Hammerhead Logo

missouri tigers

I dig it. Everything looks good, sans the head. Something is funky about that eye and the way the head is shaped. I wish I could find a better way to put it... it just doesn't flow as well as the rest of the shark. I think the area around the eye, and the eye itself should be looked at.

The only real problem I see is with his tail and his top fin. right now it looks like his top fin is going behind his tail. I think you need to either try extending the point on the fin, or try separating the tail and the fin so they are their own shapes, and dont blend into each other. other than that, looks good.

Picture21.png

Like chickenfish said, the highlights do get a little bit lost. I think in addition to making the one on the dorsal fin a little larger, it might not hurt to darken the gold color just a bit to make the highlights stand out...nothing drastic, just slightly. My only other nitpick is the thickness of the detail around the eye. I think if you match those to the thickness of the rest of the details, it might help the line quality in the eye region.

Really, really solid work here.

If you didn't tell me it was a hammerhead, I would have to stare at it for a while to figure it out. The strokes are way too thick, especially around the head. The curving and center point in the head doesn't look natural to me - at least not from any picture of a hammerhead I've seen. Also, the eye doesn't look much like an eye - just a hole. The fin on the viewer's left side doesn't look to be in the same position as the one on the right, and looks odd next to the main dorsal fin - like it's duplicated or something. The strokes are also really making the rear dorsal fin (not sure if that's what it's actually called) look odd.

There are too many odd "cut outs" in this one, and while I like logos that aren't too realistic and literal, this is too much on the opposite side of that IMO.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I thought the same thing as BringBackTheVet and Funkatron in that it took me a few seconds to realise what I was looking it. I find this logo too abstract, perhaps because of all of the maroon cut-outs?!

Richmond.pngCanucks-1.png49ers-1.pngMariners-2.png

Thanks to Gobbi for the awesome buttons!

I had no problem distinguishing that this was a hammerhead. It seemed quite obvious, but the fact that so many others arent seeing the hammerhead very easily means it should be changed. The fact that the tail just kind of sharply turns rather than flowing smoothly makes the shark look kind of stationary rather than swift. I personally really like this for the most part, but if the tail wasnt so covered up by the front of the shark, it might help.

I had no problem distinguishing that this was a hammerhead. It seemed quite obvious, but the fact that so many others arent seeing the hammerhead very easily means it should be changed. The fact that the tail just kind of sharply turns rather than flowing smoothly makes the shark look kind of stationary rather than swift. I personally really like this for the most part, but if the tail wasnt so covered up by the front of the shark, it might help.

I had no problem seeing the hammerhead of the shark, I think that's one of the best aspects of the logo. I agree that the sharp bend in the body hides the tail - elongate that area and make the bend more of an arc. The eye on the hammerhead could be narrowed a bit.

I really like the colors you used - great combination and very distinctive.

Adam, you're really close to having an A1 logo here.

I would extend the shark's right eye out a little more.

It would emphasize the hammerhead element and would make its face more symmetrical.

You only need the very tip of the creature's right fin showing.

It should be hidden more behind the body.

And yeah, extend the tail back and away from the top fin.

A few tweaks and it'll be perfect.

Archived