College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

Skip to about 1:14 to watch the Ohio football team have a collective jerseygasm. Seriously, it was like kids on Christmas.

Ohio in black looked ugly as sin, but it was a hell of a motivational tactic. :lol: I totally understand the reaction, too. Back in HS, we got new uniforms one week and everybody freaked the hell out. It was awesome.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Skip to about 1:14 to watch the Ohio football team have a collective jerseygasm. Seriously, it was like kids on Christmas.

Ohio in black looked ugly as sin, but it was a hell of a motivational tactic. :lol: I totally understand the reaction, too. Back in HS, we got new uniforms one week and everybody freaked the hell out. It was awesome.

After watching that, how can anyone possibly say that cool, new uniforms aren't an effective recruiting tool? Case closed right there.

Note to Ice Cap: I didn't say "sole reason why someone would choose a school", I said, "effective recruiting tool".

I long for the days when schools didn't have to turn to gimmicks in order to recruit. Things have become quite pathetic nowadays.

Money talks, I guess, and I'm not a player so who gives a :censored: what I think anyway?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I guess I would get excited too if my team just decided to randomly look just like Hawaii.....

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

You know, I wouldn't mind it as much if the majority of schools that use black uniforms looked good instead of looking like crap. For every Oklahoma State or Florida State, you have twice as many schools that just don't look right.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Matte strikes again.

What's next...carbon-fiber? Sandpaper? Marble? Mother-of-pearl?

(And since when did bowl season become the soundstage for "special uniforms"...or has that become a new incentive? "Play your way into a bowl game...get a fancy new uniform to wear IN the game!" And again...Nike started all this.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

So this isn't for the 2011 season, but it's still 2011 so I'm putting it here anyways.

Minnesota has just announced new uniforms, helmets before christmas and uniforms shortly after. They are releasing a portion from today until this coming Sunday. Here is part 1. Interesting to say the least.

5877692.jpeg

Gotta stay relevant to recruits/alums somehow when you only have 3 wins.

Matte strikes again.

(And since when did bowl season become the soundstage for "special uniforms"...or has that become a new incentive? "Play your way into a bowl game...get a fancy new uniform to wear IN the game!" And again...Nike started all this.)

Totally with you on this one. I don't understand it really. Maybe it's just me, but I'd think if I were playing on a big stage like a bowl game, that'd be the place to show off your brand rather than change it.

With the exception of Oregon, whom I expect/could get behind something special if done right, THIS is the farthest anything "special" should ever go in regards to bowl games:

rosebowl2011-johnson.jpg

brees_purdue.jpg

13316fdf4b61e681698b35c632fcc184d5210886.jpg?x=246&y=197&sig=491b2717bac9b34377676c49ab88813d

If you want to make a special decal or patch (see that Purdue picture) for the game? That's awesome, go ahead. But don't do something unnecessarily drastic or gimmicky for it all (not saying Baylor's helmet falls in either category, I'm just saying this in general).

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Matte strikes again.

Totally with you on this one. I don't understand it really. Maybe it's just me, but I'd think if I were playing on a big stage like a bowl game, that'd be the place to show off your brand rather than change it.

With the exception of Oregon, whom I expect/could get behind something special if done right, THIS is the farthest anything "special" should ever go in regards to bowl games:

rosebowl2011-johnson.jpg

brees_purdue.jpg

13316fdf4b61e681698b35c632fcc184d5210886.jpg?x=246&y=197&sig=491b2717bac9b34377676c49ab88813d

If you want to make a special decal or patch (see that Purdue picture) for the game? That's awesome, go ahead. But don't do something unnecessarily drastic or gimmicky for it all.

I don't have any pics but michigan would always go with big with the shoulder patches when they wore blue in the rose bowl...that's been a pretty long running tradition...in the mid 90's ucla did an amazing job putting roses on the shoulder yokes in lieu of the traditional rb patch.

also as a matter of precedent...special uniforms or tweaks in bowl games existed before nike was even in the uniform game...of the top of my head you had lsu going white helmet/yellow jersey in the 90's and notre dame going green during the holtz era...I vividly remember jerome bettis wearing a white jersey with a green 6 in the sugar bowl and running like a mad man...I can't remember who they played though.

I don't have any pics but michigan would always go with big with the shoulder patches when they wore blue in the rose bowl...that's been a pretty long running tradition...in the mid 90's ucla did an amazing job putting roses on the shoulder yokes in lieu of the traditional rb patch.

That's right, I remember both cases and liked them a lot.

rose_bowl.jpg

24e780eaf96311cefc8960f585359a8c586f5944.jpg?x=551&y=428&sig=115e8047f326433783c146dc142f5aaa

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I saw Montana the other night against UNI on tv, and i must say they looked amazing. I hope they get PC's like that... but not in Oregon's font. They should get their own unique one

Oh God no. They looked like hot garbage. Not only the colors and how they were used, but the helmet might be one of the worst ones I have ever seen. Using baseball script on a helmet - bad. Putting the team name on the helmet instead of the school - bad. Using an abbreviated version of the team name (Griz?!) - horrible. And it was made worse by the cursive z connecting with the underline. There was nothing respectable about those jerseys.

If they had removed all the black from the uniform and put their UM logo on the helmet, they would have been perfect. The silver numbers on the Maroon are a really unique, great look. That dark silver is really nice as well.

griz1-530x630.jpg

Speaking of Montana, since they get so little coverage on here, I'll throw out this gem from 2008, which includes one of the most unique color schemes we've ever seen. I really like the look, but I think grey pants would look better, and of course ditch the UM logo on the sleeves and plop one on the helmets in place of the Griz script. Scripts on helmets aren't my favorite look in general, plus they have worn the UM logo in the past, so I think that makes it a no-brainer.

tyler_corwin_t.jpg

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Matte strikes again.

Bowl game uniforms have been around since at least the 90s, and didn't necessarily start with Nike. Washington State had bowl game uniforms in 1994 in the Alamo Bowl, wearing Russell.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

That's right, I remember both cases and liked them a lot.

rose_bowl.jpg

24e780eaf96311cefc8960f585359a8c586f5944.jpg?x=551&y=428&sig=115e8047f326433783c146dc142f5aaa

great michigan photo...one of the coolest things to come out of 90's football was the mirrored visor...the ricky williams blue iridium on the dolphins was pretty cool as well.

I wish every school that played in the Rose Bowl had a way to incorporate the rose into their helmet logo. That has always looked cool.

Archived