Buffalo Bills to wear white jerseys at home this Sunday

Buffalo

Has there been previous instances where teams have busted out new uniforms (or articles like helmet, jersey, pants) without it having originally listed on uniform charts?

The Seattle Seahawks surprised everyone with their neon green jerseys a couple years ago, unveiling them during the season, just days before wearing them in a game.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has there been previous instances where teams have busted out new uniforms (or articles like helmet, jersey, pants) without it having originally listed on uniform charts?

The Seattle Seahawks surprised everyone with their neon green jerseys a couple years ago, unveiling them during the season, just days before wearing them in a game.

I know that Hasselbeck at the time tweeted that the team was going green a day before the game. But yeah, I think a lot of people were caught by surprise with that one.

Go A's!

Weren't the Seahawks green jerseys leaked in Madden that year? Do the Bills have a blue pants option in the current Madden?

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Yeah, I was watching NFL Live, and Fred Jackson was telling fans to participate in the whiteout in his interview. No blue pants this week, folks....

>>>>>

'No blue pants' has never been officially addressed ... if so, I'm sure we'd all like to see the link or some kind of verification.

I heard Freddy's phone interview on NFL Live today too, regarding the white-out. Fred made no mention of jersey or pants color combinations, only about lobbying fans for a white-out along with white towel waving.

The old Winnipeg Jets were masters of white-outs .... they wore white sweaters with blue shorts for all their home games during that time-frame.

I'm not expecting to see blue pants on Sunday, but I haven't given up hope of seeing them either.

My link

Yeah, I was watching NFL Live, and Fred Jackson was telling fans to participate in the whiteout in his interview. No blue pants this week, folks....

>>>>>

'No blue pants' has never been officially addressed ... if so, I'm sure we'd all like to see the link or some kind of verification.

I heard Freddy's phone interview on NFL Live today too, regarding the white-out. Fred made no mention of jersey or pants color combinations, only about lobbying fans for a white-out along with white towel waving.

The old Winnipeg Jets were masters of white-outs .... they wore white sweaters with blue shorts for all their home games during that time-frame.

I'm not expecting to see blue pants on Sunday, but I haven't given up hope of seeing them either.

My link

Fcensored.gifK

Unless it's coming straight from the horse's mouth, I'd take it with a grain of salt. Any newspaper source will simply read "white jerseys" as white uniforms seeing as to our knowledge thus far, the pants don't "exist" at all, even though we have suspicion to believe otherwise. Remember, not everyone is as glued into these details as we may be.

Unless it's coming straight from the horse's mouth, I'd take it with a grain of salt. Any newspaper source will simply read "white jerseys" as white uniforms seeing as to our knowledge thus far, the pants don't "exist" at all, even though we have suspicion to believe otherwise. Remember, not everyone is as glued into these details as we may be.

If the blue pants existed, I would have thought they would have introduced them at the initial uniform press conference. I may be wrong, but I think that myth about the blue pants is simply a myth. I really hope I am wrong, because that all-white uniform sucks.

spacer.png

If the blue pants existed, I would have thought they would have introduced them at the initial uniform press conference. I may be wrong, but I think that myth about the blue pants is simply a myth. I really hope I am wrong, because that all-white uniform sucks.

Well the Jaguars' teal pants "existed" and were never worn, while the Texans' red pants didn't "exist" (at least I don't recall hearing about them being in the guide) and got worn. I also don't think the Seahawks' navy pants "existed" either, before they wore them with the green jersey, which also didn't "exist".

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I personally like the all white and think it looks quite clean. However, I'm simply saying that while we don't have definitive proof about the pants, I would not write them off simply based on that article. It's not like there's any hard fast rule about how you can unveil things. Seattle didn't unveil their bright green until partway through the season many years after their set released. I believe the Falcons didn't display their red alts (at the time) until partway through the season. Colleges unveil pieces midway through the year all the time.

I just find it odd that they'd do a white at home event and hype it up without a good reason. Many teams do white at home and it's usually not much to celebrate about. The blue pants, however...that could be another story.

