Buffalo Bills to wear white jerseys at home this Sunday

Buffalo

If you have to attack other posters, then you obviously can't articulate a coherent argument to support your position, and you automatically lose the argument. :P

Attack posts, not posters. You don't know what's going on inside anybody else's head, but owe them the same respect they owe you.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(On a side note, I think you stumbled upon how to fix the Browns' brown pants problem: Slap some stripes on it.)

They should bring back the orange pants. I was never all that fond of those brown ones.

Agree with that 100%, but if they're gonna stay with the Brown pants, they should at least put some stripes on em.

This thread has been Cleve-jacked!!! .....by Flame??? :blink:

Hey, at least I tried to bring it on-topic in my orignal post! :P

At least this is the end of it & there won't be at least 3 pages of arguing devoted to Cleveland though since one of the primary offenders got the heave-ho. :lol:

Was it Johnny "Chief Wahoo isn't racist" Seoul who got banned? That dude could work a discussion on the Browns' pants into a thread on the Greek financial crisis.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I wouldn't be opposed to the blue pants coming out for a few games, but like the Packers road concept with green pants I'd worry that sooner or later they'd be paired with the blue jerseys. So maybe it's for the best that the Bills just stick to the white pants for now.

Yes, for the love of God, we couldn't see a team actually wear a different combo or two, during a 20 game season.

We must stick with the same home combo and the same road combo for each game and NEVER, EVER, wear a dark colored monochome look. That's just too "flashy" for us uniform dorks, with sticks up our behinds, about how football teams should look.

Geez, some of you need to lighten up. Monochromes are part of all football now and have been for a couple of DECADES now. Get over it and get with the program. Its not going to kill anyone, to see your beloved team you rooted for when you were in PJ's, to actually be creative for once and wear something different.

This is my response to an earlier comment you had:

I am like you, I believe that an all-white stormtropper set is a white MONOCHROME uniform. There are not exceptions to monochrome, if it is all the same color then it is monocrhome. By definition, mon-0-chrome means = a painting or drawing in different shades of a single color. Therefore, the Bills will be in a monochrome state today.

Response to current topic:

I agree that wearing the same old uniform is boring as hell. The Browns are wearing all-white this season and it absolutely sucks. The Cowboys wore Blue jerseys this year for the first time in how many years? Teams need to mix it up a little bit. I loved when the Redskins decided to bring back the gold pants because it gives them the option of wearing those at home and be burgundy on the road. It is a good mesh of something different and the Redskins of all teams pulled it off after years of wearing just white jersey and burgundy pants at home and away unless they went to Dallas. It is this small type of transformation that I would like to see Buffalo and many other teams in the league make.

I am not saying that teams should do a complete overhaul in the league, but minor changes would suffice. Take Buffalo for example, blue pants would give them and option on the road. Thank goodness the Dolphins have those great looking aqua pants because it gives them a great look when they wear them on the road. How about the Texans? They have three jerseys and three pant sets which gives them a lot of options to put on the field ( I would love to see the red pants on the road ).

Change is to transform or convert and it is not a bad thing. I am not in favor of multiple helmets in the NFL, but I am not opposed to a limit of 2. I believe that some teams should not change completely, but minor tweaks like the previous post of the Packers in green pants would be an excellent change. The major structure of the uniform is in place and the logo would not be touched, and most off it would look a lot better than some of the hideous throwbacks some of the teams have like the ACME Packers.

spacer.png

Ice Cap ..

The way I see it the blue colour the Bills use now is to bright to work for pants. Say what you will about navy, but it's dull enough to work for pants. Pants should never be the focal point of a uniform, but when they're as bright and bold as that colour the Bills use they risk becoming that. They become the centre of attention, you might say. Besides, once you add blue pants as an option to go with the road whites you invite the option to wear them with the blue jerseys. The favourable option would be to just keep the blue pants with the white jerseys but you and I both know that will never happen, as to many players these days harbour a liking of monochrome uniforms and will break out the blue pants/jersey combo if given the chance. That would be a mess, eh?

Oh well, I'm just happy the Bills are good again. I fall into their local coverage, so it's just nice to catch some good NFL football from my chesterfield for a change.

Someone out there in the Bills equipment room is listening about the blue socks...

fitzrun-jets-cp.jpg

>>>>

Not necessarily .....

Whenever the NY Giants are forced to wear their home blue jerseys on the road they always seem to wear the road-gray pants with the spread-out striping rather than the home-gray pants with the 3 stripes that come together.

I believe that part of the reason for this white-out gimmick was an attempt to sell more of the new white jerseys because from what I heard is that the new blue jerseys outsell the white ones overwhelmingly.

The white throwback worn in 2009 for AFL-50 they couldn't get enough of them as they were in such high demand. I noticed on TV today that the majority of the fans wearing white jerseys had on the throwback, not the newer one.

Someone out there in the Bills equipment room is listening about the blue socks...

fitzrun-jets-cp.jpg

>>>>

Not necessarily .....

Whenever the NY Giants are forced to wear their home blue jerseys on the road they always seem to wear the road-gray pants with the spread-out striping rather than the home-gray pants with the 3 stripes that come together.

I believe that part of the reason for this white-out gimmick was an attempt to sell more of the new white jerseys because from what I heard is that the new blue jerseys outsell the white ones overwhelmingly.

The white throwback worn in 2009 for AFL-50 they couldn't get enough of them as they were in such high demand. I noticed on TV today that the majority of the fans wearing white jerseys had on the throwback, not the newer one.

Not debating that reasoning, but I bet you'd find that consistent around the league. I'd be fairly confident that whatever the team's home jersey will generally be the top seller. I'm sure there may be certain exceptions (probably the Chargers- bring on the powder blue!).

Ralph Wilson hasn't gotten a memo since 1997. That's when replacement parts for his teletype stopped being available. No one's had the heart to tell him.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived