New NHL Standings Chart

Bayne

Hey fellow sports logo freaks, just thought I'd share with you what I've been up to for the last 3 months. I made something similar to this 3 years ago but I decided to do it all over again (I posted that one on here but I can't find the link). Logo changes being one of the reasons, also the fact that I just enjoy working with logos so much.

EDIT: made a blog

Each logo was hand painted onto a block of wood from a tracing of each logo. I probably got through about 3 or 4 a week. Constructing the board was quite a process as well. I used magnets to hold the peices in place which was not only a pricey element of the project, but quite difficult to align with the team blocks and figure out a way to make the magnetic pull not so strong that you couldn't pull the logos off the board without a crowbar. I worked it out and it is perfect. It makes a gentle thud as you place it into place with some rubber stoppers behind each block.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

:notworthy:

Only issue I can see is that the "home plate logo" is the official primary for the Kings.

Other than that, if you could find a way to mass produce these, you could be a VERY, VERY rich man.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

That is freaking awesome man.

If I had a man cave or a owned a sports bar, I'd want one of those in it. (Probably one for every league too.)

Very slick.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Thats the beauty of doing this one logo at a time. You can tinker with each logo ever so slightly to suit you preferences. In saying that however I didn't change much.

As for the Kings logo, I know the home plate is the official primary, but the crown still makes sense to be the main logo for something like this.

You know what I really hate about this? I can't buy it...

Reminds me of the stuff my Dad used to make, who, like Bayne, had a real flair for design, and a keen eye to the meticulous. Something, sadly, I have no talent for.

tigercatssignature-1.png

That is really, really nice (and matches my bar perfectly). I've been wanting to display the NL Central standings in some way (replicating Wrigley scoreboard pennants at a smaller scale was my first thought) but something like this might be the way I have to go now. Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

Only issue I can see is that the "home plate logo" is the official primary for the Kings.

Other than that, if you could find a way to mass produce these, you could be a VERY, VERY rich man.

>>>>

That new LA primary logo was the main thing that I too noticed right from the get-go .... kinda hard tho' to get much of that home-plate-like figure on a rectangular block ...

The funny part of it is that with the LA crown logo is directly above Chicago's logo, it looks like the Black Hawk fella has been crowned King . . :grin:

kings_bhawks.jpg

and HabsFan ... you're right about the Sabres logo, it does look better, not that I've ever taken much of a liking to that logo of ours.

That's some hobby you got there Bayne ... Excellent work, no wonder you posted that. I'd be proud of that too. greatjob.png

Thanks for all the kind words! that's really nice to read..

To creamSoda about the white x's, that is just a bit of artistic license on my part. I did a lot of mock ups with bits of white paper to see what would fill the black space around the NHL logo and up the top best. I found the X design was most effective so I kind of did my own take on that. I like to think it represents hockey sticks crossing. :P

Yes some of the logos were more work than others. Florida and Colorado were quite daunting and I kept putting it off and doing the easier ones. But really all you need is a small brush and steady hand and a lot of patience and it's no big deal!

Archived