College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those lids are fantastic. I was afraid the black would ruin it, but it somehow complements it imo... Hoping that there aren't black unis though.

This is Nike we're talking about. When they get ahold of a school (excepting the top 1%... like tOSU or USC) their number one goal is to promote themselves. The school's history is secondary at best.

In other words, the chances that Nike doesn't drag out one of their tired, uninspired black uniforms is close to zero.

NIKE is doing what is best for their company. Nothing wrong wih that at all, these teams know what they're getting into when they sign with NIKE.

90758391980.gif

Considering how sharp maroon, gold, and black look together IMO, I think this Minnesota look could work. The amount of black on the helmets tells me there's going to be some amount of it on the uniforms-- a black alt wouldn't be the end of the world. After all, it's hard to be worse than this:

Minnesota+ugly-unis-minnesota.jpg

Mm.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Terrible.

One-sided helmets don't look good, no matter what level they're at.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

If you use a black outline on yellow numbers with the maroon jersey, the outline would get lost. I haven't see any instances of black and maroon working well together.

I don't think the outline always needs to pop in a bright color. It's all about how it coordinates wit the rest of the elements. A black outline on a gold numeral against a maroon jersey is very subtle, but it serves to give the numeral a little extra lift off the background. It works provided you have black trim around, say, the helmet logo, or a black facemask, or a line of black piping separating the sleeve from the cuff. Not all design has to be loud, clear and contrasting. Black on maroon is subtle, even muddy, but it's still effective design if treated correctly.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

user409_10.jpg

not real/ not official but a lot of Tiger fans are expecting the Boise/Oregon treatment

I like it.

See, I think this is too gaudy as is. If you took a solid gold M (no outlines) like the one on the back right of the helmet there, along with the single gold stripe I think I see there, and put it on top of this black on black tiger stripe design, you've got a winner. Incorporating ultra-simple, classic elements (bland, boring elements for you next-gen folk) with subtle modern elements is a good way to go about these things.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

user409_10.jpg

not real/ not official but a lot of Tiger fans are expecting the Boise/Oregon treatment

I like it.

See, I think this is too gaudy as is. If you took a solid gold M (no outlines) like the one on the back right of the helmet there, along with the single gold stripe I think I see there, and put it on top of this black on black tiger stripe design, you've got a winner. Incorporating ultra-simple, classic elements (bland, boring elements for you next-gen folk) with subtle modern elements is a good way to go about these things.

thats a nice idea and as a Tiger fan I'd love to see that BUT I want to keep the stripes the way they are or similar.

Terrible.

One-sided helmets don't look good, no matter what level they're at.

I agree. Every helmet needs a logo on both sides!

Normally yes, but if that had the tiger head on both sides it would be too much. Maybe put the M on the other side?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

user409_10.jpg

I like it.

thats a nice idea and as a Tiger fan I'd love to see that BUT I want to keep the stripes the way they are or similar.

Yes. The gold stripe flanked by the two white stripes is their thing. I'd like to see that element carried out on the sleeves as well as a sock design.

Archived