Buffalo Bills to wear white jerseys at home this Sunday

Buffalo

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All teams should have 2 pants options (even the Packers...

Okay, now you've gone too far.

I think the Pack would look sharp in green pants with striping that matched the sleeves of the green jerseys.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Nope.

No way, no how. The pants are perfect and not the problem with the Packers' roads (the sleeve stripes are).

>>>>

Agreed !!

Green Bay and Chicago are probably the lone 2 teams in the NFL where nothing should even be tweaked on either their home or away sets, they couldn't be any better IMO.

The green pants would make a nice occasional option, just not permanent.

I even like the Packers throwbacks too, with the khaki pants.... very sharp yet a very rare color combo. 1929, which their throwback is based on, that's the exact era when sports teams began with uniform numbers, I think the MLB NY Yankees were first. If the '29 Packers didn't have jersey numbers back then I would love to see how the throwback would look if the names and numbers matched the same khaki color of the pants.

I've been to many Bills away games over the years, and Green Bay is far and away my favorite. The atmosphere there is pure football, fans were great even to the many Bills fans there tailgating. I was very impressed at how hospitable they were, and you are so close to the playing field at Lambeau no matter where you're sitting. Miami lost that home edge when the moved out of the Orange Bowl to play in that square-shaped stadium.

I even enjoyed the Packers HOF better than the one in Canton.

09000d5d8232855f_gallery_600.jpg

WW didn't like all the black combinations that were added and thought it was Diluting the brand.

Yes, that one game a year they wore black uniforms, was just horrible. Horrible, I say!

Diluting what brand? They are the freakin' Jacksonville Jaguars. Nobody outside of Jacksonville, even know they exist.

Their best combo, has been and would still be, teal jersey's and black pants. Maybe one day, once their "brand" has recovered, they'll wear that combo again once or twice a year.

I Honestly thought they changed primaries their last year im those.

I hated their all black "quoth the raven look"

I wish he would have dropped the black tops for a gold alr when they changed.

The bills need a Blue pants white top combo. If for nothing else them to use as a primetime game uniform.

All blue in a primetime game as a special thing can be good, if done right. Look at the hype in 03 with the dolphins vs bears. It was awesome. Don't overuse a novelty. It wears out it's welcome.

I'm looking at you seattle

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

I even like the Packers throwbacks too, with the khaki pants.... very sharp yet a very rare color combo. 1929, which their throwback is based on, that's the exact era when sports teams began with uniform numbers, I think the MLB NY Yankees were first. If the '29 Packers didn't have jersey numbers back then I would love to see how the throwback would look if the names and numbers matched the same khaki color of the pants.

The Packers first wore jersey numbers on their backs in 1925, although I have no idea what they looked like.

They had numbers on the back of the 1929 jerseys which inspired the throwbacks, but again I have no idea what the numbers looked like. Perhaps we can presume that they were the same block as on the front, perhaps not. They may have been gold, or they may have been white; we just don't know.

The earliest photo I have of Packers numerals is this one from October of 1932, a game against the Portsmouth, Ohio Spartans (eventually to become the Detroit Lions). This was the year that the Packers dropped the gold circled numbers from their chests and went back to plain navy blue jerseys.

MilwaukeeJournal_PackersBeatPortsmouth_10oct1932_close.jpg

#52 in the middle is our Packer. That's Al Rose, tight end out of Texas. It's a much thinner and more elegant number font than I would have expected; the blocky Portsmouth numbers are what I pictured.

I am probably in the minority and as a big Packer fan I will probably be shushed. I also believe that the Packers should have a secondary pants color, as should every team. Though with current uniforms in the NFL, the Packers would only have to wear the alternate pants when on the road at Pittsburgh. The visiting team should not be allowed to wear the same color (jerseys or pants) as the home team. Personally, I wouldn't mind the rule extended to helmets too but that might be just too hard for people to support.

3MLoa.png

The more I look at it, the more I like it. They could only ever be worn on the road, though.

That's the look I had in my head, minus the yellow socks. IMO it would look better with with white socks (same stripe pattern as white jersey).

Hotter Than July > Thriller

I received a response from lead Buffalo Bills journalist Chris Brown about the possibility of the blue pants for this week or any other game this season. His response was "No blue pants this year. That's all I've been told."

:censored:ity:censored:.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

3MLoa.png

The more I look at it, the more I like it. They could only ever be worn on the road, though.

I'd never advocate messing with the Packers perfect football uniform, but I have to admit that doesn't look too bad.

On topic, all the Bills need to do to fix the all white look is wear different socks. That said, while I'm usually not a fan of dark pants, I think the Bills in blue pants with the white jerseys wouldn't look too bad.

BB52Big.jpg

I received a response from lead Buffalo Bills journalist Chris Brown about the possibility of the blue pants for this week or any other game this season. His response was "No blue pants this year. That's all I've been told."

:censored:ity:censored:.

>>>>

They also told him in August that the Bills will be wearing blue jerseys-white pants at all home games and in Dallas & Miami, and the white set for all other away games. Now all of a sudden they're wearing white this Sunday at home vs the J-E-T-S, with only 4 days notice given.

For those who don't know, Chris Brown is not employed by any newspaper, sports outlet, nor is he free-lance, he strictly works for the Bills.

His blog is on buffalobills.com, which appears every Friday. He also posts on the official Bills chat board regarding team-news, and his threads are always stuck at the very top of the 1st page of the chat forum.

If they are planning on wearing blue pants this fall as a 'surprise' as Paul Lukas from ESPN's Uniwatch predicted, they're sure not gonna tell him, as it would wreck the surprise. They only tell him what they want him to relate to the fans, he's their puppet.

Believe one thing tho', tons of fans have demanded blue away pants, so the top executives are fully aware that's what the fans want to see. I don't think they ever expected such a backlash for them when they did the unveiling.

If they're not worn 3 weeks from now on 27-Nov against the J-E-T-S at the Meadowlands, I've already decided that I'll give up all hopes of seeing them until next season.

What would be really funny is if they appear 2 weeks after that down in San Diego.

I'll be attending that game ... :grin:

Most important thing, more so than the pants, is to beat the Jets this Sunday. They along with Rex too have been very quiet this week, which is very out of character for them.

3MLoa.png

I did not expect to like that as much as I do, wow. That looks REALLY good.

(On a side note, I think you stumbled upon how to fix the Browns' brown pants problem: Slap some stripes on it.)

On topic, I think I'd prefer to see the Bills in all-white. It'd look better if they got rid of the grey facemask and replaced it with white, but that's a complaint about the identity, not the uniform combo. Either way, seeing as how they're playing the Jets, it should be an appealing game to look at on Sunday.

Archived