Not saying it's definitive either way, but I'm gonna stay tuned to this one...

>>>>>

What you said is quite true, but you obviously haven't been on the Bills 2 main chat boards today if you believe that mostly not everyone is as glued to these details as we on this board sure are.. :grin:

This white-out and the blue pants issue and speculation is being questioned throughout both the boards.

The Bills have 1 senior equipment manager, and 2 assistant equipment managers, and it has been verified by someone whom I consider quite credible who had spoken to one of them and this manager had no problem confiding to him that the blue pants do exist, but word came by Russ Brandon (the CEO) that they've chosen to go with the blue with white for home games and that the all-white would be the road uniform, which so far has been the case... This was in early August.

Seeing how we're 4-0 in blue, and 1-2 in all-white several Bills fans are upset about it, if in fact they do go with the white pants. It just doesn't seem to make sense to most to mess with success if they were to wear all-white and not break out the blue pants which upper management has to know by now have been in very deep demand to see blue pants with white jerseys ever since the new uniforms were unveiled on 30-June and a few fans have gotten their hands on the official NFL uniform guide which shows ever clubs set and measurements from everything to the width on helmet stripes to exact inches of jersey and pants striping.

Before the season the Bills submitted to the NFL that they'd be wearing blue for all home games, and were notified by the NFL that they'd be in blue for road games at Dallas and Miami. This Sunday's was obviously a late-change which had to of been approved first by the NY Jets and then the NFL.

Why would they be trying to put together a white-out with only 4 days notice?? They have fans that fly in from all over, come in from north of the border, and not all are privy or have the time during the work-week to know these developments that occur only 4 days before kickoff.

SD for example had long notified their fans on 23-Aug that they would wear their power blues at home weeks 12 and 15 versus Denver & Baltimore. Their fans have been quite upset about it as they feel they're being toyed with by waiting so long because Chargers-nation overwhelmingly wants to go back to the 60s power blues on a full-time basis and are still pissed off that they took away the powder blue throwbacks and altered them into a powder blue alternate. There's a good read on that on the link below.

San Diego Chargers to Wear Powder Blue Jerseys on 11/27, 12/18

For the Bills,wearing the all-whites at home totally contradicts what they said they would be doing early this past August, so at this point I wouldn't be shocked if they do break out the blue pants, but I'm not going to expect it.

They want Rich Stadium to look like this on Sunday, good luck with only 4 days notice ....

penn-state-white-out.jpg

Color-outs are much easier when the weather is nice and you can just throw on a t-shirt. It's a little harder to pull off when people are bundled up in their winter coats. Wearing a t-shirt over top of outerwear looks douchy in every case.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm sticking to my theory: somebody high up in the Bills' food chain (possibly the CEO mentioned a few posts ago) despised the blue monos they used to wear. If they bring out blue pants with the new set, it's only a matter of time until what? Blue monos. There's one way and one way only to make sure your team will never wear a blue mono: don't have blue pants.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I'm sticking to my theory: somebody high up in the Bills' food chain (possibly the CEO mentioned a few posts ago) despised the blue monos they used to wear. If they bring out blue pants with the new set, it's only a matter of time until what? Blue monos. There's one way and one way only to make sure your team will never wear a blue mono: don't have blue pants.

Or introduce a red third jersey. or navy third.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Or, as the CEO, just tell your equipment managers and coaches that you don't want the team in all blue, and if they disobey they'll get fired or fined.

Well, here's one way to help the white out at the Ralph:

@RussBrandon

‎#Whiteoutatheralph is in effect – 50,000 white pom poms will be distributed to Ralph Wilson Stadium fans for Sunday's game vs. New York Jets

Well, here's one way to help the white out at the Ralph:

@RussBrandon

‎#Whiteoutatheralph is in effect ? 50,000 white pom poms will be distributed to Ralph Wilson Stadium fans for Sunday's game vs. New York Jets

Big fat dudes from Buffalo acting like cheerleaders is going to ruin a lot of teenage fantasies. Yikes. Try not to get wing sauce on your party favors, guys.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived