Buffalo Bills to wear white jerseys at home this Sunday

Buffalo

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way I see it the blue colour the Bills use now is too bright to work for pants.

Pants should never be the focal point of a uniform, but when they're as bright and bold as that colour the Bills use they risk becoming that.

They become the centre of attention, you might say.

>>>>>>>>>

The things you constantly state, I just can't help myself but to always shake my head in utter disbelief.

>

09000d5d8236ba6f_gallery_600.jpg

09000d5d82366f03_gallery_600.jpg

The way I see it the blue colour the Bills use now is too bright to work for pants.

Pants should never be the focal point of a uniform, but when they're as bright and bold as that colour the Bills use they risk becoming that.

>>>>>>>>>

The things you constantly write, I just can't help myself to always shake my head in utter disbelief.

>

09000d5d8236ba6f_gallery_600.jpg

09000d5d82366f03_gallery_600.jpg

But they have a red helmet to balance it out.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

>>>>>>>>>

The things you constantly state, I just can't help myself but to always shake my head in utter disbelief.

You're inability to just say "I disagree" is where we're having problems ;)

Anyway anythinglogos already answered. The Chiefs have a red helmet that balances out the red pants. It creates a "framing effect" that draws attention to what's in between the two red pieces, the white jersey. If the Bills went to blue pants on the road they'd stand out against the white jerseys and helmets. Your eyes would be drawn to the pants first, and pants should never by the focal point of a uniform.

>>>>>>>>>

Anyway anythinglogos already answered. The Chiefs have a red helmet that balances out the red pants. It creates a "framing effect" that draws attention to what's in between the two red pieces, the white jersey. If the Bills went to blue pants on the road they'd stand out against the white jerseys and helmets. Your eyes would be drawn to the pants first, and pants should never by the focal point of a uniform.

Interesting argument. However, the Dolphins have a white helmet and look unbelievably gorgeous when they wear their white jersey and bright aqua pants.

The way I see it the blue colour the Bills use now is to bright to work for pants. Say what you will about navy, but it's dull enough to work for pants. Pants should never be the focal point of a uniform, but when they're as bright and bold as that colour the Bills use they risk becoming that.

For the people who say white helmet teams such as the Colts and Bills can't wear colored pants, how are colored socks different? I agree that it looks unbalanced to have only the pants colored, but I think it's often the best solution. Doesn't it look just as strange or stranger if the only blue on the uniform (outside of the number) is on the socks? At least blue pants in the middle of the white would break things up in the middle, whereas colored socks with all white above makes things look even more unbalanced, IMO.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

However, the Dolphins have a white helmet and look unbelievably gorgeous when they wear their white jersey and bright aqua pants.

Gorgeous?

How about "soft"?

The Dolphins whole persona is just soft, from the helmet to the uniforms. Kinda like Tennessee, whose mismatch of white helmet, light blue jerseys and navy blue pants might be the worst trio of color combinations in football history.

Both the Titans and Dolphins DESPERATELY need a update.

The Titans need to figure out if they want to be the Titans or the Oilers. Right now, they are trying to be both and failing at both.

The Titans would look light-years better with a light blue helmet and the elimination of the navy pants. Light blue helmet (with a navy blue facemask). Plus, they should incorporate red (which is a part of their logo) into their uniform. Keep the navy blue socks and use navy blue as a trim color. I'd love to see a red alternate jersey implemented too.

The Dolphins uniforms are cheap-looking. The white helmet is OK. They need to change their pant-stripes on their white and aqua marine pants. They are too overbearing and too 1970's-ish. Also, they need to wear aqua full-time at home and s-can the "we only wear white at home" bullcrap. No need to see those soft white uniforms for 15 games a year. Not when the aqua jersey (and the orange alt) are clearly superior.

However, the Dolphins have a white helmet and look unbelievably gorgeous when they wear their white jersey and bright aqua pants.

Gorgeous?

How about "soft"?

The Dolphins whole persona is just soft, from the helmet to the uniforms.

"Soft"?

>>>>>>>>>

Interesting argument. However, the Dolphins have a white helmet and look unbelievably gorgeous when they wear their white jersey and bright aqua pants.

I would say the Dolphins kind of get away with it because teal isn't as "dominant" a colour as the Bills' blue. It's still eye catching though, and I still prefer it when they wear the white jersey with the white pants.

>>>>>>>>>

I would say the Dolphins kind of get away with it because teal isn't as "dominant" a colour as the Bills' blue. It's still eye catching though, and I still prefer it when they wear the white jersey with the white pants.

I can see that, Ice_Cap. I think someone else stated this, but I think the color of the team's socks can also balance or unbalance the whole look as well. If the Bills do infact have blue pants and they wear white socks, those socks would balance out the white helemet and probably wouldn't look bad at all.

I can see that, Ice_Cap. I think someone else stated this, but I think the color of the team's socks can also balance or unbalance the whole look as well. If the Bills do infact have blue pants and they wear white socks, those socks would balance out the white helemet and probably wouldn't look bad at all.

>>>>>

We enjoyed that away look for 10 years, from '73-'83 and I couldn't possibly agree more with everything you stated.

It was an awesome look and with the black shoes now worn by most teams including Buffalo that look can only get even better.

The fans remember it, and I'm sure that's the reason why the the majority of Bills fans have been lobbying upper-management about them non-stop .....

During that time we always wore white socks with them, mostly with the same stripes from the jersey sleeves.

joecribbs.jpg

It was an awesome look and with the black shoes now worn by most teams including Buffalo that look can only get even better.

joecribbs.jpg

In what way are black shoes better than white? I'm curious.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Archived