Buffalo Bills to wear white jerseys at home this Sunday

Buffalo

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please for the love of god let them wear the blue pants!

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Don't NFL teams have to declare what jerseys they'll wear for each game before the season starts? If so, then the Bills had planned on a November surprise to unveil their blue pants, hoping to generate a little midseason buzz.

No mention of pants in the article... here's a neat snippet:

"The Bills will wear their royal blue jerseys during the next two road games at Dallas and Miami. With no Bills throwback uniform game during the 2011 season this Sunday’s game gives the Bills the opportunity to wear their white jersey in front of the home crowd"

"The Bills will wear their royal blue jerseys during the next two road games at Dallas and Miami. With no Bills throwback uniform game during the 2011 season this Sunday?s game gives the Bills the opportunity to wear their white jersey in front of the home crowd"

But Buffalo fans can see the white road jerseys on tv. I don't get this reasoning at all.

I'm good with it though. There should be plenty of Jets fans at the game. Wearing green will only make them feel even more at home. ;)

6uXNWAo.png

"The Bills will wear their royal blue jerseys during the next two road games at Dallas and Miami. With no Bills throwback uniform game during the 2011 season this Sunday?s game gives the Bills the opportunity to wear their white jersey in front of the home crowd"

But Buffalo fans can see the white road jerseys on tv. I don't get this reasoning at all.

There's a difference between "on tv" and "in front of the home crowd"

bufg.png

[With no Bills throwback uniform game during the 2011 season this Sunday?s game gives the Bills the opportunity to wear their white jersey in front of the home crowd"

And for the home crowd to say, "Man those all white uniforms are boring and those white striped socks look out of place".

Maybe the Jets will wear their tired all whites with white socks too. And if it snows, nobody will see anything.

"The Bills will wear their royal blue jerseys during the next two road games at Dallas and Miami. With no Bills throwback uniform game during the 2011 season this Sunday's game gives the Bills the opportunity to wear their white jersey in front of the home crowd"

Because now they can encourage people to buy the white jersey to wear to the game so they can pretend that they're players who might get called in at any moment.

They're having a "White Out" in Buffalo this Sunday.

Article: Players want "White Out"

ten8.jpg

That should read "merchandising department wants white-out".

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Hope the Jets don't wear ALL GREEN. They look like pickles!

Maybe ARTnSocal or JohnnySeoul could shed some light on this game on Sunday.

>>>>>>>

I'm baffled myself. Virtually everyone wants to see them in the white jersey with blue pants.

What the article on Bills website said was that the Bills would be wearing white 'jerseys' on Sunday .... they didn't use the word 'uniforms' ... seems to me they were very careful with the wording.

The only way this makes sense is if they break out the blue pants which are overwhelmingly in demand for with the white jerseys.

Bills are 4-0 in blue ..... 1-2 in all white, plus 2 losses both times they've been worn in preseason in that triple-white look. We play the J-E-T-S in NY again in 3 weeks, so again ... if no blue pants it's a senseless move and they're messing with karma.

The BILLS have NEVER worn white-white-white at home before in their 50+ year history. They had either a red helmet, blue pants, or both to go with the white jerseys when wearing them at home back in the early 80s when it was done.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ESPN - UNIWATCH (30-June-2011)

by Paul Lucas (after he critiqued the Bills new uniforms upon unveiling)

Paul Lukas has a hunch the Bills will roll out some blue pants at some point this fall, as a "surprise" move.

Mr Lukas is well informed on uniforms, so he had to of heard that from a person of high credibility IMO.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...s&sportCat=nfl

** scroll to the very bottom of that link **

ESPN - UNIWATCH (30-June-2011)

by Paul Lucas (after he critiqued the Bills new uniforms upon unveiling)

Paul Lukas has a hunch the Bills will roll out some blue pants at some point this fall, as a "surprise" move.

Mr Lukas is well informed on uniforms, so he had to of heard that from a person of high credibility IMO.

absolutely not.

Yes, he's well-connected. But he'd never leak information, even in an oblique manner. If Lukas had heard anything credible at all, he never have said a word. The fact that he wrote that tells us he hasn't been told anything.

He had a hunch. Nothing more. Maybe he's right, maybe he's not.

Yeah, I was watching NFL Live, and Fred Jackson was telling fans to participate in the whiteout in his interview. No blue pants this week, folks....

>>>>>

'No blue pants' has never been officially addressed ... if so, I'm sure we'd all like to see the link or some kind of verification.

I heard Freddy's phone interview on NFL Live today too, regarding the white-out. Fred made no mention of jersey or pants color combinations, only about lobbying fans for a white-out along with white towel waving.

The old Winnipeg Jets were masters of white-outs .... they wore white sweaters with blue shorts for all their home games during that time-frame.

I'm not expecting to see blue pants on Sunday, but I haven't given up hope of seeing them either.

Archived