Sportsnet

Jer15

Sportsnet unveiled their new look today.

The idea being that their TV stations, radio stations, website and, magazine all have the same look.

Check out the logos here

Saw this earlier today, and don't like the new logo. It looks very "American" to me, and the little blue/red mark looks like a cropped Buffalo Bills logo. When I heard Sportsnet was planning on launching a magazine, I started thinking that it would fail immediately. Sportsnet does not have the cache of TSN, and its brand is very weak in comparison to TSN. I don't think this new loook changes anything.

Juventus.png

It looks like the Buffalo Bills, especially the unused logo.

sportsnet_logo.jpg

n0fd1z6xmhigb0eej3323ebwq.giffa2ed86heghaczg9phhfigavw.gif

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

"Blue and red looks like Buffalo" is the new "red and yellow looks like McDonalds."

It's the fact that it has a red streak over a solid blue shape, not that it's red/blue.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

I still can't get over how ridiculous it is that the second Sportsnet channel is called Sportsnet One.

they had to "one up" TSN2

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

This looks horribly generic and bland. I loved the old one, even though I have no idea what it's supposed to be. Watching Sportsnet Connected, hell, even Jays Connected will be an eyesore.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

But what's the difference between "West" and "Pacific?" Is West being used for the Midwest?

Pacific is BC and Yukon, West is Alberta, Sask, Manitoba.

Yet TSN Jets looks after Manitoba, Sask, NW Ontario, the NW Territories and Nunavut. No idea how they decided that the Territories were Jets fans.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

But what's the difference between "West" and "Pacific?" Is West being used for the Midwest?

Yet TSN Jets looks after Manitoba, Sask, NW Ontario, the NW Territories and Nunavut. No idea how they decided that the Territories were Jets fans.

Hate it. My Dad is seriously talking about shelling out for Centre Ice just so he can see the Jets. Very stupid on TSN not to make the Jets available to the entire country.

Anyways back to the change. If it means a change to their horrible graphic package then great, it's a good clean update.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Time zone, maybe?

I still can't get over how ridiculous it is that the second Sportsnet channel is called Sportsnet One.

I guess the One is because it is the national channel while before SNOne, it was just four seperate regional channels with shows broadcast for their timezones except for the Jays.

It looks like the Buffalo Bills, especially the unused logo.

sportsnet_logo.jpg

n0fd1z6xmhigb0eej3323ebwq.giffa2ed86heghaczg9phhfigavw.gif

I saw them do a piece just the other day about the new magazine and had no idea they were going to rebrand the whole thing. When I saw the magazine, I thought the same things about the Bills. Maybe one day the network or the new magazine will do a story on what exactly the old logo was. This is also like the third or fourth time the network has under gone changes to its look.

Hate it. My Dad is seriously talking about shelling out for Centre Ice just so he can see the Jets. Very stupid on TSN not to make the Jets available to the entire country.

Anyways back to the change. If it means a change to their horrible graphic package then great, it's a good clean update.

Ain't got nothing to do with TSN. By now shouldn't we all know about how the tv deals are seperated from national and regional deals. TSN can only show Jets games within the Jets region, except for the ones that are part of their national tv deal. It's why if you live in Halifax, the only time you would be able to see the Canucks (if you wanted) would be when they were on CBC and TSN nationally, but wouldn't be able to get their games on Sportsnet unless you bought centre ice.

I'll give Sportsnet credit, they've gone out there and added a LOT of great analysts and writers.

Their new branding is very bland, I agree, but the additions they've made in regards to content are going to enhance their reputation.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Archived