Not my first choice, but you can definitely make it work.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived