Buffalo Bills to wear white jerseys at home this Sunday

Buffalo

Well, here's one way to help the white out at the Ralph:

@RussBrandon

‎#Whiteoutatheralph is in effect ? 50,000 white pom poms will be distributed to Ralph Wilson Stadium fans for Sunday's game vs. New York Jets

I have really pulled hard for the Bills this year, but I hope they lose Sunday....white-white-white should NEVER be worn at home for any reason. Every time the Dolphins do it I root against them. I hate the Jets so I always hope they lose. San Diego at least has the decency to wear the Navy Blue pants when they go white jersey at home. This is the worst news in the NFL so far this season.

spacer.png

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, here's one way to help the white out at the Ralph:

@RussBrandon

‎#Whiteoutatheralph is in effect ? 50,000 white pom poms will be distributed to Ralph Wilson Stadium fans for Sunday's game vs. New York Jets

Big fat dudes from Buffalo acting like cheerleaders is going to ruin a lot of teenage fantasies. Yikes. Try not to get wing sauce on your party favors, guys.

Cant I feel pretty for just one day?

Like other Bills fans, I don't like them wearing ALL white at home. It makes no sense. They are undefeated in the blue jerseys. Blue is more menacing and who wears all white unless, maybe, it's in early September when the weather up in WNY is still sunny & warm? The first thing i thought of when i read they were going to wear white jerseys was "ok, they didn't say all white uniforms,,,just jersey". That leaves open the possibility of blue pants. We know they exist, we know fans love them (from the good ol days)...and it makes no sense to "showcase" an all white uniform set at home that we have already seen several times this season. It's nothing new or vastly special. I think they surprise everyone by coming out after warmups with blue pants.

Has there been previous instances where teams have busted out new uniforms (or articles like helmet, jersey, pants) without it having originally listed on uniform charts?

I don't remember that the Bengals announced they were going to wear black pants in 2003, which they did for the first and last games that season, prior to changing to the current uni set in 2004.

Did the Titans ever mention the menagerie of uniform combinations that they started wearing in 2006?

I'm pretty sure the Seahawks never mentioned the navy blue pants they wore for several games in 2009.

Perhaps the rules are different for pants, since they're not merchandised to the public at all.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Has there been previous instances where teams have busted out new uniforms (or articles like helmet, jersey, pants) without it having originally listed on uniform charts?

I don't remember that the Bengals announced they were going to wear black pants in 2003, which they did for the first and last games that season, prior to changing to the current uni set in 2004.

Did the Titans ever mention the menagerie of uniform combinations that they started wearing in 2006?

I'm pretty sure the Seahawks never mentioned the navy blue pants they wore for several games in 2009.

Perhaps the rules are different for pants, since they're not merchandised to the public at all.

Didn't the Seahawks Neon Jersey happen due to Madden testing them in the game?

spacer.png

I'm sticking to my theory: somebody high up in the Bills' food chain (possibly the CEO mentioned a few posts ago) despised the blue monos they used to wear. If they bring out blue pants with the new set, it's only a matter of time until what? Blue monos. There's one way and one way only to make sure your team will never wear a blue mono: don't have blue pants.

Or, as the CEO, just tell your equipment managers and coaches that you don't want the team in all blue, and if they disobey they'll get fired or fined.

And possibly create discord when the players keep pestering everybody to wear the monos.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Like other Bills fans, I don't like them wearing ALL white at home. It makes no sense. They are undefeated in the blue jerseys. Blue is more menacing and who wears all white unless, maybe, it's in early September when the weather up in WNY is still sunny & warm? The first thing i thought of when i read they were going to wear white jerseys was "ok, they didn't say all white uniforms,,,just jersey". That leaves open the possibility of blue pants. We know they exist, we know fans love them (from the good ol days)...and it makes no sense to "showcase" an all white uniform set at home that we have already seen several times this season. It's nothing new or vastly special. I think they surprise everyone by coming out after warmups with blue pants.

>>>>>

I feel exactly as you.

We do play the J-E-T-S again in the Meadowlands in 3 weeks, and NY usually wears their pickle greens at home this time of year. Given that, if the BILLS really do wear white on white on white for the white-out on Sunday, then perhaps they'll pop out the blue pants for that game.

If we still don't see them by then .... I will give up all-hope for this season on seeing them.

Back in '73 uniform issues weren't mentioned much and the season opener at New England when I turned on the TV and saw Buffalo in blue away pants for the 1st time in our history I nearly pissed my pants. As a young BILLS fanatic I had always dreamed of having blue pants on the road just like KC had their red road pants. All week at school us kids were talking more about the blue pants than the 31-13 win or OJ's 250 yard rushing performance.

T'was special. :grin:

I hope it plays out exactly as you described.

I'm sticking to my theory: somebody high up in the Bills' food chain (possibly the CEO mentioned a few posts ago) despised the blue monos they used to wear. If they bring out blue pants with the new set, it's only a matter of time until what? Blue monos. There's one way and one way only to make sure your team will never wear a blue mono: don't have blue pants.

Exactly, this eliminates the temptation of the more "hip" players to try to make a fashion statement with monos. (I believe Eric Moulds was to blame for the Bills going mono-blues in the early days.) Those old unis wouldn't have been nearly as hideous if they had kept the white-blue/blue-white color schemes.

Or, as the CEO, just tell your equipment managers and coaches that you don't want the team in all blue, and if they disobey they'll get fired or fined.

And possibly create discord when the players keep pestering everybody to wear the monos.

I wonder how much that really happens. I don't doubt for a second that players do ask about wearing certain combinations (I remember it happening in KC and Vermeil (I think) denied them the all red) but I wonder how much "pestering" it is and how big a deal it really is. I really think that if an owner or coach stated that they're trying to build a tradition and establish some consistency and "this is the uniform, no ifs ands or butts", then it wouldn't be an issue.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Colts need blue pants

>>>>>

Both them and the Lions tried them, after one season the Colts shelved 'em, as did Detroit.

I thought they looked brilliant, especially with the black shoes.

colt_bluepants_harbaugh.jpg

That blue facemask looks awesome too!

spacer.png

I wonder how much that really happens. I don't doubt for a second that players do ask about wearing certain combinations (I remember it happening in KC and Vermeil (I think) denied them the all red) but I wonder how much "pestering" it is and how big a deal it really is. I really think that if an owner or coach stated that they're trying to build a tradition and establish some consistency and "this is the uniform, no ifs ands or butts", then it wouldn't be an issue.

Twenty or thirty years ago, maybe. With these Bills even, maybe, but with a lot of teams and the divas that are playing today, they'd be pissing and moaning on Twitter.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

>>>>>

Both them and the Lions tried them, after one season the Colts shelved 'em, as did Detroit.

now that looks amazing. If any team pulls out blue, I really wish it were the Colts. I don't like the idea of the Bills with them.

Manchester-City-icon.png

>>>>>

now that looks amazing. If any team pulls out blue, I really wish it were the Colts. I don't like the idea of the Bills with them.

I think it looked pretty snazzy for the Lions

Barry-Sanders.jpg

Go A's!

Archived